Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mandel's Mailbag, thinks Michigan will be the next new team to make the CFP

I can't even read the article. Most of it's blocked by an apparently unremovable add to subscribe to the online publication.

Last edited:
As far as i can tell theathletic requires a subscription

They ave been oicking up a lot of writers frim newspapers and other media

My bad, some articles are subscription and some aren't and some are emailed once a week if you give them your address, I thought the emailed articles were the free ones.

In the mailbag, Mandel said that while some peolpe are frustrated, last year was a rebuilding year, the defense was top 5 and should be better next year, and there's probably a QB improvement between Peters, Patterson, and McCaffrey. It comes down to the O-line, which is hard to predict. No O-line, no CFP. "But I do feel he?s building toward a Playoff-caliber roster in nearly every other area. Much to the chagrin of all the Harbaugh haters who like to compare his three-year record to Brady Hoke?s and ignore this tiny little thing called #context."

If it's not Michigan, his next guess is Stanford.

As far as i can tell theathletic requires a subscription

They ave been oicking up a lot of writers frim newspapers and other media

They just started up last year as a reaction to changes in the sports reporting landscape. This article, which is free, is a "why I joined, here's or pitch" article from Mandel. $3.5/month sales are common, but if you hold out and sign up for the email, once in a blue moon they'll go $2.50/month.

https://theathletic.com/86856/2017/08/20/stewart-mandel-welcome-to-the-all-american/

Back