Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 Playoffs - Astros electronic sign stealing - Now Astros fire Luhnow and Hinch

Happy to see the Astros win the AL Pennant over the yanks. No easy task to win the WS over the hot Dodgers, who have lost only one game in the posteason so far. But so had the '06 Tigers, and we all know how that WS turned out...

Justin Verlander has been named ALCS MVP. He gave up one run and struck out 21 batters in 16 innings over two starts in the ALCS.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/1...s-2017-justin-verlander-baseball-hall-of-fame
Justin Verlander is making his case for Major League Baseball?s Hall of Fame.
The former Tigers ace is not quite there yet.
BYBTB

I hope Verlander makes the HOF one day.

One more Cy Young, or even one more no hitter would probably seal the deal for him.

Over the course of the next week, I can't and won't root for Verlander to win a WS ring over the Los Angeles Dodgers wearing any other uniform than that of the Detroit Tigers.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/10/justin_verlander_alcs_mvp.html#incart_river_index
Ex-Tiger Justin Verlander named ALCS MVP as Astros advance to World Series.
Mlive

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...win-al-pennant-verlander-named-mvp/106902488/
Astros headed to World Series, Verlander named MVP.
Detnews

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/259283328/astros-justin-verlander-wins-alcs-mvp/?topicId=27118122
Verlander named ALCS MVP after superb starts. with JV webvideos.
Astros' co-ace has been crucial to club's run to World Series.
MLB.com

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/1...s-world-series-lance-mccullers-charlie-morton
Astros 4 - Yankees 0: Justin Verlander is going back to the World Series.
The Astros downed the Yankees in Game 7 of the ALCS.
BYBTB

https://detroitsportsnation.com/gen...verlander-alcs-mvp-headed-world-series/96994/
Justin Verlander ALCS MVP, headed to the World Series.
DSN

Either Justin Verlander Astros or Curtis Granderson Dodgers will win a World Series ring in 2017.

Last edited:
I hope Verlander makes the HOF one day.

One more Cy Young, or even one more no hitter would probably seal the deal for him.

Over the course of the next week, I can't and won't root for Verlander to win a WS ring over the Los Angeles Dodgers wearing any other uniform than that of the Detroit Tigers.

More pitchers are getting into the HOF with less than high career win numbers,
Smoltz 213, and Pedro 218.
I think when JV gets his 3,000 career Strikeouts and continues to get wins pitching a year or two past this contract giving him 240-250 with his 2 No-Hitters, several low pitched games of 1 or 2 hits allowed, the Cy Young and MVP hardware, and Justin will get in the HOF.

Last edited:
More pitchers are getting into the HOF with less than high career win numbers,
Smoltz 213, and Pedro 218.
I think when JV gets his 3,000 career Strikeouts and continues to get wins pitching a year or two past this contract giving him 240-250 with his 2 No-Hitters, several low pitched games of 1 or 2 hits allowed, the Cy Young and MVP hardware, and Justin will get in the HOF.

Cool.

But if the opponent isn't the Tigers, I still gotta root for my adopted hometown team, the Dodgers.

Cool.

But if the opponent isn't the Tigers, I still gotta root for my adopted hometown team, the Dodgers.

That is totally understandable. I am guessing you have spent at least half of your life in LA.

As for me, the only Boston team I have rooted for are the Celtics.

That is totally understandable. I am guessing you have spent at least half of your life in LA.

As for me, the only Boston team I have rooted for are the Celtics.

Yep.

I grew up in Ann Arbor, graduated from Pioneer, then graduated from Michigan, then moved to LA a few months later.

The 84 Tiger championship season was my last summer in the Detroit area.

Obviously love the Tigers first, last and always, just like you and all the other transplants on the Tiger board.

You can't trust those voting for the Hall. It still makes no sense why Tram isn't in yet Ozzie and his flip get over 90% of the vote. Tram was the better player.

Last edited:
I never really saw Altuve in a game before the 9th inning last night.. He is so small. It's amazing what he has done. I wonder if pitchers have a more difficult time pitching to him with the smaller strike zone.

I never really saw Altuve in a game before the 9th inning last night.. He is so small. It's amazing what he has done. I wonder if pitchers have a more difficult time pitching to him with the smaller strike zone.

Agreed he is fantastic. One of my favorite players to watch in todays game.

So anyways, all of Los Angeles is pretty stoked about the first Dodger World Series in 29 years.

People on the radio are referring to Verlander as "Mr. Upton," and everybody remembers where they were when Gibson hit the walk off home in game run, rated as the most memorable moment in Los Angeles sports history.

So anyways, all of Los Angeles is pretty stoked about the first Dodger World Series in 29 years.

People on the radio are referring to Verlander as "Mr. Upton," and everybody remembers where they were when Gibson hit the walk off home in game run, rated as the most memorable moment in Los Angeles sports history.

With such a rich history as the Dodgers have had from Brooklyn, (with Jackie Robinson and beating the Yankees in game 7 of 1955 with Johnny Podres, first win vs. New York in 6 or 7 Series iirc beginning in 1941), to the years in the 1960's with one of favorite pitchers the great Sandy Koufax, there are alot to choose from.
Maybe the Los Angeles Dodgers fans don't count the franchises years in Brooklyn, or the poll had Dodger fans who are too young to remember Sandy and his blazing fastball and his curve that would drop like it fell off a table.

Back