Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Freshmen Quarterbacks

Why does O'Korn guarantee 3 more wins? This team is just as likely to win with JOK compared to any QB on this roster. The offensive is very stale, and a lot of that falls on playcalling and lack of any good pass-catching WRs.

With regards to receivers dropping balls, there is this thing in football where when you have quarterbacks that are inconsistent with their throws, it also makes the receivers inconsistent. When a perfect ball is thrown, receivers are in shock because most of the time the ball is thrown all over the place and they are preparing to have to work for it as opposed to just catching the ball in stride or turning around in your route and having the ball hitting you in the numbers. Our quarterbacks thus far have plain sucked and this isn't the NFL where they sit for years until they are ready for the complicated defenses. Maybe the young quarterbacks are having problems because the offense only runs 3 fucking plays and our defense already knows where the ball is going. Seems logical to me.

Our offense is just very vanilla at best . Nothing exciting being tried or run from our Cordinators sadly.

Dylan McCaffrey is a stud QB recruit and will be the next big UM QB, and first true "Harbaugh QB" since coming to A2.

With the b1g all but lost this early into the season i think you seriously consider pulling mcaffreys red shirt and getting him PT now along with Kareem walker. Get them both meaningful reps and more comfortable going into next year.

Mcaffrey, walker and black could be a great trio as early as next year.

Last edited:
With the b1g all but lost this early into the season i think you seriously consider pulling mcaffreys red shirt and getting him PT now along with Kareem walker. Get them both meaningful reps and more comfortable going into next year.

Mcaffrey, walker and black could be a great trio as early as next year.

Walker I agree with. I do not for McCaffery. Play Peters see what you have .

What I do not understand is a qb (O'Korn) just freaking saying fuck this crap and change the play to Shorter pass routes. Just flip the shitty coaches off and take charge !!!

Last edited:
If Peters doesn't play this weekend, then we are most likely looking at a recruiting bust with him. If the coaches are too afraid to give him time against Buttgers, then I don't have a whole lot of hope that he'll ever play a meaningful down for Michigan.

Why does O'Korn guarantee 3 more wins? This team is just as likely to win with JOK compared to any QB on this roster. The offensive is very stale, and a lot of that falls on playcalling and lack of any good pass-catching WRs.

Nothing is guaranteed. I'm going by the belief that Harbaugh is playing the best QB, so a loss with any other QB would become more likely with a worse QB and, yes, it could get worse. Okorn hasn't thrown a lot of INT's when he isn't asked to throw 20 yards downfield into a monsoon.

It's been said in this thread and others that the season is a wash now and it doesn't matter if Michigan wins another game. I say, "bullshit!" Some are saying it's ok to lose if we can just get some PT for Peters. I say, "bullshit!" again.

The teams they'll beat, they'll beat no matter who the QB is just because they are more talented. O'Korn doesn't give them a leg up.

Going 7-5, 8-4, 9-3, how much does that really matter? I want to see the QB who is supposedly the next big thing start his tenure. We are playing to see individual progress now, the goals are gone.

Here is what Psu did. They were blown out by us last year and responded with a great finsh that set them up for the run this year. They have a decent defense and a really good offense. Great skilled people at rb, wr, and a decent qb.
Michigan was suppose to do this last year and when we lost 2 close games at Iowa and Columbus in which decent play at qb wins both of those games . Harbaugh has to be better with his qb and offsense and I really worry that we are not even close to competing for big ten titles or beyond. How did Franklin do it with that shitty PSU team last year after that AA Beat down? We have to find a qb!! This year is really a disappointment so far.

Last edited:
Pitt Freshman QB torching Miami at the moment. Maybe McCaffery this week if OKorn isn't working out the 1st half and we are still in it? (Assuming OKorn is the starter)

Back