Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Republican Nominee 2012

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]obama at least has the economy turned around in the right direction. We're back to growing jobs again and unemployment has plateaued and (from what i've read) is expected to start turning around because of the job growth.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/privatejobs_mar11.jpg

if the republicans weren't so god damn stupid and passed obama's job bill, it'd give the jobs an even bigger kick in the ass. get rid of NAFTA (waiting for obama to act on this) and we'd probably be back to what we were about ten years ago.

The funniest part about that is most all of those were republican ideas until Obama put them into a jobs bill. Then they voted them down.

...when you vote down your own ideas....then what the fuck do you believe in?

I chuckle when some of you say Obama has the 2012 election "locked up". His approval rating has been on a steady decline, and thinking killing Bin Laden will win him re-election is quite comical (I give Obama, high marks on terrorism. He has done a great job.).

Sadly, Romney will be most likely be given the Republican nomination. He's just another politician.

Ron Paul is the only man who can change this country for the better. Vote Paul in and reduce government, the center of all our problems.

they believe in running to the aid of their donors. they see the 99% and they see that Obama is starting to put his foot down (instead of being a pussy like he's been for the last three years). They're scared. If they show any kind of approval of something he says or does, they'll basically hand him the second term. However, Obama is going to absolutely destroy them in debates now. "What? Jobs were created in my first term, but you kept stepping on my feet when I tried to put the firefighters, cops, and teachers back to work!" Gamer Over.

MSUspartan said:
I chuckle when some of you say Obama has the 2012 election "locked up". His approval rating has been on a steady decline, and thinking killing Bin Laden will win him re-election is quit comical (I give Obama, high marks on terrorism. He has done a great job.).

Sadly, Romney will be most likely be given the Republican nomination. He's just another politician.

Ron Paul is the only man who can change this country for the better. Vote Paul in and reduce government, the center of all our problems.

vote Paul in....the guy won't be around after New Hampshire

i don't understand why everyone is so in love with ron paul. i agree with him on his views of staying out of the middle east's business, but ending the fed? That would never pass. 0 chance. Most of his other ideas that Ron Paul supporters love so much also have ZERO chance of passing. That said...we'd have a president in office that would veto every single bill that hits his desk.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]i don't understand why everyone is so in love with ron paul. i agree with him on his views of staying out of the middle east's business, but ending the fed? That would never pass. 0 chance. Most of his other ideas that Ron Paul supporters love so much also have ZERO chance of passing. That said...we'd have a president in office that would veto every single bill that hits his desk.

Paul knows he has NO chance of winning....he just gets in so that his ideas get a chance to be debated....

the guy has wanted to impeach the last 3 Presidents...lol

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]i don't understand why everyone is so in love with ron paul. i agree with him on his views of staying out of the middle east's business, but ending the fed? That would never pass. 0 chance. Most of his other ideas that Ron Paul supporters love so much also have ZERO chance of passing. That said...we'd have a president in office that would veto every single bill that hits his desk.

What do you like about the FED, and its benefits? Read up on its negatives.

Our country has fallen into a comfort of having things we do not need.

MSUspartan said:
[color=#FF6103 said:

whether i like it or not, there is no chance the fed is thrown out. Ron Paul can say this all he wants to, but he'll have very little support from Washington.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
MSUspartan said:

whether i like it or not, there is no chance the fed is thrown out. Ron Paul can say this all he wants to, but he'll have very little support from Washington.

Yes, you are correct. That's only because Washington is out of control. Congress has an approval rating like 20% so of course they wouldn't agree with Paul, instead they prefer the opposite. Democrats are far left and Republicans are far right...they only care about re-election. Ron Paul is the answer. Just because it has 0% chance doesn't mean it is the wrong action.

-Pull our troops out of the 150+ nations we are in

-Protect our southern border/eliminate birth right citizenship, end aid to illegals. SPEND THAT MONEY ON OUR OWN PEOPLE!. It makes so much sense.

-Let's drill!!!, use nuclear energy and eliminate the national tax on gas. ENERGY PRICES INCREASE THE PRICE OF EVERYTHING!.

-Let's balance the budget!

How can anyone disagree with these statements?

*The CAPS aren't used to "yell" just emphasis.

MSUspartan said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

Yes, you are correct. That's only because Washington is out of control. Democrats are far left and Republicans are far right...they only care about re-election. Ron Paul is the answer.

-Protect our southern border/eliminate birth right citizenship, end aid to illegals. SPEND THAT MONEY ON OUR OWN PEOPLE!. It makes so much sense.

-Let's drill!!!, use nuclear energy and eliminate the national tax on gas. ENERGY PRICES INCREASE THE PRICE OF EVERYTHING!.

Actually I disagree. Most dems nowadays are more centrist in nature...somewhere around where republicans used to be. No one knows where the hell republicans nowadays fall on the spectrum. They all contradict each other, slam each other, and rarely make sense. They went so far off the spetrum I think they started an entiely new one lol. Dont believe me....try sitting thru a rep debate. If you missed them no worries....they have atleast 11 more scheduled. No, im not kidding.

mhughes0021 said:
MSUspartan said:
Yes, you are correct. That's only because Washington is out of control. Democrats are far left and Republicans are far right...they only care about re-election. Ron Paul is the answer.

Actually I disagree. Most dems nowadays are more centrist in nature...somewhere around where republicans used to be. No one knows where the hell republicans nowadays fall on the spectrum. They all contradict each other, slam each other, and rarely make sense. They went so far off the spetrum I think they started an entiely new one lol. Dont believe me....try sitting thru a rep debate. If you missed them no worries....they have atleast 11 more scheduled. No, im not kidding.

You are half right, Republicans are not exactly what they used to be, but neither are Democrats. Both annoy the fuck out of me. I am more of a Libertarian. I enjoy John Stossel and wait for it..........

...... Glenn Beck! Uh oh!

MichChamp02 said:
MSUspartan said:
...... Glenn Beck! Uh oh!

No surprise there.

The rambling, incoherent, self-contradicting rants give you away.

Self-contradicting? Learn what a word means before you use it. I have had ONE stance.

Nice attempt at trying to sound smart. Your responses humor me.

Obama cant Poll above 45% against anyone..undecided voters will go with the challenger...Obama's been a failure and all he can come up with is spending more money we don't have

smayschmouthfootball said:
It will be Romney, but I wish it was Ron Paul, if not only to discover the true fabric and opinion of the voters in this country. Do we want to govern ourselves or not? That match-up would answer that question.

I agree.

Romney is the placeholder in this election; he wins the nomination by default, since he's not borderline insane, has the most money & connections, and can stand at a podium and speak English clearly...

LMAO, MC02!!

tsmith7559 said:
Obama cant Poll above 45% against anyone..undecided voters will go with the challenger...Obama's been a failure and all he can come up with is spending more money we don't have

?

His jobs bill is paid for, but conservatives won't touch their friends in the top income bracket. Call it liberal speak all you want, but you sound like an o'reilly clone. The rich have made it clear, ship jobs out of the country, don't waste money investing in the u.s., and cheat customers out of money however possible. If they aren't helping, why the fuck should we turn the other cheek? Go back to the clinton era taxes. The rich weren't suffering then either.

Glenn Beck is a shock jock basehead who found Jesus (and His Lost Tribe of Latter Day Saints) and changed his act from douche bag wacky radio guy to douche bag maniacal cable tv guy.

And as a loser liberal arts Philosophy degree holder, University of Michigan, I take offense at the way Libertarianism is tossed around so loosely by ass clowns like Dennis Miller, Bill O'Reilly & Sean Hannity.

TheVictors03 said:
Glenn Beck is a shock jock basehead who found Jesus (and His Lost Tribe of Latter Day Saints) and changed his act from douche bag wacky radio guy to douche bag maniacal cable tv guy.

And as a loser liberal arts Philosophy degree holder, University of Michigan, I take offense at the way Libertarianism is tossed around so loosely by ass clowns like Dennis Miller, Bill O'Reilly & Sean Hannity.

If the announcement of your degree is towards me, I have no issue with liberal arts degrees, especially one from a fine institution such as UM.

Neither of these are Libertarians. I cannot stand Hannity, he is the crazy one, not Beck. Beck may say some controversial things once in a while (who doesn't), but his Libertarian beliefs are right on.

We've been over this before... Beck is not crazy. He is an actor playing crazy for not-very-intelligent, borderline personality types. He knows they are befuddled and confused by the events they see on TV, so he peddles them a bunch of easy answers that touch all their trigger points: xenophobia, racism, misdirected class warfare (those EVIL elitist college professors and students that you hate so much).

It used to annoy me to encounter people that actually considered themselves informed because they watch his clown show, but I realized the proper thing to do is just smile, pat them on the back, and discuss simple things until they leave. Then you can go back to having an adult conversation about politics.

So, MSUSpartan... ya like football eh? You guys got a solid squad this year.

I never claimed Hannity is a Libertarian, I'm saying the ass clown misuses the term. Guys like Dennis Miller and Glenn Beck claim to be Libertarian because it sounds cool and impressive and Tea Party types don't know what it means anyways.

Back