Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump approval ratings

Statistically the odds are I'll be dead by then.

...and may ya be in Heaven an hour before the devil learns you're dead... (final line of an epic Irish or Scottish poem)..."

I've read that's an Irish poem. both peoples are Celtic though, so maybe, assuming it's old enough, both can taken credit for it.

tying this thought to the current thread, if either of those peoples were ever lead by Trump, we wouldn't know of them today.

Trump blows. Trump is awful. So is Pence and everyone like him.

Maybe you could have "You're all fucked; Glad I'm Dead. LOL" carved on your tombstone? or urn if you plan to be cremated. or in your obituary or read as your eulogy if you plan to have your ashes scattered.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most effective long-term way to reduce healthcare costs would probably be a revenue-neutral tax on low-cost-high-calorie foods to fund healthcare and quality foods for low income families.

Anything under 1 cent per calorie ->10%
Anything under .5 cents per calorie ->25%
Anything under .25 cents per calorie ->50% No more 99 cent, 400 calorie dollar menu burgers.

This is like my plan for fixing all the bad things associated with revenue sports (take it off TV.) I think it would work, but I'd hate to have it implemented.

"low cost high calorie foods..." great, put an even bigger tax burden on the poor. so creative. the Koch Bros and Walmart Kids would love it.

There are few Murkins who can march in lockstep with Trump, most b/c they can't obtain MM $$ loans from foreign creditors, after BK 6x in the US. They also did not win the birth lottery and later use it maliciously to shaft vendors, contractors, and construction companies out of the $$ that they earned by perfoming services for him, in exchange for Official Trump "Recommendations or Referrals". But they can still relate to him in other ways, for example by supporting him and narcissist sociopath snake-oil salespeople like him in the GOP, who still get away with duping his proudly uneducated and beloved rubes into believing that tax-cuts for the wealthy and the global corporate capitalists, will create millions of jobs.

This despite 35 years of hard evidence to the contrary. The only class who has enjoyed a gargantuan increase in annual income in the 7-10 figure range, has been the 01% who, for whatever insanely evil reason, still whine about their onerous tax burdens. And members of the GOP in Congress, have the fucking gall to baldface lie in front of cameras, that we middle-class Murkins also agree that the 01% are overtaxed.

"low cost high calorie foods..." great, put an even bigger tax burden on the poor. so creative. the Koch Bros and Walmart Kids would love it.

That's why I's want to use that revenue to subsidize healthy food, targeted to the poor if possible/practical.

I know you do not think its that simple. The conservatives have been waiting for this moment for a long time. They have every branch right now sadly.

Sadly, conservatives don't have every branch right now - Republicans do, but the ones in control aren't conservative. Conservatives have a few seats on the Supreme Court, some Governorships, a handful of Senate seats and some of the house. The rest is controlled by big government Republicans like McConnell, McCain and Ryan and they're dealing with a opportunist President who up until a couple years ago was a typical NY Democrat.

You say made up nonsense by partisan media, but a lot of us that see things the same way are Republican or Republican-leaning. Romney is not part of the liberal media. McCain is not part of the liberal media.

maybe not, but Romney and especially McCain are establishment Republicans. You can count them among the many Republicans Trump supporters rejected and rebelled against - it wasn't just Rs vs. Ds this cycle. It was a repudiation of the establishment of both parties. Sadly, they rallied behind the wrong guy.

Back