Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Football Recruiting '17

What's with all the decommits? This happened last year too, and seemingly all at once.

Well this one sounds like a mixture of a recruiting coordinator fuckup and mom pushing for the home school, so I don't think you can really tie it to the others. I know there were tons last year, but have there been many decommits since last signing day?

Just win. The recruits will be signing in Feb, not August. Not worried one bit, especially over the meltdown going on over at Mgoblow about OSU signing two 5 star receivers that arent even near as good as the ones we are supposed be getting. Just win and Harbaugh signs who he wants.

Solomon was offended that M sent him a thank-you note for a BBQ he did not attend. But he still plans on taking the official visit?

My buddy was a D1 recruit and has stories like this - getting letters from schools he hadn't been in contact with ...misspelled names, etc. they're form letters.

Three in two days. As someone put it on another site, weren't these kids told the Jumpman gear is in?

My buddy was a D1 recruit and has stories like this - getting letters from schools he hadn't been in contact with ...misspelled names, etc. they're form letters.

True enough, but Harbaugh is said to be a details freak. The kid was a commit, not someone with whom M hadn't been in contact. It shouldn't have happened and doubt that it will again.

Last edited:
True enough, but Harbaugh is said to be a details freak. The kid was a commit, not someone with whom M hadn't been in contact. It shouldn't have happened and doubt that it will again.

About mailing lists?

jdilco, I would be surprised to learn Harbaugh was involved in creating the microsoft word address list file and done the mail merge to print & send the dozens - if not hundreds - of thank you letters that went out.

that's usually office manager work.

presumably someone on the clerical staff screwed up. I am sure it's already been addressed, with everyone involved emerging from this as a better person* and won't happen again.

*except for the recruit who made a big deal out of the screwup. i know he's only 17/18 but sounds like his mom was involved. you'd think an adult would know better than to make a big deal out of an obvious administrative error, knowing some poor worker bee is going to take the heat. I'm guessing these people also scream at bank tellers, help desk staffers, and the order takers at McDonalds.

Last edited by a moderator:
The notion that these kids expect to be treated like royalty is ludicrous. Solomon will again experience the anonymity that is an expected aspect of the college experience, especially at a big school. Will he then again withdraw and transfer to another college that will treat him the same way?

Last edited:
4 star DE Donovan Jeter commits! Was a ND commitment.

Back