Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU pres. Resigns

the article said the police investigated it and found it met standards for 4th degree sexual assault. prosecutors mulling charges.

I guess the concerning thing is that he wasn't suspended or anything while charges are pending.

kinda reminds me of LJ Scott and Dantonio last year... not that what Scott did was by itself THAT bad, but it's surprising these coaches can just waive it off like that. they must be under tons of pressure to win at all costs.

See, here is part of the problem, ESPN reports this, links are provided, but MSU fans don't bother to read the report. Instead they go to their messages boards and see what other MSU fans are saying and they imagine a situation where this guy hasn't done anything wrong. They don't bother to read the article. They don't bother to watch the ESPN OTL report, yet they know everything about it and they know it is all false. Maybe he hasn't done anything wrong, but there is more than just an investigation going on as evidenced by what it actually says in the article, detailed here by MC.

he must know about it. police in college towns tell coaches/ADs EVERYTHING.

Well, of course, Izzo knows about it. From the article:

As part of a 2015 resolution agreement with the U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights, Michigan State police officials are required to inform university officials of such reports "promptly." According to the resolution: "the university will develop a written protocol between the university police and the university's Title IX coordinator that outlines how the parties will promptly notify each other when either receives a complaint of sexual or gender-based harassment, assault or violence, and to what extent they will coordinate efforts on behalf of the university to promptly and equitably respond; and how they will document those efforts, including all investigatory steps taken."

SO either they know about it or someone (campus police) is in violation of this.

Trump Lies all the time so I guess everyone can... BTW MSU the response from ESPN was.
'We Stand by our reporting'

oops it continues

Michigan State freshman guard subject of criminal sexual conduct. I mean is there a pattern at Msu or is this just standard operating procedures.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...ct-criminal-sexual-conduct-investigation-espn

This link, this new article, pretty much compiles everything we've been talking about, as well as, reports this new situation with the walk-on. It even goes into detail about MSU is "cooperating with every investigation" by stonewalling ESPN even on this current situation with the walk-on; asking for a delay for the FOIA, no one responding to calls or voicemails or emails, and this Truscott guy saying they have no information. This is not how you be transparent and cooperate with an investigation. Yes, the press conducts investigations and people who claim they will cooperate are expected to cooperate. That is the point of the press, right?

Last edited:
on Hollis and his "retirement:"

"MSU athletic director Mark Hollis resigned from the university just hours ahead of the Outside the Lines report and two days after Outside the Lines had asked MSU officials for comment on its findings."

Yes, Hollis was informed on Wednesday that ESPN was about to release the OTL report and he was asked to comment about the ESPN OTL report that was due to come out on Friday. Hollis refrained from commenting and then "retired" 2 hours before the ESPN OTL report was released. Nothing fishy here, please move on.

Last edited:
Here's the hypocrisy and I'm not necessarily throwing Spartynash under the bus here, but this is the hypocrisy. Michigan football had a very similar situation with Grant Perry. MSU fans were all over the place saying that Harbaugh was protecting this player even though Harbaugh suspended Perry from ALL team activities like 3 days after the incident and through the entire investigation period, causing Perry to miss the bowl game trip, the trip to Italy, and at least 3 regular season football games completely. He wasn't allowed to be a part of the team at all. Then his case gets finished and he comes back to the team and MSU fans are all over Harbaugh for being soft and allowing a rapist on the team...when he didn't rape anyone.

This is how I feel about it. I'm not calling out coaches saying they handled things improperly, but I do think it's BS, all the garbage we've heard for years. Now, all of the sudden Spartans figured out how to be understanding. Hopefully it's mostly different individuals, but if you want to talk about stereotypes, I've seen Penn State fans claiming that the Spartan fans base was the one with the most aggressive "burn the whole thing to the ground and boot them from the Big Ten" fan base reaction to Sandusky.

"Among the key findings of the Outside the Lines report was that over the past three years, MSU had three times fought in court -- unsuccessfully -- to withhold names of athletes in campus police records. The school also had deleted so much information from some incident reports that they were nearly unreadable. "

The delays and redactments that have been discussed. MSU fans/officials complain that the report comes out at the same time as "the Nasser thing." Yet, it is their own fault. Redacting almost the entire reports (really long names) is not how you be transparent and cooperate fully...

The reducing of the battery to littering was claimed to be routine, but

"But in a Jan. 4 interview with Outside the Lines about Walton's case, Yeadon told an Outside the Lines reporter more than once that the conclusion to such an assault case was not common: "It is unusual that we would, for an assault, give that specific type of a plea arrangement especially if there [are] medical bills and that kind of thing unless we had some other problems with the case." Such "problems," he said then, could have been uncooperative victims, missing witnesses or procedural problems, but none of those were listed as factors in the 2010 case."

so is it routine or not?

The reducing of the battery to littering was claimed to be routine, but

"But in a Jan. 4 interview with Outside the Lines about Walton's case, Yeadon told an Outside the Lines reporter more than once that the conclusion to such an assault case was not common: "It is unusual that we would, for an assault, give that specific type of a plea arrangement especially if there [are] medical bills and that kind of thing unless we had some other problems with the case." Such "problems," he said then, could have been uncooperative victims, missing witnesses or procedural problems, but none of those were listed as factors in the 2010 case."

so is it routine or not?

I don't understand how you can even reduce battery to littering.

Cop: Yeah, he punched her.
Cop 2: Did he drop a plastic cup or napkin?
Cop: I have no idea. What does that have to do with anything?
Cop 2: Just want to be sure he wasn't being a litter bug while beating the shit out of a woman. That would be so much worse.

This thread has been great. Maybe Kroll has been advising the Spartan fans and coaches all along

Just deny everything. Just say that anyone who says anything negative about MSU is lying. Just say that all accusers are lying.

"Walton didn't punch her. He probably just shoved her down..." and she still ended up with a concussion...and Izzo still didn't do anything about it...and then later Walton was allegedly involved in a sexual assault with 2 MSU basketball players...and this was apparently never reported to title IX...but Izzo might not have known about it...and that makes that OK...

You're all liars!! You are just sensationalizing stuff...Quit being so dramatic!!

I don't care if you have a 4 year degree in Criminal Justice and 20 years of experience in the field. Your input is of no more value than anyone else without that! I'm sure that I'm just as good at managing money as Vic, too! I know that I'd be at least as good of a lawyer as MC!!

That Mumphrey stuff you said, you made that stuff up. Sees link...well, he was on campus 8 days after the ban started...and that makes it ok...

Keep things like this coming...

nobody ever said Walton didn't punch her, just that it's not clear that he did. Someone with a 4 year degree in criminal justice and 20 years experience should know that - especially someone who hasn't seen the evidence. It's not clear yet what Izzo knew about it - that's what we're all waiting to find out or at least those who don't jump to conclusions are waiting to find out. Same with the alleged sexual assault involving 2 other players. Nobody is saying that makes it OK, but if he didn't know what can we hold him responsible for? If he did, that's another story but again, I'm willing to wait to find out.

And yeah, I don't care if you have a 4 year degree and 20 years in criminal justice - you haven't seen the evidence, your expertise doesn't make your prejudiced hunches any more valuable than anyone else's opinion. In fact, they're probably less credible among those of us who know what a CJ degree is worth especially those who realize you're a self loathing Spartan who has a pathological love for a school he couldn't get into. And Vic isn't an active money manager - he sells indexed ETFs. It's a profitable business but not terribly difficult to do. If you read a couple of websites, you'd probably be able to build a reasonably well diversified portfolio of index ETFs that will fit your risk tolerance and investment horizon. Well, maybe you can't, but someone who didn't have to study criminal justice probably could. You might have a shot at being as good a lawyer as MC though, that bar is probably pretty low.

nobody ever said Walton didn't punch her, just that it's not clear that he did. Someone with a 4 year degree in criminal justice and 20 years experience should know that - especially someone who hasn't seen the evidence. It's not clear yet what Izzo knew about it - that's what we're all waiting to find out or at least those who don't jump to conclusions are waiting to find out. Same with the alleged sexual assault involving 2 other players. Nobody is saying that makes it OK, but if he didn't know what can we hold him responsible for? If he did, that's another story but again, I'm willing to wait to find out.

And yeah, I don't care if you have a 4 year degree and 20 years in criminal justice - you haven't seen the evidence, your expertise doesn't make your prejudiced hunches any more valuable than anyone else's opinion. In fact, they're probably less credible among those of us who know what a CJ degree is worth especially those who realize you're a self loathing Spartan who has a pathological love for a school he couldn't get into. And Vic isn't an active money manager - he sells indexed ETFs. It's a profitable business but not terribly difficult to do. If you read a couple of websites, you'd probably be able to build a reasonably well diversified portfolio of index ETFs that will fit your risk tolerance and investment horizon. Well, maybe you can't, but someone who didn't have to study criminal justice probably could. You might have a shot at being as good a lawyer as MC though, that bar is probably pretty low.

I'm going to pull a Smack and counter this point by point:

I don't loathe myself. I like myself very much. You have no evidence or proof that I loathe myself. You're making that up.

I never claimed that Vic is an active money manager. Did I claim that? I said or implied that he'd probably be better at it than a layman with no related degree.

I never attempted to get into Michigan and you have no proof and have seen no evidence that I tried or would've been turned down. You're making that up.

I have a very good portfolio and it is well-diversified and it's been doing very well. You have no evidence or proof to the contrary, so you shouldn't be making that shit up. I would probably be able to improve it if I sat down with Vic and shared a beer or 8 and discussed my financial situation, though. I doubt that is a stretch.

I love how SOME of the Spartan fans feel the need to attack my character, as I don't remember really doing that to them. They know all about me and attack my background and make all types of unsubstantiated claims and attacks, sort of like they do with the accusers that have accused MSU basketball players and football players. I have no idea what background any of them have and don't really care. I don't need to attack them as a petty attempt to discredit what they are saying. It is funny that they complain and whine about the things that I post, yet they come back every couple of hours to get their fix. Personally, if I didn't like something, I'd just quit doing it, but yet, they keep coming back and will continue.

I guess something that these MSU fans have missed over the years of my life story is that my BA from MSU is not just in Criminal Justice, because we all know that CJ majors are just dummies and jocks...or maybe they are people that are going to wind up in police work and may have done that or may have just veered away from that at some point and landed in a similar line of work. No, I finished 2 majors from MSU. I thought that was widely known, but whatever. MY degree is actually a dual-major degree in criminal justice and I completed the degree requirements for a Psychology degree. I just never really pursued anything in the psychology aspect of my degree. I know any dummy can get a degree from MSU, though, so I shouldn't be too proud of myself...at least that is what these MSU fans are telling me.

Thanks for being so interested, though. It makes me feel warm inside.

I have a very good portfolio and it is well-diversified and it's been doing very well. You have no evidence or proof to the contrary, so you shouldn't be making that shit up. I would probably be able to improve it if I sat down with Vic and shared a beer or 8 and discussed my financial situation, though. I doubt that is a stretch.

My dad was a teacher in the Ann Arbor public schools and my parents ended up retiring pretty well putting additional investment monies into a fund managed on behalf of the Michigan state (not MSU, a statewide association for public school teacher) teachers association-I think that is what the name of the organization was (probably still is).

My experience is that beer sit downs with Vic end up being closer to eight than one.

Hungry, there's good reason I have Sbee and Spartanmack on my ignore list. They aren't worth anyone's time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I love how SOME of the Spartan fans feel the need to attack my character, as I don't remember really doing that to them. They know all about me and attack my background and make all types of unsubstantiated claims and attacks, sort of like they do with the accusers that have accused MSU basketball players and football players. I have no idea what background any of them have and don't really care. I don't need to attack them as a petty attempt to discredit what they are saying. It is funny that they complain and whine about the things that I post, yet they come back every couple of hours to get their fix. Personally, if I didn't like something, I'd just quit doing it, but yet, they keep coming back and will continue.

calling me a liar is not attacking my character? you don't recall lying about virtually everything I've said? saying I need to believe every bad story about michigan because I have a need toohate them? (I'm a michigan fan - MSU first of course, but I like michigan). You don't recall saying I defend every MSU player or coach? That's not true, I was very critical of MD handling the Winston case, among others from the beginning. Right here, you've accused me of attacking the accusers of basketball and football players - that's never happened. You don't recall saying I deny everything and defend Izzo at all cost when I've said nothing of the sort? You don't recall referring to me as "smack"?

Also, I haven't complained or whined about anything you've posted. I've just pointed out how prejudiced and stupid they are - despite your self-proclaimed expertise on the subject.

Last edited:
I guess something that these MSU fans have missed over the years of my life story is that my BA from MSU is not just in Criminal Justice, because we all know that CJ majors are just dummies and jocks...or maybe they are people that are going to wind up in police work and may have done that or may have just veered away from that at some point and landed in a similar line of work. No, I finished 2 majors from MSU. I thought that was widely known, but whatever. MY degree is actually a dual-major degree in criminal justice and I completed the degree requirements for a Psychology degree. I just never really pursued anything in the psychology aspect of my degree. I know any dummy can get a degree from MSU, though, so I shouldn't be too proud of myself...at least that is what these MSU fans are telling me.

Thanks for being so interested, though. It makes me feel warm inside.

When did you get your degrees? Michigan State doesn't or at least didn't award degrees with dual majors at least through the mid-90s. I know because 4 people in my family have degrees from MSU and at least two of us (one sister and I) have enough credits for double majors.

Spartans fans aren't missing anything when it comes to your resume. What you're missing is nobody cares what your degrees are in, they don't suddenly make the stupid shit you say sound smart. What we find amusing is you keep spouting off about your degree from 20 years as if it's supposed to impress or lend credibility, like some dumb jock who ended up being a cop or a prison guard would.

Last edited:
I'm going to pull a Smack and counter this point by point:

I don't loathe myself. I like myself very much. You have no evidence or proof that I loathe myself. You're making that up.

I never claimed that Vic is an active money manager. Did I claim that? I said or implied that he'd probably be better at it than a layman with no related degree.

I never attempted to get into Michigan and you have no proof and have seen no evidence that I tried or would've been turned down. You're making that up.

you just can't help making yourself look dumb, can you?
Self loathing refers to an extreme dislike or hatred of oneself, or being angry at or even prejudiced against oneself. The term is also used to designate a dislike or hatred of a group, family, social class, or stereotype to which one belongs and/or has.
I'm not making anything up. You're a self loathing Spartan. It doesn't mean you hate everything about yourself. I would expect someone with a psychology degree to know better.

so you are as good of a money manager as vic? btw, I never made up anything about your portfolio, nor did I say you claimed Vic was an active money manager. you're making that up.

It is true that I don't have any proof that you would have been turned down by michigan but as the criminal justice expert in this thread has shown, I don't need evidence, let alone proof - just accusations. At least my accusation has some reasonable evidence behind it, like the fact that I'm surprised you could even get into Michigan State.

Last edited:
This thread needs to end. You both sound like butt hurt pre teen girls trying to get in the last word.

I'm just having a little fun correcting all the lies and nonsense. I'm not even remotely upset or angry.

Back