Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Changes with staff coming?

dubbsco

Just from Mblog, so not sure how much truth there is. But sounds like Drevno, Pep, and Greg Frey are going elsewhere.

Those 3 make $2.5 million combined. We're up to Rich Rodriguez at Michigan numbers.

MGoBlog posters think Drevno and Pep are going back ot the pros and Frey is going to FSU. That was fast, like...the process had started before the bowl game fast. Queue "Harbaugh is difficult to work with" chirping?

MGoBlog posters think Drevno and Pep are going back ot the pros and Frey is going to FSU. That was fast, like...the process had started before the bowl game fast. Queue "Harbaugh is difficult to work with" chirping?

If they can't do their jobs right, I wouldn't blame him for being difficult to work with.

Enos and Roman are the names being tossed around as being on the offensive staff.

Is either one of those guys a WR coach? 'Cause we kind of need one of those, too.

I'm not as worried about the specific names and positions as I am with the whole "calling plays by consensus" thing coming to an end. I want 1 OC and 1 guy calling plays. Not 1 pass coordinator and 1 run coordinator.

I'm not as worried about the specific names and positions as I am with the whole "calling plays by consensus" thing coming to an end. I want 1 OC and 1 guy calling plays. Not 1 pass coordinator and 1 run coordinator.

I want that and a WR coach.

Jay Harbaugh should go back to coaching special teams and we should bring in Hart for RB coach.

that appears to be another thing I was right about. I remember calling this out, and DeathRoh was like "Durrr... why is that a concern? Harbaugh has done this before."

As far as replacing assistants, Given Harbaugh's success with the Don Brown hire, I have faith he won't fuck this up worse than he already has.

If I had to summarize "lessons learned" here:

1) if an NFL owner or college AD is a complete nightmare (as opposed to just regular nightmares like most of them are), do not hire anyone he hired. For fucks sake! See, eg, Browns, Colts, and every team and program in the States of Florida or Texas.

2) playcalling by committee should never happen. there's just no way under game situations it makes sense. it was bad last year as well, when you look back on it. 2015 wasn't really that great either.

3) stop with the offseason trips and the recruiting antics, and the things that garner all the clicks and likes on facebook. I guess there was a reason no other programs did those things before... Our entire Athletic Dept looks like (or maybe they are) idiots with too much money.

4) call the Big Ten director of referees and say "Ok, you win. you can't fight city hall. Who do we make the payoff check out to?"

I want that and a WR coach.

Jay Harbaugh should go back to coaching special teams and we should bring in Hart for RB coach.

seeing Mike Hart on the sidelines would make me so happy. would Harbaugh call him after the words exchanged? possibly... I think both of them know that college students, and first year Stanford coaches say stupid things sometimes.

seeing Mike Hart on the sidelines would make me so happy. would Harbaugh call him after the words exchanged? possibly... I think both of them know that college students, and first year Stanford coaches say stupid things sometimes.

It would make me happy as well. I think they could bury the hatchet, if it still even exists, pretty easily.

Hart as RB coach is just wishful thinking on my part. I can't see Jim making Jay a ST coach again.

It would make me happy as well. I think they could bury the hatchet, if it still even exists, pretty easily.

Hart as RB coach is just wishful thinking on my part. I can't see Jim making Jay a ST coach again.

to be fair, the RBs were pretty decent this year. at least Higdon and Evans were.

they provided the only consistency we had on offense all season. Isaac looked improved, but I guess hampered by injuries.

I've heard people complain he's not pulling his weight on the recruiting trail, but that's not his only job.

Frey was interviewing

Other rumors were at that drevno drove away people like Wheatley, Fisch, Frey

Frey was interviewing

Awesome. So not only does Drevno's play calling and game planning suck, he also drove away the best members of the offensive staff in Fisch and Wheatley.

What's weird is last season our offense scored a lot more but Drevno play calling was still suspect unless it was not just him calling the plays . This year with no qb who could stay healthy he did not help them get better. His play calling inside the red zone is flat out bizarre. I sure hope Jim nails these hires. I also agree we need a wr coach .

Drevno was not good at recruiting either

Last edited:
Frey was interviewing

Awesome. So not only does Drevno's play calling and game planning suck, he also drove away the best members of the offensive staff in Fisch and Wheatley.

Drevno was not good at recruiting either

HMMMM...

If this is all true... I have to say, I'm not surprised. Classic Dumbass Beard.

I've written about this before; I have a theory that if you see someone with this type of facial hair, there is a high statistical probability that they are also a dumbass:

hqdefault.jpg

See also:

kanye-circle-beard.jpg

People call it different things, the "chinstrap," the "circle beard" but I just call it the dumbass beard. When I first saw Harbaugh's staff's photos, I was immediately concerned, but figured one guy couldn't be that much of a problem, and Harbaugh knows what he's doing.

I hope I have not offended anyone, but it needs to be said.

Apologies to all you who have dumbass beards. Shave it off. Or shave it down to a mustache, like Don Brown. Or Grow a full beard. You'll get more intelligent immediately.

Never hire someone with a Dumbass Beard... for anything. You'll save yourself a big headache.

Could be worse: it could be a soul patch instead of a chinstrap. I don't know if the former is correlated with any negative personality traits, but it looks stupid, too.

Last edited:
I thought the chinstrap was the thin beard that runs down your jawline?

Drevno seems to have a standard goatee, which still sucks.

Back