Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Republican Manifesto

turok

Contrary to a certain member's personal insult, below is undeniable proof that I do know of what I post.

There is no "we"' "unify" or "bipartisan" in the Drumpf/GOP manifesto, its them and ONLY them:

A quicker read 50 point sampler:

https://www.alternet.org/election-2...wing-proposals-2016-republican-party-platform

The Big Lebowski in .pdf format...no "we" really, just us:

https://prod-static-ngop-pbl.s3.amazonaws.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL%5b1%5d-ben_1468872234.pdf?mid=76323&rid=16150106

The sheer arrogance of the GOP is only limited by degree in the contentious factions within it, much like xtian denominations, each claiming to more pious than the others, and is why a one official "state" religion headed by a federally appointed pastor/reverend would be hotly, if not bloodily disputed. How anyone of Jewish faith can associate themselves with, and vote for Republicans, considering their goals and under these circumstances, is a mystery.

Last edited:
It actually isn't much of a mystery. Follow the money, and pounce when you can. No religion is involved. Immorality - maybe, but it has nothing really to do with organized religion - Jewish or Christian.

BTW those links are not impartial in any way.

Direct excerpts taken off of the second link, composed by members of the RNC, pre-election, aren't impartial, b/c they would have to be neutral.

Which a GOP Senator, Representative, and a state Governor aren't.

Nonetheless, the document was still published, no one in the party has publicly and loudly disputed its contents, and it has been quite accurate so far.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware Republicans knew how to read.

Was under impression their corporate sponsors wrote everything for them.

Likely there were many underlings who assisted, and RNC staff who contributed, but this wasn't legislation. Probably compiled-assembled piecemeal from many sources, including the Heritage Foundation, and other conservative think-tanks.

It was their 12th draft, and there are no others authored by any other office holders of the GOP/RNC, that I have come across.

Last edited:
Direct excerpts taken off of the second link, composed by members of the RNC, pre-election, aren't impartial, b/c they would have to be neutral.

Which a GOP Senator, Representative, and a state Governor aren't.

Nonetheless, the document was still published, no one in the party has publicly and loudly disputed its contents, and it has been quite accurate so far.

Big deal - direct excerpts - read again what I wrote. The sites at those links are not impartial, and their treatment of the direct excerpts belies their bias.

One example so you know what I am talking about.

12. Make Christianity a national religion: "We support the public display of the Ten Commandments as a reflection of our history and our country’s Judeo-Christian heritage and further affirm the rights of religious students to engage in voluntary prayer at public school events and to have equal access to school facilities."

The quote is correct, but the title is absolute bullshit. Give me a fucking break. Stupid bias crap, as usual.

Last edited:
. . . and if you found the liberal, Clinton-loving, tree-hugger manifesto, most would be just as abjectly offended as I was.

22. Reduce the world population by killing conservatives. The excerpt would have something to do with over-population and world food supply, or reducing carbon emissions.

My guess, is you still don't get my point.

Right back at you Polish-Hammer.

Big deal - direct excerpts - read again what I wrote. The sites at those links are not impartial, and their treatment of the direct excerpts belies their bias.

12. Make Christianity a national religion: "We support the public display of the Ten Commandments as a reflection of our history and our country?s Judeo-Christian heritage and further affirm the rights of religious students to engage in voluntary prayer at public school events and to have equal access to school facilities."

The quote is correct, but the title is absolute bullshit. Give me a fucking break. Stupid bias crap, as usual.

come on man, sure not everyone in the heirarchy's of christian and jewish denominations are in on it, but you can't honestly act like religions are blameless here. they get involved in politics and typically push conservative politics (which benefit them). if they aren't openly doing it in violation of IRS regs, then they do it in a sneaky manner by using "wedge issues" to get involved... abortion, "support" for Israel, opposition to gay marriage and rights, etc.

I went to catholic school for 12 years and saw how they do it on a consistent, low key basis.

12. Make Christianity a national religion: "We support the public display of the Ten C typical.ommandments as a reflection of our history and our country’s Judeo-Christian heritage and further affirm the rights of religious students to engage in voluntary prayer at public school events and to have equal access to school facilities."

I included it only b/c the original .pdf is lengthy, and few would read much if even most of it.

Last edited:
come on man, sure not everyone in the heirarchy's of christian and jewish denominations are in on it, but you can't honestly act like religions are blameless here. they get involved in politics and typically push conservative politics (which benefit them). if they aren't openly doing it in violation of IRS regs, then they do it in a sneaky manner by using "wedge issues" to get involved... abortion, "support" for Israel, opposition to gay marriage and rights, etc.

I went to catholic school for 12 years and saw how they do it on a consistent, low key basis.

Agreed - I wasn't making a comment about them not getting involved and even using wedge issues, I was more commenting on the reasons many of them have about who they vote for being about money and making as much money as possible, not really about the fact that they belong to a religion.

This is the quote that I was mostly responding to:
"How anyone of Jewish faith can associate themselves with, and vote for Republicans, considering their goals and under these circumstances, is a mystery. "

Agreed - I wasn't making a comment about them not getting involved and even using wedge issues, I was more commenting on the reasons many of them have about who they vote for being about money and making as much money as possible, not really about the fact that they belong to a religion.

This is the quote that I was mostly responding to:
"How anyone of Jewish faith can associate themselves with, and vote for Republicans, considering their goals and under these circumstances, is a mystery. "

I don't see where it states that the Torah s/b an elective in public schools....why not? Or any other religious tomes of note. I never spotted even one bible in 9 years while attending parochial schools.

Last edited:
I don't see where it states that the Torah s/b an elective in public schools....why not? Or any other relgious tomes of note. I never spotted even one bible in 9 years while attending parochial schools.

You lost me. I have no idea how this fits your argument or argues against anything I said. Am I missing an argument?

Let me say it still another way:
A huge portion of people including huge numbers of Jewish and Christian voters, vote for whatever makes them the most money - NOT whether their religious goals are being met, or what circumstances we are under. It is no mystery, as you state, is all that I am saying.

You seriously don't get my point?!?

The comment about the biased links was a secondary observation.

You lost me. I have no idea how this fits your argument or argues against anything I said. Am I missing an argument?

Let me say it still another way:
A huge portion of people including huge numbers of Jewish and Christian voters, vote for whatever makes them the most money - NOT whether their religious goals are being met, or what circumstances we are under. It is no mystery, as you state, is all that I am saying.

You seriously don't get my point?!?

The comment about the biased links was a secondary observation.

That part where it states our Judeo-Christian heritage, yet ignores the difference in prayers and holy books @ public schools. It also isn't exactly a secret, that most fundamentalists and evangelicals, and the more extremist portions of other denominations, really do want the establishment of an official and Christian state religion being recognised legally. The FLDS and Jewish beliefs, or any others, not so much. It is all about money with their leadership, but I won't discount other motivations by the followers. If it is about $$, then why are there people of faith who identify with every party, not only R or D? As well as family members including husbands and wives who differ? Could it be an emotional decision, and not a monetary one?

Last edited:
Back