Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: MSU/Nassar

A 15 year old speaks . She said the were still billing her but then late Monday Msu Said former patients of Nasser will stopped being billed. I guess it takes a 15 year old. Sounds like a lot of the women assulted want to go to trail instead of taking the money . Because if they take the money they have to sign the nondisclosure agreementhe is what I heard . This case will be going for years it sounds like.

Are you listening , Msu

http://www.espn.com/olympics/story/...ry-nassar-case-says-clinic-trying-bill-family

Last edited:
Sbee's argument is that Simon didn't know...wrong!!

"MSU has come under fire after its board of trustees voted in support of Simon on Friday, even though it was recently revealed that Simon was among the MSU staffers who were warned about Nassar?s sexual abuse as early as 1992."

Izzo acknowledges that he didn't use the right words...

https://deadspin.com/tom-izzo-apologizes-for-saying-stupid-things-about-larr-1822306874
Simon should have already been fired. It's unreal she still has a job.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

They need to fire Hollis as well you cant tell me that they didnt know so many girls came forward over the years but no one listened or if they did listen they blamed the girls. People other than just Nasser need to be in jail much like what happened at Penn St.

"MSU has come under fire after its board of trustees voted in support of Simon on Friday, even though it was recently revealed that Simon was among the MSU staffers who were warned about Nassar?s sexual abuse as early as 1992."

https://deadspin.com/tom-izzo-apologizes-for-saying-stupid-things-about-larr-1822306874

I posted that link earlier in the thread, but apparently he couldn't be bothered to read it, instead claiming the calls to fire Simon were a "knee jerk" reaction.

according to the record, after addressing Nasser, former MSU gymnast Lindsay Lemke turned and directly accused Simon and MSU gymnastics personnel in attendance, claiming they were just as culpable as he was for creating the environment that enabled him. and she said MSU gymnastics coach Kathie Klages asked the team to sign a card for Nasser after this scandal broke and the Indianapolis Star had published a damning report from two victims.

Simon should be fired no matter when she knew. The lack of transparency and lack of an independent investigation is reason enough.

some of these MSU fans sound like PSU fans supporting JoePA

next they're going to be rioting on Grand River Ave and getting their asses beat by the ELPD.

I suspend my opposition to police brutality only when it's directed at MSU students. :nod:

Quite honestly, I don't know why. It doesn't have any impact on them in terms of the teams they root for. And do students that attend a college really have some strong connection to the president? Shit, I didn't even know the CMU president's name until I graduated.

Almost worse. I had a sparty from HS say on FB that M fans are making this about the rivalry and that, well, Nassar went to UM so it’s really a Michigan problem, not MSU ...?! Wtf?! I don’t know if it’s true or not but we lay claim to Ann Coulter, Madonna and the Unibomber too ..not sure the relevance.

I don’t recall psu fans saying anything like that

Last edited:
Almost worse. I had a sparty from HS say on FB that M fans are making this about the rivalry and that, well, Nassar went to UM so it?s really a Michigan problem, not MSU ...?! Wtf?! I don?t know if it?s true or not but we lay claim to Ann Coulter, Madonna and the Unibomber too ..not sure the relevance.

I don?t recall psu fans saying anything like that

It's Unabomber. I only remember the spelling because David Letterman did a Top 10 on him once, "Top 10 Ways You Know You're The Unabomber," and one of them was "Your friends call you Una for short."

but yeah. this is dumb. They fucked up, badly it looks like, and are defending themselves over it (more or less the entire administration from the regents on down now). The general vibe seems to be "Yeah what Nasser did was bad, but we did nothing wrong. Now STFU and GTFO."

Yeah. I've not commented on any of the facebook/mlive discussions. The MSU fans are jumping on any Michigan fan saying anything. It's like we don't get to have an opinion, because we root for "scUM!" They are turning it into a Michigan-MSU thing more than anyone that I've seen. This has nothing to do with any rivalry.

The Chair and Vice-Chair of USA Gymnastics stepped down and took responsibility. MSU should follow suit.

It's Unabomber. I only remember the spelling because David Letterman did a Top 10 on him once, "Top 10 Ways You Know You're The Unabomber," and one of them was "Your friends call you Una for short."

He was the Unibomber for a very short period of time - between the first bomb and the second one.

He was the Unibomber for a very short period of time - between the first bomb and the second one.

according to a brief search, there is a prefix "uni" but not "una."

I kinda wonder if spelling it "una" was just a mistake by the FBI profiler. It wouldn't be their first in this case. Remember the sketch they circulated? it looked like Michael Jackson in a hooded sweatshirt and sunglasses.

anyway, MSU sucks. MSU students and alums should welcome the opportunity to dump Simon over this, based on what she knew. seems like the current students would, at least. there's hope for the future...

sounds like some word play there

MSU staffers were told in 1992 (including Kathy Klages who should face charges, but not Simon)

Simon was notified as part of a title IX complaint in 2014

Simon didn't join MSU until 1993 as a Provost

from the article you posted

Interviewing a number of former MSU athletes, the Detroit News found that at least 14 MSU staffers and representatives were made aware of Nassar?s abuse over more than two decades and beginning as early as 1992, and nothing was ever done about him. Among those officials notified of a Title IX complaint and police report against Nassar was MSU President Lou Anna Simon.

Never says Simon in 1992, also, the title IX investigation cleared Nassar.

Yeah. I've not commented on any of the facebook/mlive discussions. The MSU fans are jumping on any Michigan fan saying anything. It's like we don't get to have an opinion, because we root for "scUM!" They are turning it into a Michigan-MSU thing more than anyone that I've seen. This has nothing to do with any rivalry.

I think there's a lot of that on both sides, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I'm just waiting for facts that show Simon as negligent before calling for her to step down.

I'd think everyone should be ok with waiting for the AG's findings

according to a brief search, there is a prefix "uni" but not "una."

I kinda wonder if spelling it "una" was just a mistake by the FBI profiler. It wouldn't be their first in this case. Remember the sketch they circulated? it looked like Michael Jackson in a hooded sweatshirt and sunglasses.

anyway, MSU sucks. MSU students and alums should welcome the opportunity to dump Simon over this, based on what she knew. seems like the current students would, at least. there's hope for the future...

You didn't already know there's a prefix "uni" to refer to something that's composed of a unit of one?

Una was a new acronym specifically for Kazinsky when he was an "unsub." It was for UNiversity and Airline bomber.

EDIT: I don't know if real law enforcement uses the term "unsub," or just the law enforcement on TV cop shows.

Last edited:
sounds like some word play there

MSU staffers were told in 1992 (including Kathy Klages who should face charges, but not Simon)

Simon was notified as part of a title IX complaint in 2014

Simon didn't join MSU until 1993 as a Provost

from the article you posted

Interviewing a number of former MSU athletes, the Detroit News found that at least 14 MSU staffers and representatives were made aware of Nassar?s abuse over more than two decades and beginning as early as 1992, and nothing was ever done about him. Among those officials notified of a Title IX complaint and police report against Nassar was MSU President Lou Anna Simon.

Never says Simon in 1992, also, the title IX investigation cleared Nassar.

If they showed her the report in 2014, but didn't let her know that Nasser had been dogged by similar allegations for 22 years, okay. sort of. makes you wonder how thorough the 2014 investigation was. but you'd think NOW that it's blown up, she would be pissed and sacking the people who kept her in the dark -if not because what Nasser was doing was horrible - then at least because they all saw what happened at Penn State. Instead, it sure looks like she happily hoped it would go away, and stuck her head in the sand. and now, the administration is circling the wagons around itself...

based on Bill Schuette's history, I see little reason to expect the AG's investigation to be anything than a whitewash though.

You didn't already know there's a prefix "uni" to refer to something that's composed of a unit of one?

Una was a new acronym specifically for Kazinsky when he was an "unsub." It was for UNiversity and Airline bomber.

EDIT: I don't know if real law enforcement uses the term "unsub," or just the law enforcement on TV cop shows.

oh that makes sense.

Back