Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs CMU

Pretty terrible first half, but we got the lead back before half. Missing way too many open looks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Haha when I checked the score on espn it said they were down 31-0 at the half...wish I could watch at a bar with no btn

Haha when I checked the score on espn it said they were down 31-0 at the half...wish I could watch at a bar with no btn
At least they're better than the BTN Plus announcers. Those two haven't got Moe's name right in two games. They say "Vagner" with a hard A in stereotypical Chicago accent style.

Duncan can't hit anything tonight. 2/8 all from three and they have been really good, open looks.

W. So many open looks didn't fall tonight, but the W is all that matters.

Wife wanted to watch a movie . Dvr it. Watched ticker. I hope cmu is decent because a 7 point win seems lackluster. Five guys in double figures .. thats something.

I watched the entire game. CMU was extremely lucky and hit a lot of contested shots. Hopefully, they turn out to be good

Felt fortunate that Michigan came out with a W tonight. Michigan looked like crap while CMU was hitting a lot of shots.

Glad I didn't drive down to get the $10 nosebleed seats for Vets. The arena was almost completely empty. About 100 people were in attendance, but you could bet the nazi attendants were still preventing people in the nosebleeds from coming down to the better seats. They could've given away seats to veteran's tonight and still had a ton of empty seats.

Michigan continues to treat their bball fans like shit. Why drive an hour to the game, sit in the nosebleeds, drive an hour home for $20+ bucks when I can sit on my couch and watch the game for free?!?! They need to figure this shit out or they will continue to play in front of empty seats.

I have watched the first half and yeah we played bad but we did miss a lot of open shots. I like Teske so far. Not afraid to shoot the 10-15 footer and hit his free throws. Team seems pretty unselfish. Off to the second half.

Crap Wagner tweaked or twisted a ankle .He shook it off it looks like .

Last edited:
Cmu went scoreless from like the 10 minute mark to around 3:50 in the second half. Just hit a few more of the open shots that were missed and it's a blowout.

Last edited:
It wasn't a blow-out.

Wagner came back and played after twisting his ankle

CMU's pressure and zone defense gave us some problems. Missed a lot of open shots as well. Not surprising for an early season game since we're still building rhythm and chemistry on the offensive end.

Still it looks like another typical Beilein team. So the question becomes who is going to be the star to emerge? Burke, Stauskas, and Walton were the stars that led us on our tourney runs. It looks like the best candidate might be Matthews. I like the combo of Simpson/Simmons at the point. They should be pretty steady I hope. MAAR is who he is. Wagner needs to rely less on his outside shot. Let's see more of those Euro-step style moves to the basket that he's got.

Duncan Robinson still starting on this team irks me. You're telling me a guy like Livers or Watson really can't start over him? He chucks 3s and that's it. If he's not hitting them he's worthless.

That's pretty harsh on Duncan. He's been attacking the rim more than I've seen him do in 2 games compared to all of last year.

Matthews looks like he will be a beast.

That's pretty harsh on Duncan. He's been attacking the rim more than I've seen him do in 2 games compared to all of last year.

Matthews looks like he will be a beast.

Does he finish at the rim? Does he play defense? Does he rebound? A guy of his caliber should not be a starter is all I'm saying. He fits much better as someone who can provide an offensive lift off the bench if the team is struggling to score. Let him get hot and see if he can pop a few shots in.

He brings too little to the table. Not trying to piss on the kid, but I just don't get it.

I dunno, I've been pretty impressed so far in the 2 games he's played as a starter. CMU he didn't shoot that well, but I can tell the improvement he's made in his game.

Quite honestly, I don't know who else can start over him at this point. Maybe someone will develop, but who knows. I wouldn't mind seeing Teske out there with Wagner.

So far I like what I see in Simpson . Zero turnovers in 2 games and last night he was 5 for 7 in his field Goals including 2 of 3 from the three point line. I think Robinson will be fine I agree I wish he was coming off the bench for a spark but maybe the kids are just not ready yet. Mathews looks really decent. I agree I wish Moe would not shoot the three as much but other then Simpson every other player was off from distant last night . I thought Teske was much improved over last season . He hit the soft spot in the zone twice but missed both 10 footers but made his free throws , and had 2 blocks in 10 minutes. His foot work was better. Yeah its verses a mac team so we shall see. I like it when we push the ball. Simmons is going to be a asset for sure this year .

Back