Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Jersey 3 Detroit 1 Final

Devils are pretty hot right now, won 5 of 6 beating some pretty good teams. Not a good sign for the Wings but my son and I will be there in our Red Wings gear for his 8th birthday.

Have fun and be safe at the arena . Maybe the Wings will play a good game !!!!

Thanks. As much as I can't stand the Devils, I actually like the Prudential Center a lot despite it being in Newark. As long as you can park near the arena, it's pretty safe. It's still pretty new, not a bad seat in the house and it's never really crowded - the Devils don't have a great fan base.

Got pretty good seats, about 18 rows up last section before the corner. middle of our section is the face off dot to Howard's right, next section over is end of Wings bench so we'll only see Wings shooting on our end once. But since they're not that good, we'll probably get a lot of action at our end.

Last edited:
These damn drop passes at center ice on the PP need to stop. They have never worked and only lead to good chances for the other team.

They work if the D slows down at the line. You need skater with speed and great hands to do it properly.

Actually worked pretty well early in season when they were giving it to Larkin. But if you just keep doing same thing over and over it becomes easier for opposition to counter.

I'll try to find video, but don't have time at the moment.

Stubhub let me down HUGE last night. Spent the first and most of the second period at the box office on the phone with them trying to sort out ticket snafu. From what I saw, Wings played pretty well, with a decent amount of sustained pressure but the Devils looked like they were tentatively protecting the one goal lead so hard to judge having missed most of the game including all the goals but the empty netter.

Wings were terrible in the first and good the rest of the game. That sucks but at least you saw the Wings play well rather than stink up the joint in the first.

it was awful - felt so bad for my kid who basically waited patiently for an hour while stubhub gave me the runaround on the phone. The one saving grace (other than the smuggled skittles and twizzlers) was we ended up on the Wings' offensive zone for the 3rd, 4 rows off the glass even with the dot to Schneider's left. Came really close to seeing Abdelkader score on him just a minute or so after I told my son about his game winner on Schneider in the 2007 NC game.

Back