Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hernandez Guilty of First Degree murder

I can't imagine his lawyer will find him being murdered. And Suicide gets no life insurance. No money.

That's not true.

Do a simple Google search and you'll find that most policies carry a rider that won't pay within the first 2 to 5 years of the policy taking effect. After that, you could stream it on live social media and state the only reason you're killing yourself is specifically for insurance money and you'd still get paid… As long as you satisfied the time period.

Last edited:
Correct, suicide will still pay of if the policy vested. I didn't know that until last year, but my insurance agent is a good friend and we were talking about that. I always thought it didn't pay off too.

It is being reported though that he failed to maintain the policy payments in 2015, so the policy was cancelled. His attorney said that much.

Also being floated is this notion that since his status reverted to "innocent" since he died while he had appeals pending, that suddenly his contract with the Pats was still in force.

His contract would be considered null and void when he failed to appear for practices and games in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.

The notion that he did this to somehow help his daughter may be true.. it could have been his thinking. But if so, it was a failed plan. She will get nothing.

... well.. not exactly true either. She will get nothing new.

In the days before his arrest, Aaron moved millions into accounts for his brother, his fiance, and his daughter. She got that and they legally could not touch it. She just won't get anything new.

So now we're hearing the dude apparently liked to have a swing at the wang sometimes.

Who'd a thunk?

If Brady knew this, he probably still would've thrown the ball to him anyway.

A touchdown's a touchdown, right?

So now we're hearing the dude apparently liked to have a swing at the wang sometimes.

Who'd a thunk?

If Brady knew this, he probably still would've thrown the ball to him anyway.

A touchdown's a touchdown, right?

Yeah, I find it strange that for nearly four years the biggest missing chunk of the Odin Lloyd murder was the motive. The prosecution never had one.

Now all of the sudden, his sexuality was the motive, and they knew it all along.

I call bullshit. Sounds to me like an attempt at a smear campaign.

Smear campaign? You say that as though being bisexual is somehow worse than being a convicted murderer. I'd say his reputation was pretty smeared already...

Smear campaign? You say that as though being bisexual is somehow worse than being a convicted murderer. I'd say his reputation was pretty smeared already...

I think in the minds of way too many people it's not exactly worse, but it's bad enough to have impact. People tend to lose any sympathy for someone when they find something "distasteful" about them, and to many people, two men being together sexually is a distasteful thing.

If you really wanted to make sure no one looked twice at a celebrity being murdered in prison, you float a few rumors about what he was doing in prison, and a large chunk of people will stop caring.

And I am not too sure about his death. Why did the DA fight so hard against the family getting their own autopsy? Why did they DA not want the brain examined? Why try to keep his hand written final notes from the family?

It's all pretty damned weird to me. Then all of the sudden... "Oh, we thought he was having a bisexaul affair with the man he killed all along, and killed him to prevent being outed, but never said anything for years when our biggest problem with his prosecution was motive."

That seems really sketchy to me.

Setting aside millions for family members just days before says he had his suicide planned.

"People tend to lose any sympathy for someone when they find something "distasteful" about them." I can't believe anyone had any sympathy anyway..

Setting aside millions for family members just days before says he had his suicide planned.

"People tend to lose any sympathy for someone when they find something "distasteful" about them." I can't believe anyone had any sympathy anyway..

Yeah murdering the guy because you sucked his dick is more distasteful than the dick sucking.

Maybe not in Iran, but here...?

I think in the minds of way too many people it's not exactly worse, but it's bad enough to have impact. People tend to lose any sympathy for someone when they find something "distasteful" about them, and to many people, two men being together sexually is a distasteful thing.

If you really wanted to make sure no one looked twice at a celebrity being murdered in prison, you float a few rumors about what he was doing in prison, and a large chunk of people will stop caring.

I don't think anyone had much sympathy for him, which was my point in the first place. He did not have any reputation left to smear. I think there is an order of magnitude difference in people's minds, even bigoted ones, between murder and bisexuality. He was already a murderer. Throwing in the sexual stuff is not gonna add much to the equation. And if it does, that person is seriously fucked in the head so who cares?

And I am not too sure about his death. Why did the DA fight so hard against the family getting their own autopsy? Why did they DA not want the brain examined? Why try to keep his hand written final notes from the family?

It's all pretty damned weird to me. Then all of the sudden... "Oh, we thought he was having a bisexaul affair with the man he killed all along, and killed him to prevent being outed, but never said anything for years when our biggest problem with his prosecution was motive."

That seems really sketchy to me.

Conspiracy theories are fun, but without evidence it's hard to give them much credence.

So now that Hernandez is dead, I guess they decided that he never killed anybody after all.

Go figure.

So now that Hernandez is dead, I guess they decided that he never killed anybody after all.

Go figure.

It's law. In some states you have to file a motion, and in others it's automatic. If you die with appeals in process, your guilty verdict is vacated.

It's law. In some states you have to file a motion, and in others it's automatic. If you die with appeals in process, your guilty verdict is vacated.

No, I'm pretty sure it means he didn't actually kill the guy.

It's a stupid law.. Not that it matters a whole lot, except maybe to the family of the guy he killed.

I think the Pats would have a case for not paying it. I'm sure the NFL has lower standards of proof than the courts

There is no way the Pats will ever pay that. Hernandez violated his contract when he did not show for practice or games in 2013, 2014, 2015, or 2016.

Yes, going to jail, while it may not be willful, does constitute "failure to appear". It's the reason your job can terminate you for being in jail for three days even if you are not convicted.

He had a contract that said he had to play and participate in practices. He failed to do that. His contract and any remaining monies was null and void.

Back