Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Head Coach Search Matt Patricia

I wonder if Patricia or Vrabel will call defensive plays also

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018...tricia-cold-feet-detroit-lions-head-coach-job

Rumor: only cold feet could prevent Patricia from going to the Lions

Not gonna bother with this one, read it for yourself if you want. Feel like I?m posting tabloid-level crap at this point.

If I was Patricia I'd pick NYG as well.. Not that he has but it has some positives. No QB but better history, No. 2 pick, from NY, Family in NY - Wife from NY. At this time who has a better chance to win playoff games and a title.. One team has done it, one tem hasn't.

Lions have a better chance to win playoff games than the lowly giants

If I was Patricia I'd pick NYG as well.. Not that he has but it has some positives. No QB but better history, No. 2 pick, from NY, Family in NY - Wife from NY. At this time who has a better chance to win playoff games and a title.. One team has done it, one tem hasn't.

What the Giants have done in previous years has little to no bearing on whether they will win playoff games next year. The Lions have a better chance then the Giants do, IMO.

What the Giants have done in previous years has little to no bearing on whether they will win playoff games next year. The Lions have a better chance then the Giants do, IMO.

Based on the last 60 years they have a better chance. Why is it any different next year than the previous years? Weather it be next season or the year after etc.. if I was a betting man, I'd go with the NYG. It's hard for me to fathom Detroit will finally get it right.

GM after GM, HC after HC - something is preventing Detroit from winning a playoff game. Maybe the ghost of Christmas past.

Eli won't be around much longer, Patricia's fate would rest entirely on a rookie QB (not to mention that locker room is a mess right now). I suppose that risk is up to him, but it's a quick way to derail somebody's coaching dreams.

Of course I'm a bit biased, but I'd rather take the established QB. I also think franchise history is overrated, it's all about the here and now. Besides, whoever manages to turn the Lions into a contender will become an instant legend in this town.

Eli won't be around much longer, Patricia's fate would rest entirely on a rookie QB (not to mention that locker room is a mess right now). I suppose that risk is up to him, but it's a quick way to derail somebody's coaching dreams.

Of course I'm a bit biased, but I'd rather take the established QB. I also think franchise history is overrated, it's all about the here and now. Besides, whoever manages to turn the Lions into a contender will become an instant legend in this town.

I hope you're right but I thought the next guy was the right guy, and the team would turn it around, for many years now. I admit, I'm losing hope.

Detroit locals who listen to 97.1 the Ticket probably know that Valenti has TJ Lang on during the season to talk football. On one of his recent shows, after a bit of ribbing by Sully about his/the teams performance, Lang mentioned something to the effect of getting penalized a lot more playing with the Lions than he ever did all his years with GB.

Doing a google search found an MILive article from early in the season(Sep. 29 2017) which pretty much corroborates what his said on the radio show after just a few games.

If you're interested, here's the article... (make sure you read the comments also...)

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/09/tj_lang_has_had_a_harder_time.html

Now I haven't looked at his final stats(penalty wise)for the season, still...found it interesting he would mention it...however(like many in the comment section)I would not be surprised if that were the case.

So...do you guys think this organization has a lot more to overcome than just player/coach issues?

Detroit locals who listen to 97.1 the Ticket probably know that Valenti has TJ Lang on during the season to talk football. On one of his recent shows, after a bit of ribbing by Sully about his/the teams performance, Lang mentioned something to the effect of getting penalized a lot more playing with the Lions than he ever did all his years with GB.

Doing a google search found an MILive article from early in the season(Sep. 29 2017) which pretty much corroborates what his said on the radio show after just a few games.

If you're interested, here's the article... (make sure you read the comments also...)

Now I haven't looked at his final stats(penalty wise)for the season, still...found it interesting he would mention it...however(like many in the comment section)I would not be surprised if that were the case.

So...do you guys think this organization has a lot more to overcome than just player/coach issues?

I believe it was posted earlier during the season. As far as the question, probably a little. If anyone is old enough to remember the phantom foul on Jabbar in game 6 of the NBA finals.. Star players/teams generally get the call.

Ya there's allot more to overcome... he's playing next to samsonite now which means he needs to hold more.

Sounds more and more like Patricia to the giants. Lol dude picks a 3 win team with no qb over Stafford and the lions.

Sounds more and more like Patricia to the giants. Lol dude picks a 3 win team with no qb over Stafford and the lions.

Could be leveraging a better deal with Detroit.....who knows. Can't blame the guy for wanting to coach his "hometown" team.

Hopefully, he's not holding Quinn and Detroit hostage.....he doesn't SEEM like that type of guy. If he's truly made his choice I would suspect the "losing" team continue interviewing candidates.

Could be leveraging a better deal with Detroit.....who knows. Can't blame the guy for wanting to coach his "hometown" team.

Hopefully, he's not holding Quinn and Detroit hostage.....he doesn't SEEM like that type of guy. If he's truly made his choice I would suspect the "losing" team continue interviewing candidates.

Which they can't cause most of them are still in the playoffs.

Sounds more and more like the Lions actually. The situation is much better if Patricia comes here anyways...

Ian Rappaport is calling Patricia to the Lions right now on NFLN. Also says that NYG are still in the mix though.

Which they can't cause most of them are still in the playoffs.

Nobody should be able to interview or hire potential coaches until the playoffs are over. That, or just let teams sign coaches and announce the deal.

The way they have it set up now is the absolute dumbest way they could possibly do it.

Back