Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Changes with staff coming?

I see some speculation that he may be a QB coach. A couple fans say he'd be a great get in that capacity. A couple CMU fans don't like the way he left.

I see some speculation that he may be a QB coach. A couple fans say he'd be a great get in that capacity. A couple CMU fans don't like the way he left.

Has CMU ever liked the way someone has left? They are a stepping stone and always will be.

Here is his coaching career:

1991-1993 Michigan State (GA)
1994–1995 Lakeland (OC/QB/WR)
1996 Northern Michigan (OC/RB)
1997–1998 Southern Illinois (QB/WR)
1999 Missouri State (OC/QB)
2000–2002 Western Michigan (QB)
2003 North Dakota State (OC/QB)
2004–2005 Cincinnati (QB)
2006 Michigan State (QB)
2007–2009 Michigan State (RB)
2010–2014 Central Michigan
2015–2017 Arkansas (OC/QB)

Arkansas offensive S&P+
2013: 61
2014: 22
2015: 4
2016: 39
2017: 43

Arkansas passing S&P+
2013: 39
2014: 28
2015: 1
2016: 20
2017: 47

Edit: One Razorbacks fan points out they liked the o-line coach they had from 2012-2015. His leaving certainly plays a role here.

Last edited:
Dan Enos has been hired.

WOW! He was our QB for my sophomore and junior year at MSU. I met him at the Gin Mill in Chicago when he was coaching at Southern Illinois - I think he was pretty pumped that someone recognized him because he hung out and talked with us for awhile.

I always hoped he'd come back to MSU in some capacity, possibly eventually grow into Dantonio's successor. I thought the Arkansas job was the kiss of death but glad he's survived the Bielema debacle.

As qb coach or oc? Because if it is oc we are fucked. I just do not think he is that good. Qb coach I can sort of live with. But his play calling was way to predictable.. I guess he will fit in in that regard because so was Drevno's.

Last edited:
Eh, there's just no way to assume one coach will do good or bad with any program until they've had a few years. You just never know how the synergy will work.

Has CMU ever liked the way someone has left? They are a stepping stone and always will be.

Shots fired.

I was on campus when Kelly left. The way he left was gross, and the entire country knew it.

I don't think we really had that much of a problem with the way Butch left.

Other than that, who's really left that's made us upset? Enos didn't move the needle at all, and JB has been there a few years.

I wouldn't be throwing rocks at CMU, especially this season the way Michigan played.

Last edited:
Frustrating as hell Jim can't get anyone better.

Last edited:
Well, most everyone was thrilled about the Pep Hamilton hire(I didn't know who he was) and that turned out horribly. Low expectations may yield better results.

I have to add that I was thrilled at the Nussmeier hire and that also turned out bad. We have no idea if any coordinator or qb coach will play to the strengths of their players or just have a mindset that this is the way it must be(RichRod).

Last edited:
Well, most everyone was thrilled about the Pep Hamilton hire(I didn't know who he was) and that turned out horribly. Low expectations may yield better results.

I have to add that I was thrilled at the Nussmeier hire and that also turned out bad. We have no idea if any coordinator or qb coach will play to the strengths of their players or just have a mindset that this is the way it must be(RichRod).

That's where I am at with coaches. I just do not get excited or disappointed by any name.

Plenty of evidence in it being a underwhelming hire.

Last edited:

yeah... Nussmeier looked like a home run hire at the time.
That's where I am at with coaches. I just do not get excited or disappointed by any name.

I think so many things can affect performance; relations with other coaches, environment, etc. I had assumed he was fired from CMU, but it looks like they were decent his last 3 years, by MAC standards at least. Not sure why he would leave for the Arkansas OC job though. seems like MAC HC -> lower tier Big 5 HC would've been a better career path. going from CMU to HC at a place like Purdue, Rutgers, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, one of the Arizonas, etc.

judging from physical appearances only... Enos looks like a nice, decent guy. He looks like a "level-headed suburban dad" not an "arrogant former jock." maybe it's because he wears glasses in most pics.

hope he ditches the visor though. sometimes that can be a sign of general prick-ness.

not as serious of an indicator as a Dumbass Beard though. so that's good.

judging from physical appearances only... Enos looks like a nice, decent guy. He looks like a "level-headed suburban dad" not an "arrogant former jock." maybe it's because he wears glasses in most pics.

hope he ditches the visor though. sometimes that can be a sign of general prick-ness.

not as serious of an indicator as a Dumbass Beard though. so that's good.

Well, he was a quarterback.

Back