Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Free Agency

https://mobile.twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/951563864189095936

Le'Veon Bell told @ESPN he might sit out 2018 or retire if franchise tagged again

Just leverage. The guy is 25 years old, coming off an all pro season, it is set to get a contract that will set him for the rest of his life. That's hard to walk away from for anyone. However, if Pittsburgh wants to let him test the market, I'm sure Detroit would be a very willing buyer.

Just leverage. The guy is 25 years old, coming off an all pro season, it is set to get a contract that will set him for the rest of his life. That's hard to walk away from for anyone. However, if Pittsburgh wants to let him test the market, I'm sure Detroit would be a very willing buyer.

Last I saw they were offering just two years.. 14-15m per year. He's probably fine with the money but not with the years.. Being a RB I'd want more years as well.

Last I saw they were offering just two years.. 14-15m per year. He's probably fine with the money but not with the years.. Being a RB I'd want more years as well.

All I would worry about is the guaranteed money...not the years. The NFL isn't like other sports where contracts are guaranteed.

Right now Devana Freeman is the highest paid RB in the league. He got a 5 year $41M contract but only $22M is guaranteed.

All I would worry about is the guaranteed money...not the years. The NFL isn't like other sports where contracts are guaranteed.

Right now Devana Freeman is the highest paid RB in the league. He got a 5 year $41M contract but only $22M is guaranteed.

True. But even if Bell was offered 15m x 2 - all guaranteed I bet he wouldn't accept it. If Freeman is getting 22m guaranteed Bell should get about a billion.

Just out of curiosity for you money/contract guys, what do you believe it would cost and would it be possible to get both Poe and Joeckel?

Just out of curiosity for you money/contract guys, what do you believe it would cost and would it be possible to get both Poe and Joeckel?

Not sure about years but Poe wanted 10m this past season before he signed a 1 yr. 8m deal. Joeckel is hard to know, he's has injuries over the years. I wouldn't overpay for him.

Not a money guy though.

Last edited:

Anything is possible if they don't resign ansah.

Malcolm Butler would have been interesting in FA.

Got caught with weed and curfew apparently before the big game and got benched. Beyond stupid in a FA year if true.

Also it's funny his replacement Eric Rowe (former 2nd round pick by Eagles by Chip Kelly) got torched and a big reason the Eagles won that game. That trade didnt' work out for Pats too well.

Butler will get a look here in Detroit. A Slay/Butler pairing with Lawson in the slot and Diggs and Quin at S?

Yes Please!!!!

Butler would slide right in without having to learn the system.

Back