Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Talked with Luis Tiant today.

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
This afternoon after taking the elderly man I'm a caregiver to to a doctor appointment, we stopped at a restaurant nearby. Always crowded, anyways we are at the edge of one room of tables near the entrance to the other room of seating. After awhile, I see Tiant and his wife. They finish, get up, she leaves for the exit, our eyes meet and we smile, she is probably used to people talking to 'El Tiante'. He's talking with another guy, then walks towards us.
I get up and shake Luis' hand and wish him luck to get in the HOF. Similar career numbers iirc with Hunter, Bunning, Drysdale.....and I asked him what it was like to pitch to Kaline. Luis said he was very tough to pitch to.
I saw and spoke to him summer of 1999 near Fenway walking with a crowd of people at an event not a ballgame. It was about the time he began selling his Luis Tiant cigars.

Cool man. Big fan of his..I hope he gets in.

Last edited:
Love how he turned his back on batters..

Last edited:
Back