Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Only 25 days until tip-off!
juwan-howard.jpg

Thank the lord we have these guys.

Unfortunately up the street, there's a team that probably can win the whole thing.

Thank the lord we have these guys.

Unfortunately up the street, there's a team that probably can win the whole thing.

Yeah, MSU is loaded. We have tons of potential, but it will most likely be a building process like last season. Walton is going to be really tough to replace.

I'm hoping it's aggressiveness/confidence. I want him to be the alpha, no second guessing. And yeah, I do think it's pretty safe to say that it wasn't the shooting!

Dylan needs a new editor though, Rahk is older than Simmons. It is nice to have such good experience at the guard spots though.

I'm hoping it's aggressiveness/confidence. I want him to be the alpha, no second guessing. And yeah, I do think it's pretty safe to say that it wasn't the shooting!

Dylan needs a new editor though, Rahk is older than Simmons. It is nice to have such good experience at the guard spots though.

We have a nice mix of experience and youth at the guard spots. I'm hoping we see a jump from Ibi this year.

I'm just so ready for basketball to start. My wife knows me too well on this. As we were watching TV last night, and I was barely paying attention, she just commented "you're ready for basketball season aren't you?". She knows when I get the itch and when I start checking out on our shows now.

Yeah, hopefully we see a DJ Wilson like improvement for Ibi, because he looked just about as lost as DJ did early on.

It's still on the backburner for me, but I love hearing little bits here and there.

Yeah, hopefully we see a DJ Wilson like improvement for Ibi, because he looked just about as lost as DJ did early on.

It's still on the backburner for me, but I love hearing little bits here and there.

I think he broke his own confidence early as well. He is supposed to be a solid shooter, but he kept missing open looks from three. Probably shook him a bit. Happens to young players.

Last edited:
The jacked up schedule at the end of the season is bullshit, but god damn, 2017 is loaded with some good hoops.

11/20 - 11/22 - Maui Invitational (LSU, ND/Chaminade, Marquette/VCU/Wichita St/Cal)
11/29 @ UNC
12/2 vs Indiana
12/4 @ OSU
12/9 vs UCLA
12/12 @ Texas

Last edited:
The jacked up schedule at the end of the year is bullshit, but god damn, 2017 is loaded with some good hoops.

11/20 - 11/22 - Maui Invitational (LSU, ND/Chaminade, Marquette/VCU/Wichita St/Cal)
11/29 @ UNC
12/2 vs Indiana
12/4 @ OSU
12/9 vs UCLA
12/12 @ Texas

I hate that the shortest waiting period possible for March Madness is 11 days. The BTT championship is on 3/4/18 and the first round doesn't start until 3/15/18. Most of the tournament teams from the Big 10 will basically be waiting two weeks to play their first March Madness game. Delaney sucks.

Last edited:
I hate that the shortest waiting period possible for March Madness is 11 days. The BTT championship is on 3/4/18 and the first round doesn't start until 3/15/18. That means some tournament teams could be waiting almost two weeks to play a game. Delaney sucks.

I guess to a degree all teams are dealing with a long layoff, but that just seems like such a competitive disadvantage. But at least the execs are gettin paid!

I loathe these conference tournaments. They are redundant to the season. I know that many conferences have had them for decades, but they are another layer of competition that seems contrived to me.

I loathe these conference tournaments. They are redundant to the season. I know that many conferences have had them for decades, but they are another layer of competition that seems contrived to me.

The cater to what the NCAA and conference commissioners love most.
6GJo1.gif

Not that I didn't love Michigan's BTT run last year.

Back