Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

College Hoops Random News Thread

Dakich never played this good in a Michigan uniform.. I guess jb never knew what he had lol !!!

Last edited:
MSU getting their asses beat. They're so lucky that they don't come to AA.

I think Michigan would have a very good chance of beating them in AA.

Purdue might.

Maybe. I don't see it just yet. Would have to take one of our hot shooting nights from 3 to get it done, and those are not reliable. MSU is far and away the most talented team in the conference, and the only way they don't win the Big Ten is if they choke in my opinion.

Minnesota suddenly suspended center Reggie Lynch a few days ago because he was ruled "responsible" for a sexual assault by Minnesota's Title IX office. He is banned from Minnesota's campus until 2020, pending a potential appeal.

That happened Jan 5th and of course Lynch is already back practicing with the team. Simply because he appealed.

Lynch is appealing his suspension (and thus all penalties including the the ban from campus have not taken effect) and last Friday the school's athletic director said that Lynch would come back to practice and be with the team but not play.

Last edited:
That Ivan Drago guy from Purdue kicked our ass last year. The dude is brute and scores at will. Hopefully he has a really bad game in AA.

Side note, if pro basketball doesn't work out for him, he needs to get into wrestling. Put on another 40 pounds and be another Sid Vicious.

Haas struggled big time in the game in Ann Arbor last year. 4-10 from the floor with only 8 points. Got benched because he couldn't guard Moe. Moe put up 24.

In the B1G tourney he put up 17 on 8-10 shooting. Great game, but that was mostly because Moe got in foul trouble and we had to use Donnal and Wilson to guard him. Wilson still lit him up on the other end with 26 points.

I'm more concerned about Haarms ability to guard and shut down Moe.

Well hopefully Ohio st will cool down .. Again I saw Dakich on the btn step into a a three in a fluid motion and drain a three in their blowout win verses Maryland he had 11 points and 4 assists. Wtf :/

Last edited:
Well hopefully Ohio st will cool down .. Again I saw Dakich on the btn step into a a three in a fluid motion and drain a three in their blowout win verses Maryland he had 11 points and 4 assists. Wtf :/

85% of the time he was on the floor for us he looked like a turnover waiting to happen.

You boys ready for the big sports matchup Saturday?

I coincidentally got out of having to go to a kiddie bday party at 11 AM central, so I can in theory watch the whole thing.

and I'm more or less over the horrible cold or possibly flu I had all week, so I can even drink and watch.

You boys ready for the big sports matchup Saturday?

I coincidentally got out of having to go to a kiddie bday party at 11 AM central, so I can in theory watch the whole thing.

and I'm more or less over the horrible cold or possibly flu I had all week, so I can even drink and watch.

Hell yeah! Go team! Score a goal basket unit! Woo!

I'm going to play it a little differently likely. I am expecting a bloodletting, so I'll pay attention on sports cast, and do some bandwagon viewing if it's close with 10 or so left.

I'm going to play it a little differently likely. I am expecting a bloodletting, so I'll pay attention on sports cast, and do some bandwagon viewing if it's close with 10 or so left.

Weak sauce, dubbs!

I'm just hoping the shitty IN weather doesn't ruin my plans for tomorrow. Supposed to be hitting an awesome pizza place and bar for the game with friends. The ice and snow we are getting may not let that work out.

Last edited:
Weak sauce, dubbs!

I'm just hoping the shitty IN weather doesn't ruin my plans for tomorrow. Supposed to be hitting an awesome pizza place and bar for the game with friends. The ice and snow we are getting may not let that work out.

Yeah I know. I'm still wounded from the Purdue game.

Back