Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Head Coach Search Matt Patricia

Sooooooooooooooo........51%/49%???

Lol......very Belicheck like.

Lol. I know. He was just saying that he thinks Patricia's choice is the Lions. Patricia is supposed to be this genius, right? Well, if he ?s, he should know the situation "right now" is better in Detroit. NY is an absolute trainwreck at the moment. The family aspect of the whole deal of him and family from NY could trump the chances of him coming here though. So annoying..lol

Lol. I know. He was just saying that he thinks Patricia's choice is the Lions. Patricia is supposed to be this genius, right? Well, if he ?s, he should know the situation "right now" is better in Detroit. NY is an absolute trainwreck at the moment. The family aspect of the whole deal of him and family from NY could trump the chances of him coming here though. So annoying..lol

I agree. But, people forget these guys are people too. They grew up with favorite teams.....they have hometowns and home states.....they have families that have preferences......all that.

If it weren't the Giants and he chose another team.....maybe I could see that as a slap in the face......but I won't lose sleep over him picking NYG.

I still hope he chooses us, though.

And no matter how you slice it.... our ownership is still a joke and one of the worst in the league.

Vrabel, Patricia, Shumur, Wilks are all good candidates. Nobody fucking knows who is the best head coach since none of them have been one. Plus new oline coach and dc for sure. We will see if any of them call their own plays like Zimmer does for Vikings

Vrabel, Patricia, Shumur, Wilks are all good candidates. Nobody fucking knows who is the best head coach since none of them have been one. Plus new oline coach and dc for sure. We will see if any of them call their own plays like Zimmer does for Vikings
Shurmer was a head coach before. Granted, it was with the Browns, but he was the coach. More proof that you talk out of your ass more often than not.

As expected, we'll be waiting another week at least to find out about Patricia.

Shurmer was a head coach before. Granted, it was with the Browns, but he was the coach. More proof that you talk out of your ass more often than not.

Lol i know more than you ever will about football

Shumur failed with browns. Still hard to judge since browns so terrible talent wise

No mention of Cooter's status yet, that should be the next big question mark.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2018/01/detroit_lions_likely_will_hire.html#incart_river_index
Detroit Lions likely will hire Matt Patricia as their head coach.
Mlive

https://detroitsportsnation.com/det...ly-named-lions-coach-per-espn/01-2018/101190/
Matt Patricia ?likely? to be named Lions coach per ESPN.
DSN

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tricia-expected-next-head-coach-detroit-lions
Patriots DC Matt Patricia expected to be next Lions head coach.
espn

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018...y-to-become-the-next-detroit-lions-head-coach
Schefter: Matt Patricia is likely to become the next Detroit Lions head coach.
This is the first big break in the story.
POD

Dave Birkett tweet when asked about Cooter - "That?s always been and remains the most likely scenario"

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/952545651103092736

Don't like it. I hate this shit that the Lions pull with new hires. Quinn was basically handcuffed to Caldwell, and now he's handcuffed to Cooter because the QB wants him around.

Enough of this half-assed shit. Let your guy pick his GD staff.

Don't like it. I hate this shit that the Lions pull with new hires. Quinn was basically handcuffed to Caldwell, and now he's handcuffed to Cooter because the QB wants him around.

Enough of this half-assed shit. Let your guy pick his GD staff.

Do you have ANY evidence of this?? You create the narrative that the Lions are forcing Patricia's hand and then act as if its fact. It's not.

IMO....Quinn wasn't tied to Caldwell. He assessed the situation and saw no better options out there so he chose continuity over cleaning house. I think Patricia was his choice from day 1.

There is NO WAY Patricia would take a job being forced to keep an OC he doesn't want.....not when he basically had his choice of teams. If he keeps JBC it's because he wants him....not anything Quinn or the Fords forced on him.

While I wouldn't be thrilled with them retaining Cooter, I would like to see what he can do without Caldwell.

72 tds to 22 ints with cooter

Anyone who wants to get rid of cooter is an idiot

Back