Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Help

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Please post any questions you have in this thread.

What is the Karma thing under your post count? Whats the Exalt/smite?

it's a reputation system. I originally didn't have it on there, but a few requests forced me to. If you think someone made a good point in a post, exalt him and his karma will be at 2. If someone is being an idiot smite him and he'll lose karma. Really it's not a big deal, so you don't have to worry about it if you don't want to.

How do I activate spell check? Not that I need it of course, but I have this friend . . .

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
How do I activate spell check? Not that I need it of course, but I have this friend . . .

Use firefox.

I haven't found an option for spell check on this board yet, but firefox is automatic i believe.

Actually, I did find spell check embedded in the site that works with Explorer. It's a keystroke listed at the bottom of the posting window, but you have to do it manually each time. alt+c

I can't install FireFox on my laptop, it's company owned.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]How can I edit posts when I see a typo after I've posted, and how can I italicize?

Modify button, duh :) . Its located by the quote and delete buttons. As far as italicize you need to get into the advanced editor box, not the quick reply. Now honestly I have no idea how to get there without quoting something.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]How can I edit posts when I see a typo after I've posted, and how can I italicize?

Top right corner of your post click "modify". To italicize, simply highlight your text and click the italicized "I" button.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="TinselWolverine":wgmx04is]How can I edit posts when I see a typo after I've posted, and how can I italicize?

Modify button, duh :) . Its located by the quote and delete buttons. As far as italicize you need to get into the advanced editor box, not the quick reply. Now honestly I have no idea how to get there without quoting something.[/quote:wgmx04is]

Quote or reply

OK, now...how, instead of posting just a link, do I post text that can be clinked on that goes to the link, like the way the "a" button over on the ESPN board functions?

Tinsel - Hit the "Insert Hyperlink" icon above, which spits out...

After the first url instert "=" then the link, and close it with the "]". Between the "]" and "[" type the words you want to appear. For example...

lol

Hit reply on my post to see the example typed out.

I am so frustrated with my computer.... I have no clue how to post pictures or send them for that matter. I have a MAC but it would not matter if i had a PC.. I would muck that up too.

I am not giving up.. By man i am terrible with computers.. LOL

Back