Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Football schedules 2019+

I agree that we got screwed with how things look but I still think we can win the B10. I will not buy season tickets for that schedule though. Unless I win the Powerball because if I won 500 mil I wont care as much lol.

Dave Brandon just said they were going to try to schedule big OOC opponents for home games in the years we play @ohio & @msu (i.e. even-numbered years), since there won't otherwise be any marquee home games. he cited the 2014 home slate with only Jerry Sandusky U as a problem.

Dave Brandon just said they were going to try to schedule big OOC opponents for home games in the years we play @ohio & @msu (i.e. even-numbered years), since there won't otherwise be any marquee home games. he cited the 2014 home slate with only Jerry Sandusky U as a problem.

Don't see why he would care. People who already get season tickets will renew, just because they don't want to lose their spot. The stadiums will be sold out as usual, not necessarily with the people who originally buy the tickets, but that doesn't matter. That's actually a good thing, since it helps out his buddies at stubhub. The university will still make their millions and that is all that Brandon cares about.

On the bright side, people who go to those games should see victories. We'll be able to brag about Michigan having a really good home record those seasons.

Original post has been updated. Thanks for the info, Wheels.

Last edited:
New 2015 schedule
Sept. 3 at Utah
Sept. 12 Oregon State
Sept. 19 UNLV
Sept. 26 BYU
Oct. 3 at Maryland
Oct. 10 Northwestern
Oct. 17 Michigan State
Oct. 24 Bye
Oct. 31 at Minnesota
Nov. 7 Rutgers
Nov. 14 at Indiana
Nov. 21 at Penn State
Nov. 28 Ohio State
Dec. 5 Big Ten Championship Game

Now that's a schedule that has NC title run written all over it!

Enough name brand OOC opponents along with the right ones at home ....big TRAP game at Happy Valley before Ohio* but PSU will be feeling the effects of the Sandusky scandal moreso by then in terms of scholarships and depth and will not be the PSU of old.

New 2015 schedule
Sept. 3 at Utah
Sept. 12 Oregon State
Sept. 19 UNLV
Sept. 26 BYU
Oct. 3 at Maryland
Oct. 10 Northwestern
Oct. 17 Michigan State
Oct. 24 Bye
Oct. 31 at Minnesota
Nov. 7 Rutgers
Nov. 14 at Indiana
Nov. 21 at Penn State
Nov. 28 Ohio State

Now that's a schedule that has NC title run written all over it!

Enough name brand OOC opponents along with the right ones at home ....big TRAP game at Happy Valley before Ohio* but PSU will be feeling the effects of the Sandusky scandal moreso by then in terms of scholarships and depth and will not be the PSU of old.

yeah, that should be a fun year. the strong Utah connection that year is a bit odd.

No WMU/EMU/CMU or other MAC opponents, also odd. But I do see a bit of a comparison to that '97 year, where we played Colorado, ND, & Baylor. less that 20 years ago, playing a schedule like that was not unique.

If we dont win the B10 with this then Hoke should be on the hot seat. The entire team should be his recruits and key recruits in 2nd/3rd year.

If we dont win the B10 with this then Hoke should be on the hot seat. The entire team should be his recruits and key recruits in 2nd/3rd year.

results so far...

2011 - 11-2
2012 - 8-5

By and large, I agree.

IF records are good those years, but we win no titles, finishing 2nd/3rd in the division or something, Hoke himself might not be on the hotseat, but his assistants will. I think he'll make some changes on the offensive end before we get to that point though. Borges could be gone after this season if the offense costs us games like they did in '11. of course, if Hoke sticks by guys, or hires bad replaces, that's on him.

IF we keep going 8-5, 9-4, etc., and he's shuffled his assistants with no better results, then he'll probably be gone in '16.

I like 2015 because it begins on the road at night at Utah, a Pac-12 team ... That's like USC playing at Minnesota or Oregon opening at Northwestern -- it will set the stage well.

Then you have the other Pac-12 Oregon State game and a sort of random, mid-80's Holiday Bowl match up with Independent BYU.

Even the game at Maryland will seem bigger simply because people overvalue east coast teams.

I like this schedule very much. It's nice being able to look at a football schedule and not point to one team and immediately label them as a total doormat.

Last edited:
results so far...

2011 - 11-2
2012 - 8-5

By and large, I agree.

IF records are good those years, but we win no titles, finishing 2nd/3rd in the division or something, Hoke himself might not be on the hotseat, but his assistants will. I think he'll make some changes on the offensive end before we get to that point though. Borges could be gone after this season if the offense costs us games like they did in '11. of course, if Hoke sticks by guys, or hires bad replaces, that's on him.

IF we keep going 8-5, 9-4, etc., and he's shuffled his assistants with no better results, then he'll probably be gone in '16.

I agree that some changes may be made. The only assistants I think are safe forever are Mattsion and Fred Jackson because he always has a job no matter who the coach is.

There has not. This is the worst home schedule ever.

Wow- I didn't even think about the 2014 schedule until you pointed this out... Our "headliners" are Penn State on sanctions, and the "newby" Terps coming to the BigHouse. Wow. Sad. The Utah game might be just as big.

She'll out that cabbage for those season tix guys! LOL

But yeah, 2015 home schedule kicks ass.

Last edited:
New 2015 schedule
Sept. 3 at Utah
Sept. 12 Oregon State
Sept. 19 UNLV
Sept. 26 BYU
Oct. 3 at Maryland
Oct. 10 Northwestern
Oct. 17 Michigan State
Oct. 24 Bye
Oct. 31 at Minnesota
Nov. 7 Rutgers
Nov. 14 at Indiana
Nov. 21 at Penn State
Nov. 28 Ohio State

Thanks again, Wheels. OP has been updated.

I have updated this year's schedule with a few games to be on BTN. Can't guarantee 100%, but I got it from a reliable source.

Back