Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Obama will win re-election

Of the independents, my beef is only with Lieberman. Hence why he is the only independent I referenced on why the supermajority wasn't really a supermajority.

He will most likely support a Republican Shays when he retires. Republicans support him more so than democrats http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2011/10/lieberman-prais.php

He was for the extension of the bush tax cuts. http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/09/lieberman-organizing-against-obama-on-bush-tax-cuts.php

He endorsed Mccain in the most recent presidential election.

And basically all of this: http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Lieberman_Joe

hockeywings said:
Of the independents, my beef is only with Lieberman. Hence why he is the only independent I referenced on why the supermajority wasn't really a supermajority.

He will most likely support a Republican Shays when he retires. Republicans support him more so than democrats http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2011/10/lieberman-prais.php

He was for the extension of the bush tax cuts. http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/09/lieberman-organizing-against-obama-on-bush-tax-cuts.php

He endorsed Mccain in the most recent presidential election.

And basically all of this: http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Lieberman_Joe

He endorsed McCain because he knew to well what Obama was all about

hockeywings said:
or he is an independent and doesn't follow either party line. Jesus, think man.

he was your fucking VP nominee, LOL, he's a Dem who saw through Obama....he's a smart Dem, a rare breed...swallow the fact

tsmith7559 said:
hockeywings said:
or he is an independent and doesn't follow either party line. Jesus, think man.

he was your fucking VP nominee, LOL, he's a Dem who saw through Obama....he's a smart Dem, a rare breed...swallow the fact

He was GORES VP nominee...not the party's.

The party rejected him in 2004 when he ran for the top slot , and then in 2006 the Dem voters in his own state rejected him as he lost the primary for his seat in the Senate...He had to run as a 3rd party candidate to win it back.

The Dems then threatened to boot his ass out after he backed McCain in 2008 , he then kissd Reids ass to retain his 2 committee Chair Chairmanships....He's done anyway.

Lieberman is a scum-sucking washington career politician.

He was a hawk on foreign policy, pro-israel, pro-invade-and-occupy other countries indefinitely senator, and he lost the democratic primary in his state because of it.

he only became an independent so he could run in the election and retain his seat. since then, he's been anti-democrat out of spite.

tycobb420 said:
johnny2x2x said:
Vegas, which is about as nonpartisan as you can get when it comes to taking bets and making money has Obama as a solid favorite to be reelected.

It's likely to be Romney vs Obama and Romney faces an uphill battle according to oddsmakers, he's a 4-1 underdog to become President.

Every important indicator in the polls are in the wrong direction. Using historical data, Obama has little to no chance. To use a sports analogy, Obama's numbers are a lot like the Lions defensive statistics in the 0-16 season. Vegas is irrelevant. They aren't political scientists or historians.

Important indicators like what? With a sample size of 2(Carter and Bush I) in the last 50 years? I know it's hard for any FOX viewer to imagine, but Obama will probably win reelection and Dems will gain seats in the House.

Obama WILL win re-election.

Here's what this means in practice:

- since Obama & his policies have been basically center-right, Wall Street & dept. of defense friendly, don't expect much to change.

- We'll keep our expensive presence in the Middle East, and our massively bloated defense budget. Social spending, i.e. medicare, medicaid, and social security will continue to be cut/eroded. Spending on other programs: research, regulatory enforcement (SEC, EPA, etc.) will probably stay stagnant, if not get cut.

- Republicans & the retards in the Tea Party will continue to scream bloody murder that taxes and spending are too high, even though they aren't, and haven't been since before Reagan. Even if you point out the GODDAMN tax rates to them, and compare them to what they've been in the past, they'll just wander away from you and go complain to someone else.

- Big Business, the US Chamber of Commerce, Business Roundtable, etc. will continue to scream bloody murder that government regulation is "stifling" business. Meanwhile, they will continue to pollute, fire workers whenever they want, trample over unions, and keep hoarding their record amounts of cash, while executive pay soars.

- Right-wing talk show hosts peddling "doomsday" talk of gay-communist-islamist-UN sponsored takeovers will continue to profit mightily, while their advertisers peddling gold, bomb-shelters, ammunition etc. will also do well.

- The NRA will continue to rake in the BIG $$$, because even though gun ownership rights have EXPANDED under Obama, both by state action, and direct action by him (signing the bill allowing you to carry in Federal parks), he's "TRYING TO TAKE YOUR GUUUUUUUUUUUUNS!!!!111"

^ +1

This is why I wont vote for Obama. He's just more of the same. He's not even the slightest left of center on 95% of the issues.

johnny2x2x said:
^ +1

This is why I wont vote for Obama. He's just more of the same. He's not even the slightest left of center on 95% of the issues.

you can't govern on the left in the USA....Clinton even went to the center.....Carter refused to and got his ass handed to him.

Obama found it out the first year in office.

The United States is a Center Right country.

MichChamp02 said:

- since Obama & his policies have been basically center-right, Wall Street & dept. of defense friendly, don't expect much to change.

- We'll keep our expensive presence in the Middle East, and our massively bloated defense budget. Social spending, i.e. medicare, medicaid, and social security will continue to be cut/eroded. Spending on other programs: research, regulatory enforcement (SEC, EPA, etc.) will probably stay stagnant, if not get cut.

- Republicans & the retards in the Tea Party will continue to scream bloody murder that taxes and spending are too high, even though they aren't, and haven't been since before Reagan. Even if you point out the GODDAMN tax rates to them, and compare them to what they've been in the past, they'll just wander away from you and go complain to someone else.

- Big Business, the US Chamber of Commerce, Business Roundtable, etc. will continue to scream bloody murder that government regulation is "stifling" business. Meanwhile, they will continue to pollute, fire workers whenever they want, trample over unions, and keep hoarding their record amounts of cash, while executive pay soars.

- Right-wing talk show hosts peddling "doomsday" talk of gay-communist-islamist-UN sponsored takeovers will continue to profit mightily, while their advertisers peddling gold, bomb-shelters, ammunition etc. will also do well.

- The NRA will continue to rake in the BIG $$$, because even though gun ownership rights have EXPANDED under Obama, both by state action, and direct action by him (signing the bill allowing you to carry in Federal parks), he's "TRYING TO TAKE YOUR GUUUUUUUUUUUUNS!!!!111"

LOL, right of center, LOL, spending isnt high, LOL, Obama most Liberal Senator in the Senate......how much higher do you want the annual deficit, it is around $1.6 Trillion currently...good grief study up boy

tsmith7559 said:
MichChamp02 said:

LOL, right of center, LOL, spending isnt high, LOL, Obama most Liberal Senator in the Senate......how much higher do you want the annual deficit, it is around $1.6 Trillion currently...good grief study up boy

relax Old Man you'll be fucking either dead or won't know your name and where you are in 10 years.

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:

relax Old Man you'll be fucking either dead or won't know your name and where you are in 10 years.

relax? I do that everyday........I didnt post the full page BS

tsmith7559 said:
SLICK said:

good to hear...like I said you probably got 8 - 10 good years left , after that you'll be wearing a diaper and staring out a window at a tree.

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:

good to hear...like I said you probably got 8 - 10 good years left , after that you'll be wearing a diaper and staring out a window at a tree.

I guarantee I'm in better shape than you slick

tsmith7559 said:
SLICK said:

I guarantee I'm in better shape than you slick

that I seriously doubt ya old fuck...I'll be at the Carolina game

sec 114 row 8 seat 3...pop on by

Back