Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

uh oh newt!

wow, tsmith, really are the most transparent partisan hack I've ever seen.

here gingrich lobbies on behalf of a HATED GOVERNMENT ENTITY, and you fall all over yourself to spin it? Why? I mean, if Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are really that bad, you should be upset with the candidate who'd take money from them to lobby on their behalf, not find a way to defend what he did. I mean, it's still the primaries... you can still vote for another GOP candidate who DIDN'T do the same thing.

Gingrich could crumple up the American flag and piss on it and you'd say he only did it to show he loves america more than Obama.

tsmith7559 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]If this was anyone else...I wouldn't be suspicious. Newt has already had ethics violations thrown against him. His personal life is as unethical as his politics. Why any republican (that still believe in family values) would want this guy as their president boggles my mind. Mitt Romney is the only republican that stands a chance at beating Obama. If you righties don't get behind him, you're going to see Obama's illegal alien face in the white house for 4 more years.

Why do Libs even care about ethical values?? Do you have any values?
Your party is based on no values. You want religion out anywhere you can because it is a direct conflict with your party.
Conflicts with Abortion, Gay marriage, personal responsibility.
Bill Clinton is your hero....Jennifer Flowers, Kathleen Wiley, Anita Broderick, Monica Lewinsky, all during his 8 years, give me a break and stuff your values and certainly dont lecture republicans who does/doesnt have values

Bullshit, just because we don't blindly back antiquated values does not mean we don't have any.

Democrats have always been at the front when it comes to human rights, science, the environment, and peace.

Just because we don't believe the earth is only 6000 years old, and that kids should not have to pray in school does not mean we don't have values, just that they are different from yours.

Besides, I'm so tired of hearing Republicans use the "Family Values" bit, when they tend to violate it more than anyone else.

tsmith7559 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]If this was anyone else...I wouldn't be suspicious. Newt has already had ethics violations thrown against him. His personal life is as unethical as his politics. Why any republican (that still believe in family values) would want this guy as their president boggles my mind. Mitt Romney is the only republican that stands a chance at beating Obama. If you righties don't get behind him, you're going to see Obama's illegal alien face in the white house for 4 more years.

Your party is based on no values. You want religion out anywhere you can because it is a direct conflict with your party.
Bill Clinton is your hero....Jennifer Flowers, Kathleen Wiley, Anita Broderick, Monica Lewinsky, all during his 8 years, give me a break and stuff your values and certainly dont lecture republicans who does/doesnt have values

cause religion is dumb? you can start a whole nother thread if you want to debate this....

MichChamp02 said:
wow, tsmith, really are the most transparent partisan hack I've ever seen.

here gingrich lobbies on behalf of a HATED GOVERNMENT ENTITY, and you fall all over yourself to spin it? Why? I mean, if Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are really that bad, you should be upset with the candidate who'd take money from them to lobby on their behalf, not find a way to defend what he did. I mean, it's still the primaries... you can still vote for another GOP candidate who DIDN'T do the same thing.

Gingrich could crumple up the American flag and piss on it and you'd say he only did it to show he loves america more than Obama.

How can you jump to the conclusion he was lobbying...he said he doesnt and Freddic Mac says he wasn't

MI_Thumb said:
tsmith7559 said:

Bullshit, just because we don't blindly back antiquated values does not mean we don't have any.

Democrats have always been at the front when it comes to human rights, science, the environment, and peace.

Just because we don't believe the earth is only 6000 years old, and that kids should not have to pray in school does not mean we don't have values, just that they are different from yours.

Besides, I'm so tired of hearing Republicans use the "Family Values" bit, when they tend to violate it more than anyone else.

Peace?.... WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam...all started by Democrats

how are your values derived?
Human rights? explain how Dems are out in front on that one

I thought the Germans started WWII when they bombed Pearl Harbor.

tsmith7559 said:
MI_Thumb said:

Just LOL.

WWI started with the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, we got involved after Germany sank several of our merchant fleet ships.

WWII started when Nazi Germany invaded Poland, and declared war upon France and Great Britain, we got involved after Japan attacked us under a flag of truce, and Germany declared war on us.

The Korean War was a police action, sponsored by the U.N.

Vietnam, was initiated by Eisenhower in 1957 when he pledged the United States would aid South Vietnam.

Don't be afraid to crack open a history book you fucking dullard.

elrod said:
SLICK said:
the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor......lol

c'mon dude.

That's from Animal House...you've never seen it Slick?

lol...that speech was some of the funniest shit in the movie too.

i was about to go off on the dumbass post of saying about our entrance into WWI & WWII, but someone beat me to it. C'mon...were we supposed to just fucking surrender after the bombing?

MI_Thumb said:
tsmith7559 said:

Just LOL.

WWI started with the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, we got involved after Germany sank several of our merchant fleet ships.

WWII started when Nazi Germany invaded Poland, and declared war upon France and Great Britain, we got involved after Japan attacked us under a flag of truce, and Germany declared war on us.

Vietnam, was initiated by Eisenhower in 1957 when he pledged the United States would aid South Vietnam.

LOL...
we had no business in WWI..what was our threat?

we were supplying Britain in WWII, we were heavy involved

Korea was outside of our national interest, we took the lead in Military actions, we had no business there.

If you want to go back prior to troops being deployed to Vietnam we can blame Truman for sending Military Bombers/aids/support to help the French in early 50's. However, lets get reel Kennedy/Johnson committed the troops.

maybe your history books are a little off

tsmith7559 said:
MI_Thumb said:
Just LOL.

LOL...
we had no business in WWI..what was our threat?

we were supplying Britain in WWII, we were heavy involved

Korea was outside of our national interest, we took the lead in Military actions, we had no business there.

If you want to go back prior to troops being deployed to Vietnam we can blame Truman for sending Military Bombers/aids/support to help the French in early 50's. However, lets get reel Kennedy/Johnson committed the troops.

maybe your history books are a little off

WWI - as posted, Germany attacked our merchant fleet, hard to export goods when your atlantic merchant ships are being sunk, the threat was to out already weak economy.

WWII - We supplied England, so what? again we had the right to do this, it supported our economy.

Korea - no business there? The U.N. started that police action, and we were heavily invested because it was a national security issue, attempting to halt the spread of communism in favor of democracy. you tried to use this argument to support the war in Iraq, but now pretend it means nothing? two-faced old fart.

Vietnam, yep Kennedy and Johnson committed the ground forces.

But back to your first post about it, you said Democrats started all these wars, they didn't start any of them, so my history books are just fine.

You're still stupid.

Back