Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Heading to Boston on Thursday

biggunsbob

My wife is running the marathon and she is flying out with a friend on Saturday .. I am riding with my father-in-law starting this Thursday.. So if anyone wants to step in and update the Wings games please by all means go ahead.. Thanks...

Should probably go in the Wings board. Anyway, good luck to your wife. I ran 26.2 feet once..

Yeah I put it over there... Just wanted to let everyone know she is running again after being a quarter of a mile from the finish line last year before it was stopped by the asshole bombers... If I can figure out how to use my laptop in hotel rooms I will post a bit... Worried about connecting to routers..

Thanks on the goodluck... I run to the fridge and pantry a lot now..I am lucky I stay skinny somehow as my wife is a freaking rock now... As far as working out...

Last edited:
Wow, near the bombing. Must have been scary. I will definitely like to hear how she's doing..

I hear there's a pretty cool DSF poster that lives in Boston...I know that if I were going to Boston, I'd by that man a cigar...

Safe travels bob and best wishes to your lady...

Wow, near the bombing. Must have been scary. I will definitely like to hear how she's doing..

Yeah.... I was watching the ticker on the computer from home last year and talking to her dad and he called and sad he thought they should be done and I told him they are probably taking picture and having fun the last mile and then I turned the TV on and said "oh Shit" and called him back... She called right away and then the phones went dead and all we could get through were text messages... 1/4 from the finish line but last 5 miles she was not feeling great and it slowed them down.. Timing was close.... After they stooped he race her friend and her wee on the race course for another 4-6 hours trying to get back to her hotel room... People of Boston were real cool... Giving them sweatshirts and water....

Yeah I put it over there... Just wanted to let everyone know she is running again after being a quarter of a mile from the finish line last year before it was stopped by the asshole bombers... If I can figure out how to use my laptop in hotel rooms I will post a bit... Worried about connecting to routers..

Thanks on the goodluck... I run to the fridge and pantry a lot now..I am lucky I stay skinny somehow as my wife is a freaking rock now... As far as working out...

Client I met with yesterday was flying to Boston today to run again - he was over 25 miles in when bomb went off ...

Back