Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rick Perry The Gift That Keeps On Giving

tsmith7559 said:
SLICK said:
He is..got 2 buddies who were out of work for 1 year and change over there and both just got hired recently on a roads project.

great.. I'm happy for those 2....sad for the 390,000 that just filed for 1st time unemployment benefits, 2 years into "the recovery"

lol....educate yourself slappy...the number has fallen for 4 straight weeks....once the number is under 400 grand the trend is to the job market hiring...not staying stagnant.

throw out your numbers without explaining what they mean...like a true conservative.

smack right in the jaw again.....

Putting a panel of candidates on a stage to discuss complex issues like this is about the worst way to find out what they are really all about. But we are too disinterested to delve deep into these issues, so we get Political Jeopardy.

What are the three departments I would cut?"

The Department of Redundancy Department, The Department of Talking Points and The Department of Insignificant Differences.

smayschmouthfootball said:
Putting a panel of candidates on a stage to discuss complex issues like this is about the worst way to find out what they are really all about. But we are too disinterested to delve deep into these issues, so we get Political Jeopardy.

The Department of Redundancy Department, The Department of Talking Points and The Department of Insignificant Differences.

I guess... all we're looking for is a candidate who can at the very least remember those talking points and not fumble through them on stage, say stupid things, make verbal gaffs, and insult other foreign leaders with rhetoric.

Is that too much to ask?

MichChamp02 said:
smayschmouthfootball said:

I guess... all we're looking for is a candidate who can at the very least remember those talking points and not fumble through them on stage, say stupid things, make verbal gaffs, and insult other foreign leaders with rhetoric.

Is that too much to ask?

There is one person on that stage who passes that requirement, but he's too honest to get elected.

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:
great.. I'm happy for those 2....sad for the 390,000 that just filed for 1st time unemployment benefits, 2 years into "the recovery"

lol....educate yourself slappy...the number has fallen for 4 straight weeks....once the number is under 400 grand the trend is to the job market hiring...not staying stagnant.

throw out your numbers without explaining what they mean...like a true conservative.

smack right in the jaw again.....

actually it was 397,000.....you need less than 375,000 to signal anything close to any type of sustained job growth

tsmith7559 said:
DR said:
I watched the first half hour or so, laughed when Romney was having a hypothetical conversation talking about bonuses..."democrats act like it's a bad thing if american companies make a profit. i ask them where they think the profit goes. they say, to pay the excecutives big bonuses. No! Profit is money that's left over after the ceo's are paid"

Oh, so you're saying the ceo's get their bonuses whether the company makes money or not? Great point, dipshit!

He went on to talk about how the profit is then used to grow the business and create new jobs, but I thought that part was pretty funny.

see Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac, we gave them $160 B and there asking for another $8...they just game millions in bonuses. Private companies can do whatever they like with their money

What does Fannie and Freddie Mac have to do with Romney saying something stupid?

DR said:
tsmith7559 said:
see Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac, we gave them $160 B and there asking for another $8...they just game millions in bonuses. Private companies can do whatever they like with their money

What does Fannie and Freddie Mac have to do with Romney saying something stupid?

???? to each his own

Back