Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops Injury update

Dawson may have the cast off for Saturday, if not for sure for PSU. That's good news on the health front but I think he's played within himself a lot more since he's had it on, not trying to dribble and do too much.

Costello and Valentine struggled with their health on Sunday, tests revealed nothing except for an ulcer in DV's throat. Izzo was very tough on both of them during the game and it has been suggested that they stayed out too late the night before and may have been hungover. Wouldn't be the 1st time with Denzel, he's a bit of a partier.

saw the same report on the ulcer, good thing it's not mono which is what I thought initially. I'd think that Denzel would be more likely to party than Costello, who would be at home reading the bible

Dawson was laughing and coherent after the game despite being dazed at halftime

Knee surgery for costlello coming soon

i just read that Bess is still in a walking boot, they're being extra cautious with him and hope to have him 100% for next year. Garland did say that he would have been a starter and was clearly the best freshman early on.

now Marvin Clark will be out for 6-8 weeks with some kind of foot injury, this is bad because it's the kind that can linger for much longer than the suggested recovery time

Need a new training regimen/staff. Far too many foot injuries in our program.

Need a new training regimen/staff. Far too many foot injuries in our program.

seems like it. Izzo said last year that he's starting to worry about some kids spending too much time in the gym and their bodies can't take all of the work that they do, starting and stopping on hardwood floors, etc. I think he said something about that after Lavert had surgery last year. Hopefully this isn't a situation like Javon Bess last year

Clark is poised to take a big leap forward IMO, he's got the NBA body and he's improving as an athlete. Hopefully this doesn't set him back too much.

now Marvin Clark will be out for 6-8 weeks with some kind of foot injury, this is bad because it's the kind that can linger for much longer than the suggested recovery time

of course. Im sure valentine will be next. *yawn*

We dont have a Football injury sticky (didnt need one until this year) so ill ask here. Does anyone know the status of Ed Davis getting a redshirt for a 6th year? I wonder when a decision is going to be made.

Schilling is out for at least the opener, maybe more with turf toe.

could easily be more - turf toe can linger and linger and is so easy to exacerbate or re-injure.

it depends on the degree, Tommy Armstrong looked pretty good after missing one game with it

it depends on the degree, Tommy Armstrong looked pretty good after missing one game with it

Sure, but he could probably look decent WITH nagging turf toe against our secondary. Heck, I could probably throw for a couple hundred yards even w/ turf toe against them...

Tum Tum with plantar fasciitis, not good

The injuries to Schilling and Clark are going to kill us tonight, Kansas has 5 good big men and we could have used the extra 10 fouls. Hopefully we can get out and run to wear them down.

Davis staying out of foul trouble early is a key.

The injuries to Schilling and Clark are going to kill us tonight, Kansas has 5 good big men and we could have used the extra 10 fouls. Hopefully we can get out and run to wear them down.

Davis staying out of foul trouble early is a key.

the only positive is that their big men will have to guard our smaller guys on the other end, could create some matchup problems

Back