Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The official 2018 nfl draft thread

mhughes0021

Mock v1.0

Rd 1
Austin Bryant DE Clemson

Rd 2
Maurice Hurst DT Michigan

Rd 3
Malik Jefferson LB Texas

Fix the front 7 of the defense... it will help when Stafford keeps starting first halves out like shit and wr go down double digits.

I know others might say RB but I'm still not sure someone else will help with the poor OLINE. I agree on fixing the front 7.

I know others might say RB but I'm still not sure someone else will help with the poor OLINE. I agree on fixing the front 7.

Rb will not help this team until cooter is gone. His run scene is complete shit.... don't waste your time trying to fix it.

Last edited:
11/18/17: Jefferson has 93 tackles with 10 tackles for a loss and four sacks in 2017. He has played hard for Texas and is having his best season. Jefferson isn't great in pass coverage or at taking on blocks in the run game. He is at his best being a pursuit linebacker when running free.

Sources have said that teams are hearing that Jefferson doesn't have a deep love for football. That is illustrated in him not producing up to his great skill set early on in his collegiate career and in offseason training according to league contacts. Jefferson supposedly was unhappy with his role in the former staff's scheme, but that makes team sources question if Jefferson's work ethic will change when he has coaches going and coming as a pro.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018ILB.php#ixzz4zKBP9Ce9

Pass don't want another Tomlinson that doesn't really care about football plus he can't really cover....

Last edited:
Dline, new center or guard(moving Glasgow to center), lb, rb.

11/18/17: Jefferson has 93 tackles with 10 tackles for a loss and four sacks in 2017. He has played hard for Texas and is having his best season. Jefferson isn't great in pass coverage or at taking on blocks in the run game. He is at his best being a pursuit linebacker when running free.

Sources have said that teams are hearing that Jefferson doesn't have a deep love for football. That is illustrated in him not producing up to his great skill set early on in his collegiate career and in offseason training according to league contacts. Jefferson supposedly was unhappy with his role in the former staff's scheme, but that makes team sources question if Jefferson's work ethic will change when he has coaches going and coming as a pro.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018ILB.php#ixzz4zKBP9Ce9

Pass don't want another Tomlinson that doesn't really care about football plus he can't really cover....

Worrilow.... that's all he had to be better than. So basically a heartbeat and a jock strap and you're good to go.

Draft nothing but

Offense line.
Defense Line.
Linebackers.
1 running back.

Lions could have got a haul in players and picks for Suh, Johnson, and Fairley , had they been traded. Most players, except K and QB do not last very long in the NFL. Strike whie their ovens are stil hot 3-4 years in. Ansah for example, he has likely passed his "sell by" date, and is oft-injured.

Lions could have got a haul in players and picks for Suh, Johnson, and Fairley , had they been traded. Most players, except K and QB do not last very long in the NFL. Strike whie their ovens are stil hot 3-4 years in. Ansah for example, he has likely passed his "sell by" date, and is oft-injured.

That's not how business is usually done. Trade your dtuds away for picks or players? Give your head a shake, man...

If we draft a rb, this is the guy I want. 5'11, 225 lb, speedy, runs downhill

https://youtu.be/i3IEEFb7seo

I agree with you 100%. Here's my problem with that, unless we change coaching staffs and philosophies, we're still going to run slow developing counters and off tackle plays with an offense of line that has trouble sustaining blocks. Our running game is a disaster in design as well as execution.

That's not how business is usually done. Trade your dtuds away for picks or players? Give your head a shake, man...

Correct, and that is why there is only one ballclub in the NFL who has most often done so, and that has resulted in them being the only consistently successful franchise in the NFL over the past 15 years.

I agree with you 100%. Here's my problem with that, unless we change coaching staffs and philosophies, we're still going to run slow developing counters and off tackle plays with an offense of line that has trouble sustaining blocks. Our running game is a disaster in design as well as execution.

Watching other teams run is like night and day, especially the way blocks are set up, to the point where it looks like the Lions really have no clue what they're doing (or maybe they're just severely lacking in talent). I see way too many runs to the outside with a numbers disadvantage and little to no blocking...I just don't understand the goal of these plays.

I've already got it in my head that Cooter is gone after the season. Run game fixed

Watching other teams run is like night and day, especially the way blocks are set up, to the point where it looks like the Lions really have no clue what they're doing (or maybe they're just severely lacking in talent). I see way too many runs to the outside with a numbers disadvantage and little to no blocking...I just don't understand the goal of these plays.

I always see these cool trap blocks from other teams that spring big plays. let the dt go... trap him with a pulling guard...rb cuts inside of the block and boom easy 5 yards minimum. Can't say ive ever seen us do anything like that.

Nvm... changing my 3rd rd pick to Mike Hughes, ucf cb. Go check out his game winning 95 yd ko return for the win. Also had an int.

Even if we did still draft Davis in the 1st, I wish we would have picked Zach Cunningham in the 2nd. Dudes a monster.... Elite Stat: Cunningham averages 0.63 yards allowed per coverage snap which is second-lowest among all inside linebackers.... Hopefully we can just find a LB who can actually cover someone sooner rather than later... Although hopefully Davis can develop his pass coverage... We shall see...

Last edited:
Prior to free agency and re-signs tough to do mocks. Ansah, Swanson, Whitehead, Tavon Wilson, Nevin Lawson back or gone changes things if they leave or removes a starting need. But we have Killebrew for Wilson and Tabor for Lawson and Glasgow for Swanson but then need a left guard (or Joe Dahl to step up).

Some good Dline and RB options (Bell and Hyde) in free agency and SS too (Burnett, Vaccaro, TJ Ward, Eric Reid). CB you got Trumaine Johnson, Malcom Butler, old Brent Grimes, old Jonathan Joseph, Morris Claiborne, Maxwell and Verner too previous FA busts, Bashaud Breeland, EJ Gaines, Lawson/Hayden

DT and DE talent is needed even if Ansah returns. Ngata and Hyder had major injuries and are free agents too though Hyder is restricted. DE is pretty light and I don't think Dallas will not franchise Demarcus Lawrence.

That makes Ansah best DE option by far in FA.

DT if you don't resign Ngata due to injury, you got Poe, Star Lotuleilei, old Kyle Williams, Sheldon Richardson as free agents

Wouldn't mind using a 2nd or 3rd on a swing offensive tackle with some talent to help with injuries but Dline twice in Rounds 1-3 is probable, again depending on FA.

Last edited:
Back