Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Corporations may get permanent Tax cuts

you go to more than one christmas party? i only go to the mandatory one for my office. It's always awful, and I try to leave asap.

I like how a bill that allows all Americans to keep more of their own money is called a wealth transfer. you guys can be so creative in your spin.

Income taxes are redistributed to each state unequally, and historically more to red tax-recipient states. and less to purple and blue donor states, this despite the funds being backed by nothing but red debt vapor.

Unlike many, if not most conservatives, it never bothered me that a portion of my state and federal taxes paid over the past 40+ years was for government programs supporting the poor, disabled, and elderly in Murka, not to mention my FICA contributions paying for those on SS, SSD, Medicare, and Medicaid. I did however, resent the size of the portion spent on the MIC and defense, and believe that the annual budget has been/is too much by at least twice what it should have been and is. I would much rather the excess had been/is being spent on the arts, sciences, education, and infrastructure.

The permanent corporate tax-cuts won't result in creating jobs and/or raising wages and salaries of those who they employ, other than upper management. Only consumer/business demand does so. More likely it will be increasingly spent on AI, robotics, and automation. which are job/career killers, not creators.

Over the past 35 years, many states have resorted to "stealing" each others businesses by offering incentives and abatements, such as here in MI, when Hollywood filmmakers took advantage of incentives to make movies here for several years, until they ended recently. But as vividly demonstrated in Brownback's Kansas, deep state tax-cuts in undesireable rural locations can epic fail.

Last edited:
you can't leave if you don't go.

As my wife has moved up her professional ladder it becomes more and more expected of not only her to make an appearance but myself as well. Being arm candy is not as fun as it sounds.

And now Apple announces multi-billion dollar repatriation, a large tax payment on foreign profits and investment in the US which will result in 20,000 new jobs - because in large part of the REPUBLICAN tax reform bill. What do we hear from the leftists on this board? Crickets.

Well, not crickets, just crickets on this matter. I guess they're too busy bloviating over the made up non-issue du jour to admit they were wrong.

And now Apple announces multi-billion dollar repatriation, a large tax payment on foreign profits and investment in the US which will result in 20,000 new jobs - because in large part of the REPUBLICAN tax reform bill. What do we hear from the leftists on this board? Crickets.

Well, not crickets, just crickets on this matter. I guess they're too busy bloviating over the made up non-issue du jour to admit they were wrong.

LMAO !!! I guess the economy was going pretty good under Obama if they hid that much money!!
it just proves these companies were making massive amounts of money under Obama which you conveniently want to forget, and of course some of the ultra-wealthy companies are going to do the right thing with this massive tax break.
So how are we going to pay for roads and schools, and healthcare. Yup zap it from the poor and middle-class LOL.. We know !!! The GOP game plan !!!! Gotta cut those entitlements !!!!

So where are the massive rises for everyone and the great healthcare from this? Is this going to trickle down I cant waiT!!!

and meanwhile Walmart after announcing precious time off for maternity leave for women and men for ONLY full-time employees and finally well earned bonuses announces it will close 63 Sam club stores effecting over 9500 workers Sorry no warning store is closing.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/11/news/companies/sams-club-store-closing/index.html

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/travel/other/sams-club-is-closing-63-stores/vi-AAuzIjo?refvid=AAu2fRc

Last edited:
LMAO !!! I guess the economy was going pretty good under Obama if they hid that much money!!
it just proves these companies were making massive amounts of money under Obama which you conveniently want to forget, and of course some of the ultra-wealthy companies are going to do the right thing with this massive tax break.
So how are we going to pay for roads and schools, and healthcare. Yup zap it from the poor and middle-class LOL.. We know !!! The GOP game plan !!!! Gotta cut those entitlements !!!!

So where are the massive rises for everyone and the great healthcare from this? Is this going to trickle down I cant waiT!!!

and meanwhile Walmart after announcing precious time off for maternity leave for women and men for ONLY full-time employees and finally well earned bonuses announces it will close 63 Sam club stores effecting over 9500 workers Sorry no warning store is closing.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/11/news/companies/sams-club-store-closing/index.html

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/travel/other/sams-club-is-closing-63-stores/vi-AAuzIjo?refvid=AAu2fRc

I forgot Obama invented the iPhone. Sorry about that. Don't forget the wage hikes at Walmart and news flash, most benefits all virtually all companies only accrue to full time employees but thanks for drawing attention to another nonissue.

And in case you're not paying attention or are particularly dim, the last two posts are evidence of what you call "trickle down" economics. You can deny facts all you want, that doesn't make you not wrong - again.

I forgot Obama invented the iPhone. Sorry about that. Don't forget the wage hikes at Walmart and news flash, most benefits all virtually all companies only accrue to full time employees but thanks for drawing attention to another

And in case you're not paying attention or are particularly dim, the last two posts are evidence of what you call "trickle down" economics. You can deny facts all you want, that doesn't make you not wrong - again.

So my 9500 layoffs are wrong ?
What those 10 to 50 cent rises !!!!lol. Sorry I mentioned everything but those.
Holy molly 2 more loafs of bread and more literature on how I can get food stamps . You know the Walmart playbook for the poor hourly workers..

Glad you are admitting what a great job Obama did for America. Lol ..Only dim one is you ..Yup Hack History 101 !!!! ALL of these companies made their zillions before Obama was Office ..
Lmao and notice the sarcasm if you are not to dumb to do so.. Imagine how good America would be if Obama wasn't stopped at every turn by the Gop.. holy crap what a thought .. Maybe healthcare for everyone !!! Clean water and air !!! IMAGINE THAT !!! Naw we don't want the slaves healthy !!!

Last edited:
So my 9500 layoffs are wrong ?
What those 10 to 50 cent rises !!!!lol. Sorry I mentioned everything but those.
Holy molly 2 more loafs of bread and more literature on how I can get food stamps . You know the Walmart playbook for the poor hourly workers..

Glad you are admitting what a great job Obama did for America. Lol ..Only dim one is you ..Yup Hack History 101 !!!! ALL of these companies made their zillions before Obama was Office ..
Lmao and notice the sarcasm if you are not to dumb to do so.. Imagine how good America would be if Obama wasn't stopped at every turn by the Gop.. holy crap what a thought .. Maybe healthcare for everyone !!! Clean water and air !!! IMAGINE THAT !!! Naw we don't want the slaves healthy !!!

ok, but who said these companies didn't make money until Trump came along. isn't the point about the repatriated $ that it had been parked overseas for years if not decades because of a moronic tax code? it is, so this is just another one of your ill-informed rants.

and so Walmart is laying off 9500 people at Sam's club over how many years? apple is adding 20,000 jobs here in the US - that's a net gain of over 10,000. and 10,000 HIGH paying jobs. that along with the billions of dollars in domestic investment, increased wages and bonuses other companies have announced will make that net gain much larger across the entire income spectrum.

the idea that Obama's agenda would have made this country so much better is laughable - let me ask you this, when your household is experiencing tough financial times, do you increase spending in an attempt to make yourself less poor? no, of course you don't. Your answer is to vote for Democrats to tax and spend our way to prosperity. That is patently ridiculous. Even you are probably smart enough to actually cut spending at some point after your debt exceeds your income.

Last edited:
ok, but who said he's companies didn't amke money until Trump came along. isn't the point about the repatriated $ that it had been parked overseas for years if not decades because of a moronic tax code? it is, so this is just another one of your ill-informed rants.

and so Walmart is laying off 9500 people at Sam's club over how many years? apple is adding 20,000 jobs here in the US - that's a net gain of over 10,000. and 10,000 HIGH paying jobs. that along with the billions of dollars in domestic investment, increased wages and bonuses other companies have announced will make that net gain much larger across the entire income spectrum.

hi idea that Obama's agenda would have made this country so much better is laughable - let me ask you this, when yiur household is experiencing tough financial times, do you increase spending in an attempt to make yourself less poor? no, of course you don't. You answer is to vote for Democrats which is also wrong but you're probably smart enough to actually cut spending.

many left-leaning people don't just cut spending...they bitch because guys like Spartanmack have too much money and they should help pay the bills

ok, but who said he's companies didn't amke money until Trump came along. isn't the point about the repatriated $ that it had been parked overseas for years if not decades because of a moronic tax code? it is, so this is just another one of your ill-informed rants.

hi idea that Obama's agenda would have made this country so much better is laughable - let me ask you this, when yiur household is experiencing tough financial times, do you increase spending in an attempt to make yourself less poor? no, of course you don't. You answer is to vote for Democrats which is also wrong but you're probably smart enough to actually cut spending.

The 0bama social justice agenda would have continued had Hillary been crowned. In that case, Dow would be at 15,000 and she would be bedridden with some undisclosed auto-immune disorder. Sad thing is that so many here and elsewhere would seemingly prefer that.

I get that wide swaths of the population despise Trump. What I don't get is the blind spot they have when it comes to the fact that his policies are working on behalf of the American people. Will the detractors ever get it? I doubt it. They are too invested in the hate to admit they are wrong.

Last edited:

"pathetic crumbs," according to Mrs. Pelosi. How any adult can take her seriously is beyond me.

The 0bama social justice agenda would have continued had Hillary been crowned. In that case, Dow would be at 15,000 and she would be bedridden with some undisclosed auto-immune disorder. Sad thing is that so many here and elsewhere would seemingly prefer that.

I get that wide swaths of the population despise Trump. What I don't get is the blind spot they have when it comes to the fact that his policies are working on behalf of the American people. Will the detractors ever get it? I doubt it. They are too invested in the hate to admit they are wrong.

Dow was at way over 19,000 when Obama left office and he was hamstrung at every turn by republicans but let's conveniently leave that out.

Last edited:

Social justice agenda ... Something Trump has no clue about running in his billionaire circles . Don't they call him the guy who stiffs contractors?

Same hate the Gop lapped upon Obama including Trump . Same Gop with Fix news that blasted their hate so all the rural masses would hear .Well it worked getting Trump elected ..Right wing Hate won the day over.

Last edited:

You're giving alll of the credit to Republicans for Apple's adding 20K jobs?

That was a result of increased consumer demand over the past several years, and isn't indicative of what other unrelated large companies will or won't do in the event that increased demand for their products and/or services does or doesn't occur.

A bit too premature to assume that billions profits stashed overseas will be moved to the US. Much less what they will or won't be used for.

Same hate the Gop lapped upon Obama including Trump . Same Gop with Fix news that blasted their hate so all the rural masses would hear .Well it worked getting Trump elected ..Right wing Hate won the day over.

Like I said, Bob, I get the hate. It goes both ways and you are included in the wide swath I referred to. But as I also said, and what I don't get, is the blind spot. When are you going to admit the policies are working and good for the American people? What would it take for that to happen?

Back