Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Government Shut Down

jwlcosu

1. Does anyone give a shit?

2. Are furloughed workers required to take vacation during the shutdown in order to be paid or do they just get paid anyway (i.e. not required to use vacation)?

2. Are furloughed workers required to take vacation during the shutdown in order to be paid or do they just get paid anyway (i.e. not required to use vacation)?

If it works like other furloughs I have seen, they just get paid anyway. No PTO needs to be used.

Read a headline (didn't have time to click on it, gone when I did) that some senators tried to pass a bill to guarantee military pay and death benefits during the shutdown and McConnell told them to fuck off. Any truth to that or is that liberal spin?

Read a headline (didn't have time to click on it, gone when I did) that some senators tried to pass a bill to guarantee military pay and death benefits during the shutdown and McConnell told them to fuck off. Any truth to that or is that liberal spin?

That was stated in Schumer's speech this morning, but hard to know if it is true. My guess is that isn't the whole story and the truth lies somewhere between all the rhetoric.

Here is my question - who is going to get blamed for the shutdown. Trump?

Nope. Even dear Leader agrees:

BqkCOZ.png

ibZTCk.png

That was stated in Schumer's speech this morning, but hard to know if it is true. My guess is that isn't the whole story and the truth lies somewhere between all the rhetoric.

I figured as much, which is why I asked before getting out my pitchfork and torch.

Well there you go. Is this Trump taking the heat for the Democrats and the Republicans? Had to laugh.

Macaskill democrat who voted with republicans and maybe some others tired to pass military spending bill after the shutdown .

McConnell said no. It all looked procedural to me. I didn't see him say fuck you anywhere .

Last edited:

1) I do!
2) Don't know, but I suspect it is different for different groups of workers. No way any impacted contractors are getting paid without working or burning vacation.

Back