Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gibbons kicked off team

wheels002

He has been removed from the team for sexual misconduct

Sorry if this has already been talked about I haven't been around much lately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something new, or has evidence come to light regarding the incident we've heard of?

...and I thought he was already gone.

Last edited:
Let me take this opportunity to say, once again, fuck this chump. It took way too many years, but it's good to know my university *might* still stand for something bigger.

Let me take this opportunity to say, once again, fuck this chump. It took way too many years, but it's good to know my university *might* still stand for something bigger.

You've been consistently saying it. But this shouldn't be the end of it. Someone dropped the ball.

Well we did the right thing in the end. I wonder if that douglas2k jackass is happy now? I assume the other guy is pissed

Swift justice I tell you, kicked off the team just 4 years after the incident and just 30 days after his eligibility was up.

You've been consistently saying it. But this shouldn't be the end of it. Someone dropped the ball.

Absolutely. But in the end, people at the university could've privately acknowledged the mistake and let it die. The issue never gained much traction publicly, and the vast majority aren't even aware of it/don't believe the accusations. It took too long, but glad it was handled in the end.

Hopefully for his sake, gibbons matured a lot over the years. But honestly, from the first moment I met him (months before the incident in question occurred), I knew he was scum.

Swift justice I tell you, kicked off the team just 4 years after the incident and just 30 days after his eligibility was up.

But let's hear about Campbell and MSU being thugs one more time

Last edited:
Not kicked off the team. Expelled from the University. "Permanently separated" As of Dec 20, 2013.

https://michigandaily.com/sports/former-kicker-brendan-gibbons-expelled-sexual-misconduct?page=0,0

ans it's from the 2009 case. This is BS. Why did he get to have an entire career as a player...and then he gets the boot?

That must be that Michigan Difference you're always hearing about.

Joking aside, this is a serious issue and we had a thread a while back that got locked. Hope the truth comes out.

Last edited:
Here comes the peanut gallery.

They totally miss that even if there are forces within the university that try to cover stuff up, there are more people interested in exposing injustices, and yes, that does make Michigan different. We get probation for having the wrong coaches involved in stretching exercises. This isn't the SEC. Our dirt will come to light. Didn't State just have a guy get suspended for something? Did anyone figure out what happened? Bet if he was at Michigan it would have been dug up. Read our posts. Read Michigan posts at other sites. People want to know what took so long and who's fault it is. It's not the "nothing to see here" BS you'd see elsewhere. Yeah we locked a thread, because it was too much dirt being dug up in a court of public opinion, not because we wanted it buried.

Last edited:
2 unprovable things I tend to believe. 1) Based on hailhail's description, I think Gibbons is a scumbag and however it played out, it's in the range of behaviors where he deserves expulsion, 2) Lewan and the coaches thought Gibbons was innocent.

Last edited:
Lets hear hungry defend gibbons more. Vaginal tearing and bruising? Whats the problem? Happens all the time

You know nothing of how a vagina works if you think vaginal tearing and bruising equals rape

No one take that as defending Gibbons. It's just science.

Oh shut up, Sbee. He's been off the team for months and this isn't new.

Back