Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Winter is here...

Yes but why is episode 1 always a story telling on and no real action.
Man it was ok and at least the invisible one made a mark lol !!!!

By the invisible one you mean the one without a face?

I thought there was a lot of action in that scene.

I binged watched the first six seasons over the course of about a week last month. I have never seen it before.

Arya Stark and Lyanna Mormont are going to steal the show lol. Love the attitudes.

Only thing that surprised me was jorah. I wonder if his greyscale is under control. He's obviously locked up because they want to keep him separated from people.

By the invisible one you mean the one without a face?

I thought there was a lot of action in that scene.

I binged watched the first six seasons over the course of about a week last month. I have never seen it before.

It's crazy, right? Read the books, too. There is so much story that this series hasn't been able to get to.

I don't mind the lack of 'action' when they touch on so many stories.

Dany/Tyrion
Jon/Sansa/Littlefinger
Sam/Gilly
Cersei/Jaime
Arya/Freys
Hound/Lord of Light fanatics
Bran/Three Eyed Raven

They really touched on everything but Sand Snakes and Gendry. Can't have giant battles without leaving out important story lines and for an opening episodes, I feel they shouldn't leave the audience saying "What about _____, what are they up to?"

It's crazy, right? Read the books, too. There is so much story that this series hasn't been able to get to.

In the books, Jon Snow turns out to actually be the Mother of Dragons' nephew; the son of her brother older than Viserys, who was already dead in the back story; eldest child of the mad King, is what I'm hearing in the media from viewers of the series who have also read the books...is that the case?

In Champ's defense, there was a 3 minute scene dedicated soley to shit, piss, bedpans, and toilets in the season premiere. He isn't that far off.

That was actually a pretty good scene; it was shit, piss, bedpans, and toilets...and books. Pretty good depiction of grad school.

HarbaughWhiteWalker-667x372.jpg

In the books, Jon Snow turns out to actually be the Mother of Dragons' nephew; the son of her brother older than Viserys, who was already dead in the back story; eldest child of the mad King, is what I'm hearing in the media from viewers of the series who have also read the books...is that the case?

None of that has happened in the books yet. The show is further ahead.

For fuck's sake, stop posting here if you don't care about the show. Half the thread is nonsense.

For fuck's sake, stop posting here if you don't care about the show. Half the thread is nonsense.

Thank you!

I stopped posting in it because of all the shit-posting going on

Removed all shit posts and non GoT posts. If you guys want to shit talk the series, start a new thread.

Hey new episode tonight and I for one am super looking forward to it.

I loved the last one with the new alliance of Jon Snow and the mother of dragons and the wee little Lannister fuck.

As the king of the Media board, I think I'm going to start a different thread for the likes of those went to shit all over Game of Thrones to go Ahead and do it by virtue of the decree of monster, who sits on the iron throne of all boards.

I hope nothing I did on this thread have a chilling effect on people posting to it-again I binged watched Game of Thrones just before the beginning of this new season and I loved it.

Last edited:
The final words spoken in the last 2 minutes of this weeks episode:

"Run you idiot"
"You idiot"
"You fucking IDIOT"

Oh and Arya Stark and her reply about who taught her that; "No one".

The final words spoken in the last 2 minutes of this weeks episode:

"Run you idiot"
"You idiot"
"You fucking IDIOT"

Oh and Arya Stark and her reply about who taught her that; "No one".

It's complicated.

The wee fuck still loves his brother, who saved his life nevertheless.

And no one taught Arya; I think it was the pretty much the first encounter of Arya with her little brother Bran since the pilot.

Arya had taught herself to be a better archeress than Bran even in the backstory before the first episode.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3XH9Ti0wKbs

I think the dagger-I forget the name of the steel-I'm just gonna steal from X-Men and call it adamantium-I think the dagger it's going to be a significant story point going forward.

Arya will either defend Bran with it, or regret not leaving it with Bran to defend himself.

Last edited:
I have to say I was a little disappointed by the lack of emotion between aria and bran after having been separated for so many years as adolescence and finally reconnecting as young adults.

Despite their wee sibling rivalry I felt the two kids fairly close in age to each other had a bond in the first episode and their separation would have been devastating and their reunification would have been of more much more substance than what is shown.

Last edited:
I have to say I was a little disappointed by the lack of emotion between aria and bran after having been separated for so many years as adolescence and finally reconnecting as young adults.

Despite their wee sibling rivalry I felt the two kids fairly close in age to each other had a bond in the first episode and their separation would have been devastating and their reunification would have been of more much more substance than what is shown.

Yeah, but Bran is all fucked up now. Being the three eye raven has drained him of all emotion. I agree though, i hope the books handle him differently.

It's complicated.

The wee fuck still loves his brother, who saved his life nevertheless.

And no one taught Arya; I think it was the pretty much the first encounter of Arya with her little brother Bran since the pilot.

Arya had taught herself to be a better archeress than Bran even in the backstory before the first episode.

I think the dagger-I forget the name of the steel-I'm just gonna steal from X-Men and call it adamantium-I think the dagger it's going to be a significant story point going forward.

Arya will either defend Bran with it, or regret not leaving it with Bran to defend himself.

This is no one:
w0MpEsuB.jpg

The Valerian Steel dagger that the assassin tried to kill Bran with once belonged to Littlefinger, and also Tyrion. But I'm guessing Littlefinger gave it to Cersei, and Bran will learn that....so will Arya.

Yeah, but Bran is all fucked up now. Being the three eye raven has drained him of all emotion. I agree though, i hope the books handle him differently.

I'm wondering how long it will take for him to spill the beans about what happened with Jon's true parents.

Back