Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Football Recruiting '17

Sam Webb said that there hasn't been much interest shown either way since a meeting in the spring or early summer. Not sure if Michigan got the impression that he was solid in his commitment or if they don't feel like he fits a position of need. He's injured now, season-ending shoulder injury. That may factor into the decision if they think they've got potential contributors elsewhere in the class or already on the roster, with the attrition from the LB group at the end of the season, they need early returns on the linebackers, so someone coming off of a serious shoulder injury might not be what they're looking for.

He seems like a great prospect, but given how much it'd take to flip him and the near certainty that his career would start with a redshirt, he may not be much of a loss.

Edit: One other thing I've noticed is that it seems like 90% of the top 100 lists have interest in Michigan. I'm not sure if those sites all just list any school that's offered and hasn't been ruled out publicly by the recruit, or if there's more of a vetting process as to who they list, but it seems like the 2016 class has been sorted into the high, medium and no interest for the most part. I can't ever recall seeing Michigan listed on so many lists. Harbaugh effect, baby!

Last edited:
Class of 2018 looks promising in terms of last names for a couple of recent offerees:

Nick Petit-Frere (yes, that translates to "Little Brother")

And, I swear to god, Eddie McDoom
- http://247sports.com/Player/Eddie-McDoom-63308

Edit: McDoom Is class of 2016

Last edited:
Ja'Raymond...who comes up with these names? Good pick up, but man...

This is big!! I think he sticks. Michigan has been the favorite for a long time.

On a side mote we need to unsticky this thread and make a new one for 17

Posts moved. Thread about to be unstickied.

To bad all those NFL people were right about Harbaugh not wanting to recruit lol. This class may be even better than 16.

To bad all those NFL people were right about Harbaugh not wanting to recruit lol. This class may be even better than 16.

Especially if we have an even better year in 2016.

Back