Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Formatting Posts

tbone413

Ive been meaning to bring this up, but keep forgetting...Not sure if this the correct place to post this question, but hopefully nobody minds..

Anyways, for as long as I can remember there used to be a way to format posts (make text Bold, Italic, Underline, change font size/color, etc.) as well as post hyperlinks (nice for posting websites who have a million characters in them). However, the past 3 months or so, these options have disappeared , and now all I see when I post something are the 'Post Icons' (aka smiley faces)

Are we still able to format our posts? If so, can someone tell me how to do so? usually you can do /u (text) u/ or something like that, to make words underlined, etc. but I cant figure out how to do so on here...

BTW - Ive tried on Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer (just to see if it was a Chrome issue) but no dice either way

Last edited:
YES, I can still bold and underline.

Can't seem to hyperlink though. Edit:

Hyperlink Here

Okay, got it to work. Autoparse seems to be turned off. So bracket like I do below, but add [/url] at the end..

Hyperlink Here

Last edited:
Ahh Okay, I just quoted your post and it looks like '' "text" '[B/]' is Bold, and ' "text" [U/] is underline...

Thanks man

The bold and italic and underline should have clickable buttons so not to do it manually.

See thats what it USED to be for me....i dont have any of those options. Or the little picture icons or whatnot.

I took a screen shot of how it looks on my PC - but I cant add it haha.
Edit - ( I think I can do it with the 'attach files' button, so I'll give that a try.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
That's odd. You should have them. But I believe I heard of others on here that don't as well. Are you on a mobile device by chance? If you are maybe try a PC. I can see those options on both Firefox and Chrome.

Try this.. Go into edit options, in user CP up top. Near the bottom there is an option for Basic, standard or full formatting. Make sure you don't have basic.

Try this.. Go into edit options, in user CP up top. Near the bottom there is an option for Basic, standard or full formatting. Make sure you don't have basic.

That did the trick!! Awesome - thanks man....thats been driving me nuts for a while now haha. No idea why/how it got switched to the 'basic' format..

Back