Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hall Of Fame Voting

Mussina, Chipper, Schilling, Vlad, Hoffman, Thome, Edgar Martinez would get my vote.

https://baseballhall.org/modern-baseball-era-ballot-2018
2018 MODERN BASEBALL ERA BALLOT.

Nine former big league players and one executive comprise the 10-name Modern Baseball Era ballot to be reviewed and voted upon Dec. 10 at the Baseball Winter Meetings.

Steve Garvey, Tommy John, Don Mattingly, Marvin Miller, Jack Morris, Dale Murphy, Dave Parker, Ted Simmons, Luis Tiant and Alan Trammell are the candidates the Modern Baseball Era Committee will consider for Hall of Fame election for the Class of 2018. All candidates are former players except for Miller, who was the head of the Major League Baseball Players Association from 1966-82. All candidates except for Miller are living.

Yes (I can make a strong case for each)

C. Jones
M. Mussina
J. Thome
C. Schilling
G. Sheffield
V. Guerrero
L. Walker

Borderline: (Better players ahead of them not in)
J. Kent
E. Martinez
F. McGriff
T. Hoffman

Issues: (PED-issues)
B. Bonds
R. Clemens
M. Ramirez
S. Sosa

Yes (I can make a strong case for each)

C. Jones
M. Mussina
J. Thome
C. Schilling
G. Sheffield
V. Guerrero
L. Walker

Borderline: (Better players ahead of them not in)
J. Kent
E. Martinez
F. McGriff
T. Hoffman

Issues: (PED-issues)
B. Bonds
R. Clemens
M. Ramirez
S. Sosa

We think alike. Larry Walker is a candidate I used to think deserved in but his splits on the road and particularly outside of Coors Field are damning to me.

Last edited:
Back