Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harrison, Matthews, Peppers and Neal Must Speak on PED usage or face suspension

tbone413

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...plicated-players-speak-league-face-suspension

This all stems from that Al Jazzera report back in January I believe?

The NFL has threatened discipline, including suspension, for players refusing to cooperate with the league's investigation into steroid claims made by an Al-Jazeera America report.

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison, Green Bay Packers linebackers Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers and former Packers linebacker Mike Neal have until Aug. 25 to comply with the league's requests for interviews, according to an NFL letter sent to the NFL Players Association and obtained by ESPN.

Vice president of labor policy and league affairs Adolpho Birch wrote the league has a "good faith basis" for investigating potential violations of the NFL's drug policy, yet the league has made at least seven unsuccessful attempts to interview these players.

"For those players whose interviews do not take place on or before [Aug. 25], or who fail meaningfully to participate in or otherwise obstruct the interview, their actions will constitute conduct detrimental and they will be suspended, separate and apart from any possible future determination that they violated the steroid policy," Birch wrote. "The suspension for each such player will begin on Friday, August 26 and will continue until he has fully participated in an interview with league investigators, after which the Commissioner will determine whether and when the suspension should be lifted."

As much as I don't really like any of those players, it seems a bit ridiculous for the NFL to force a player to leave their teams / training camp to provide an interview in regards to allegations made via a foreign news agency. I mean these guys get drug tested all the time - if they haven't failed a drug test, what is the problem?

Anybody else think there is going to be another lockout in 2020 when the current CBA expires?

Fuck Aaron Rodgers! I hope the hammer comes down on the Packers

Back