Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU pres. Resigns

In Smack's and Sbee's world, we are all just robots. If no conviction, an event did not happen.

In the real world, we get to all make up our own minds. We know that there are a lot of people out there that get away with crimes, so we know that just because there is no conviction, there are things that have happened.

Even Sbee says something besides littering likely happened, yet Izzo did absolutely nothing. Do you seriously think that Izzo couldn't come up with the same conclusion that sbee did? Of course, he can and probably did, but Walton was like a son to him, so he protected him. He didn't protect him by intervening with the city attorney. No, I don't believe that. The city attorney probably was worried about getting a conviction, because there were 2 people that said this thing did not happen, even though there were others that said it did AND he didn't want to be the city attorney that charged Walton. Can you imagine having to be that guy and live the rest of your life being that guy? Not getting a conviction would have been a major mark against this guy for the rest of his career and the rest of his life. Charging Walton would have made this situation very high profile. Perhaps, he could just whittle it down to littering and hope it goes away forever.

How would it have looked if Izzo had cut his seemingly meaningless student assistant at even the hint of an assault situation? That would've been like a conviction. Walton, who was like a son to Izzo, would've had to carry that around the rest of his life. He likely would never get any sniff of playing or coaching ever again.

Of course, you aren't ever going to be convinced, so I'm not even doing trying to do that. Where an MSU player/coach is involved, you think "no conviction, no event." Where a Michigan player/coach is involved, you think, "HE DID IT AND ITS MUCH WORSE THAN ANYONE CAN IMAGINE!!!!!!!!!"

I'm just hoping to make sure that Vic is informed of all of this, before he sits down with poor ol' Tom. I mean, Tom has his best team ever. Miles Bridges said he's coming back to win a championship. Tom shouldn't have to deal with all of this non-basketball stuff. Life just isn't fair for ol' Tom.

Last edited:
Oh wait! We don't know that Izzo did nothing. He likely told his "son," Walton, to go to his room and took his Xbox for a week...

In Smack's and Sbee's world, we are all just robots. If no conviction, an event did not happen.

In the real world, we get to all make up our own minds. We know that there are a lot of people out there that get away with crimes, so we know that just because there is no conviction, there are things that have happened.

Even Sbee says something besides littering likely happened, yet Izzo did absolutely nothing. Do you seriously think that Izzo couldn't come up with the same conclusion that sbee did? Of course, he can and probably did, but Walton was like a son to him, so he protected him. He didn't protect him by intervening with the city attorney. No, I don't believe that. The city attorney probably was worried about getting a conviction, because there were 2 people that said this thing did not happen, even though there were others that said it did AND he didn't want to be the city attorney that charged Walton. Can you imagine having to be that guy and live the rest of your life being that guy? Not getting a conviction would have been a major mark against this guy for the rest of his career and the rest of his life. Charging Walton would have made this situation very high profile. Perhaps, he could just whittle it down to littering and hope it goes away forever.

How would it have looked if Izzo had cut his seemingly meaningless student assistant at even the hint of an assault situation? That would've been like a conviction. Walton, who was like a son to Izzo, would've had to carry that around the rest of his life. He likely would never get any sniff of playing or coaching ever again.

Of course, you aren't ever going to be convinced, so I'm not even doing trying to do that. Where an MSU player/coach is involved, you think "no conviction, no event." Where a Michigan player/coach is involved, you think, "HE DID IT AND ITS MUCH WORSE THAN ANYONE CAN IMAGINE!!!!!!!!!"

I'm just hoping to make sure that Vic is informed of all of this, before he sits down with poor ol' Tom. I mean, Tom has his best team ever. Miles Bridges said he's coming back to win a championship. Tom shouldn't have to deal with all of this non-basketball stuff. Life just isn't fair for ol' Tom.

Where is your evidence that he protected him? How do you know what, beyond littering happened? Are you so certain that he punched her? Is it not possible that he shoved her or deflected her assault on him, she falls and is injured in the fall? I'm open to the possibility that he hit her - it's you who needs to believe only the worst is possible. The truth is, I don't know what happened and neither do you. Again, there are conflicting eyewitness reports and if I'm not mistaken, those that support Walton aren't from his friends.

And this whole "I don't want to be the guy who charged Travis Walton and didn't get a conviction" thing is WAY overblown - it's ridiculous, actually. Nobody would remember Walton or the prosecutor at this point even if it went to trial - conviction or not. If Izzo didn't and doesn't interfere with law enforcement, then what are they afraid of? Is there "the invisible hand of Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio" that prosecutors simply are too scared to press charges against athletes? The two sexual assault cases involving the football team seem to indicate what nonsense that is. The idea that East Lansing is this place where athletes get away with assault because the athletic department and coaches run the town is laughably stupid.

I'm not convinced because you're not presenting a convincing argument. It's possible it went down that way, but it's not obvious and your prison guard intuition is pretty meaningless - you're no more qualified to make a determination based off of what we know than anyone else is. I've never said anything remotely like "no conviction, no event." I've said all along, there clearly was an event. You're the one who is so certain of what happened, even though you really have no idea.

Yep, not really a fan of hers, but she came out Jan 30th and said some things. For that, she received death threats from the MSU faithful. Spartan fans twitted about how she isn't a Spartan anymore, because of her words and that was probably the nicest thing they said. They cussed her out, called her fat and ugly, and sent the death threats that I already mentioned.

This is what I was talking about. You don't go to war with MSU basketball or there will be consequences. It's just a good thing she doesn't live near E Lansing and have a family that goes to school near there.

http://theundefeated.com/features/m...h-tom-izzo-stop-deflecting-and-start-talking/

Yep, 3 weeks ago MSU fans loved her, now they hate her. Don't go against Izzo!

She was just in the news for her Kobe Bryant interview on the ESPN web blog The Undefeated, in a segment titled Dear Black Athlete, a portion of which must have been aired on ESPN, within which Bryant...fuck it, rather than paraphrase, here's the interview...she asks him a question to which he responds about Colin Kapernik @ about 3:25...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3qrnCLDzCA

Now...because this is Kobe Bryant talking about something controversial and political...it's news.

I woke up uncharacteristically early this morning, and on the radio station that was talking about Bryant's comments, it was being reported that she had been fired from ESPN - which is absolutely not true.

She was re-assigned to Undefeated, which is pretty much a web blog...but when you get an interview with Kobe Bryant, and you're ESPN, you're gonna show it on world wide TV.

So I called the radio station - KABC 790, Los Angeles - and relayed the facts - she wasn't fired - she was re-assigned within ESPN - anyway, the anchor retracted that she had been fired after my call.

Last edited:
Do I really want to listen to that interview? LOL
Can you just summarize for me?

I already did. I posted "start at about 3:25." Within two minutes he says everything that's making news about what he said about Collin Kaepernick.

Well that was tough to watch. I had to stop it when he said that he liked what Collin was "standing" for...didn't really get what it had to do with Izzo. Oh well

today the MSU faculty voted 61-4 for a vote of no confidence in the MSU Board of Trustees

It really doesn't mean anything, but I guess it's news.

Last edited:

I don't know a single person that liked her 3 weeks, a year, 2 years ago. Jemele Hill has always been widely regarded as a moron among the MSU fans and alum I know. I bet even you disliked her as well, until 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:
She was just in the news for her Kobe Bryant interview on the ESPN web blog The Undefeated, in a segment titled Dear Black Athlete, a portion of which must have been aired on ESPN, within which Bryant...fuck it, rather than paraphrase, here's the interview...she asks him a question to which he responds about Colin Kapernik @ about 3:25...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3qrnCLDzCA

Now...because this is Kobe Bryant talking about something controversial and political...it's news.

I woke up uncharacteristically early this morning, and on the radio station that was talking about Bryant's comments, it was being reported that she had been fired from ESPN - which is absolutely not true.

She was re-assigned to Undefeated, which is pretty much a web blog...but when you get an interview with Kobe Bryant, and you're ESPN, you're gonna show it on world wide TV.

So I called the radio station - KABC 790, Los Angeles - and relayed the facts - she wasn't fired - she was re-assigned within ESPN - anyway, the anchor retracted that she had been fired after my call.

strange that she didn't ask him about the woman he anally raped in a Colorado hotel then paid her off to avoid criminal penalties. But I guess now she's woke on women's issues - was this interview more than 3 weeks ago?

I don't know a single person that liked her 3 weeks, a year, 2 years ago. Jemele Hill has always been widely regarded as a moron among the MSU fans and alum I know. I bet even you disliked her as well, until 3 weeks ago.

I?m sure you?ll get the ?not people here, but MSU fans that I know?. He?s just an obsessed douche

A (self-loathing) Sparty also wrote this

and this

and this

Oh wait! We don't know that Izzo did nothing. He likely told his "son," Walton, to go to his room and took his Xbox for a week...

and this

Yep, not really a fan of hers, but she came out Jan 30th and said some things. For that, she received death threats from the MSU faithful. Spartan fans twitted about how she isn't a Spartan anymore, because of her words and that was probably the nicest thing they said. They cussed her out, called her fat and ugly, and sent the death threats that I already mentioned.

This is what I was talking about. You don't go to war with MSU basketball or there will be consequences. It's just a good thing she doesn't live near E Lansing and have a family that goes to school near there.

http://theundefeated.com/features/m...h-tom-izzo-stop-deflecting-and-start-talking/

and this

It's nearly impossible to tell which of them says dumber stuff, yet some people actually take them seriously.

Last edited:
You claimed she got a concussion without any facial bruising. The accuser claims otherwise.

Sbee claims that her injuries are consistent with someone being pushed down

Are you guys medical experts?

I don't know how I missed this post but, no, I didn't claim that at all. Never said anything like that. I said she didn't have a broken nose, or a black eye or her face caved in - which would likely indicate that she got punched in the face by a man. Her injuries were consistent with her admissions (and eyewitnesses) that she fell off her barstool - it's not clear from her injuries that she was struck. The fact that she had bruising and scratches doesn't prove either him or her right or wrong.

Last edited:
strange that she didn't ask him about the woman he anally raped in a Colorado hotel then paid her off to avoid criminal penalties. But I guess now she's woke on women's issues - was this interview more than 3 weeks ago?

It was within the last few days.

She also didn't ask him anything about throwing his buddy Shaq O'Neill under the bus when being interviewed by law enforcement regarding the anal rape allegations.

Since we've moved to a lighter note, anal sex - and it's only lighter when it's consensual, fellas, remember that - I came across on the internet that Ally Raisman, related to this topic, has recently done a full on, butt ass naked photo shoot for Sports Illustrated.

I'm obviously not gonna post a link, but I'm sure you guys can find it.

She is fierce.

today the MSU faculty voted 61-4 for a vote of no confidence in the MSU Board of Trustees

It really doesn't mean anything, but I guess it's news.

It's hard to say whether it will or won't mean anything. they can ignore the faculty, but it doesn't look as if the faculty will simply forget about it 2 seconds later and move on. college professors aren't like typical American voters. if respected & renowned faculty leave because of this, it's going to be tough to replace them. Who would want to go back there, after the way this was handled, besides professors/faculty that can't hack it elsewhere?

I saw that story about Jim Blanchard in the Freep today, about how they only choose Governor Fatboy over him because they assume Fatboy can get the state GOP to kill the investigation.

However:
1) how does Schuette do that without looking corrupt and weak himself? and he obviously is hoping to succeed Snyder.

2) maybe the general public will start to forget about this, but people within MSU aren't and the victims probably won't either; and with the civil lawsuits, the whole mess will keep getting blasted back in the news whenever a judge rules on a motion or a verdict is reached.

MSU needs actual leadership right now... Governor Fatboy can't provide that.

Funny thing is that MSU fans, the MSU coaches, and the new Interim President are complaining that ESPN ran this OTL report right with the Nasser stuff. ESPN starting investigating this stuff in 2014. That is when they started sending FOIA's to MSU. Of course, MSU "cooperated fully with the investigation like they always do" by refusing the FIOA's. Then ESPN sued MSU to make them comply. MSU then sued ESPN to refuse. This went back and forth several times and stretched out the investigation until, well, now when the Larry Nasser stuff is front and center. This all could've been over with 2 or 3 years ago on the football and basketball front, but MSU stalled and stalled. Now MSU complains about the timing. How Ironic.

Last edited:
Back