Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

why stock market go down?

What's with "Me Tarzan, you Jane", George of the Jungle rhetoric?

Oh I get it, you are imitating Trump. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or didn't your mom ever tell you that?

But mockery or parody isn't.

As a young adult, Roosevelt showed particular interest in zoology and biology, which would serve him well later as a rancher and outdoorsman.

While a student at Harvard, Roosevelt competed in boxing, rowing, and wrestling. Academically, he studied German, natural history, forensics, and composition. He would later graduate near the top of his class. He would enjoy physical outdoor pursuits throughout his life, and often spent time hiking, riding horses, and swimming.

Teddy sure doesn't seem to be very much like Trump, (other than winning the birth lotto) who received several draft deferments to avoid serving in the military b/c of bone spurs.

https://www.newsmax.com/fastfeature...bout-theodore-roosevelt/2014/10/19/id/601451/

I'm beginning to think you and I suffer from the same malady - we both remember shit that normal generally happy people aren't supposed to.

I'm pretty sure, a few years back, it was actually us - you and me - who discussed which was the first mini-series on television Rich Man Poor Man or The Captains and the Kings.

So anyways...Roosevelt was said to have had a pretty bombastic personality.

Rather than bore you (or anybody else here) with historic facts from the internet, I'll use my own recollection of how the fictitious Joseph Armaugh, from The Captains and the Kings, according to the novelist Taylor Caldwell, described Theodore Roosevelt as being - "He wants to be the bride at every wedding, and the corpse at every funeral. You have to hate him a lot to not like him a little..."

EDIT: "You and me" was obviously idiomatic...of course, correct grammar would have been "you and I..."

Last edited:
But mockery or parody isn't.

Well, just about every definition of parody and mockery has the word "imitation" in it. It is either imitation or it isn't.

My comment didn't offer a negative or positive nuance to imitation.

So duhhh, imitation, mockery, and parody are the sincerest forms of flattery.

That better for you?

You want to argue semantics with me, you better bring more than your high-school education. (BTW, I don't give a crap how much schooling you actually had, I was just extending the "mockery" to you).

:p

Well, just about every definition of parody and mockery has the word "imitation" in it. It is either imitation or it isn't.

My comment didn't offer a negative or positive nuance to imitation.
be your M
So duhhh, imitation, mockery, and parody are the sincerest forms of flattery.

That better for you?

You want to argue semantics with me, you better bring more than your high-school education. (BTW, I don't give a crap how much schooling you actually had, I was just extending the "mockery" to you).

:p

Of course you did, since sniping in threads seems to be your modus operandi here. A higher education does not also confer wisdom or humility.

Last edited:
Of course you did, since sniping in threads seems to be your modus operandi here.

BTW, changing someone's quote when it is right above your post is usually considered bad form.

I'm just sayin'

Last edited:
Its "aren't" not isn't.

I haven't read many if any OPs from you in DJ or on any team boards, for that matter.

You have authored all of 3 topics since '14, out of a grand total of 29 since becoming registered.

http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/search.php?searchid=284071

Semantics is not grammar. Grammar police are normally ridiculous trolls. Semantics has to do with word usage and meanings. I'd say you need to stay with being a grammar troll, as semantics are definitely not your ken.

FYI - your Latin translation may be a bit off. I understand you think the ending is singular (us) vs. plural (i), but you might be interested in this.

The plural is modi operandi. The word operandi is a gerund in the genitive case, "of operating"; gerunds can never be pluralised in Latin, as opposed to gerundives. When a noun with an attribute in the genitive is pluralised, only the head noun normally changes, just as in English with "of": "a fact of life, two facts of life".

Lastly,
What the fuck does the original authoring of topics have to do with anything? You accused me of sniping in threads, when you are constantly doing it. Just because you start a bunch of stupid threads doesn't mean you aren't an asshole in some threads too.

You want to keep this up, or have you had enough?

Become a mod, then you can officially chide us mere minions on decorum here on DSF. IIRC there is a spot open from '12 when a mod niced bestisbest abruptly ceased posting.

http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/member.php?u=468

http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/showthread.php?p=159525#post159525

I can say whatever the hell I want on decorum whether being a mod or not. Get over yourself. That fact that you are thinking I actually meant that about bad form as opposed to being a joke, says wonders about you.

Last edited:
I can say whatever the hell I want on decorum whether being a mod or not. Get over yourself. That fact that you are thinking I actually meant that about bad form as opposed to being a joke, says wonders about you.

It is "speaks volumes", not says wonders.

dang, KRAWDUP, why are you so mad? take a chill pill.

Riight, I'm mad at you. . . . and chill pills are for other psychotic bozos, not me.

I think you were the one that said something about not being the one to require the joke explained to them. I posted to you "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

It is an actual quotation.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/imitation-is-the-sincerest-form-of-flattery?s=ts

It was a joke, and something my mother always used to tell me to say as opposed to "Sticks and stones . . ." when kids were being rude and mocking me in some way. (I was a bit of a geek . . . don't cha know?)

Then someone who wasn't involved in my little jab at you decided to challenge my semantic knowledge. I guess on a good day (or bad day, depending on how you look at it), it gets my hackles up.

Once you're there, it is kill or be killed. C-I-L-L my landlord.

Holy friggin' cannolis. You can go back to your "me Tarzan you Jane" shtick, I won't interfere anymore.

Semantics is not grammar. Grammar police are normally ridiculous trolls. Semantics has to do with word usage and meanings. I'd say you need to stay with being a grammar troll, as semantics are definitely not your ken.

FYI - your Latin translation may be a bit off. I understand you think the ending is singular (us) vs. plural (i), but you might be interested in this.

The plural is modi operandi. The word operandi is a gerund in the genitive case, "of operating"; gerunds can never be pluralised in Latin, as opposed to gerundives. When a noun with an attribute in the genitive is pluralised, only the head noun normally changes, just as in English with "of": "a fact of life, two facts of life".

Lastly,
What the fuck does the original authoring of topics have to do with anything? You accused me of sniping in threads, when you are constantly doing it. Just because you start a bunch of stupid threads doesn't mean you aren't an asshole in some threads too.

You want to keep this up, or have you had enough?

You asserted that I constantly snipe threads, which is only partly true, since I do so as often as anyone else who posts here with near daily regularity. The plural Modi is not used in the case when the exact same tactic is being used repeatedly.

It is "speaks volumes", not says wonders.

OMG are you somehow questioning my word usage still? A quick google search might let you know "says wonders" is actually a thing too. Somewhat slang (if you recognize a theme forming here), of course, but still says what I meant it to say.

Looks like you aren't finished. Shall I continue to give you semantic lessons?

You asserted that I constantly snipe threads, which is only partly true, since I do so as often as anyone else who posts here with near daily regularity. The plural Modi is not used in the case when the exact same tactic is being used repeatedly.

LOL. Achin' for punishment I see.

You said that it should have been "aren't", when "isn't" is perfectly OK, because modus operandi is the single form.

The fact that you post here daily "SPEAKS VOLUMES" about your motivation for responding.

I have about 2300 posts. I read here pretty often, and post when I am in country, so what in the hell does that have to do with sniping in threads?

Last edited:
Back