Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What are you reading?

ATM i'm reading "A dance of Dragons". Trying to take it slow though because i have no idea when the next book will be out.

I just read a book called "The Stragglers". I met the author at the Kentucky State Fair. It is his story of growing up in the sticks of KY and then at 17 being shipped to Korea at the beginning of that war. He was there when the North Koreans were winning all the battles. He and about 150 soldiers were ordered to keep a road open so the Americans could retreat. Only he survived. Should be made into a movie.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Game of Thrones

just bought the first 4 books in a set at cosco for $19.99! Eventually ill get around to starting game of thrones once i decide to put the video game controller down instead lol.

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Game of Thrones

just bought the first 4 books in a set at cosco for $19.99! Eventually ill get around to starting game of thrones once i decide to put the video game controller down instead lol.

The first book so far is entertaining. Each chapter is named after a character, some of the chapters I would rather skip just to get to a few of my more favorite characters/plot lines.

Leviathan Wakes, By James S. Corey 2011 Science fiction book... On the cover it was recommended by
George R.R. Martin so that was good enough for me..

Burying the Black Sox, by Gene Carney 2006.. It was recommended by Mjsb2... Packed with info.

A Dance with the Dragons by George R.R. Martin. 2011 book five of the series... I figure i would take my time since it takes martin so long to write theses books...

Just finished.
Soft Apocalypse, By Will Macintosh... Fun fast read about the near future when things go bad...LOL..

mikem2780 said:
elrod said:
A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn

Enjoy, one of my all time favorites

I'm almost done actually, I'm on the Carter-Reagan-Bush chapter. My late uncle was actually an investigative journalist that covered the "war on drugs," so a lot of what I've read isn't shocking, but I do think it's a must read for all.

Still reading the first book of Game of Thrones...entertaining. Helps that one of my co-workers loves the show and I can discuss it with him.

I'm now halfway through "Gringos" by Charles Portis. He also wrote "True Grit," which has been adapted into movie twice, most recently the Cohen Brothers.

great book so far. story about Americans living in mexico in the 60's... macho prose in the tradition of Hemingway, with some of the Hunter S. Thompson element worked in.

Just finished a book called the Magicians. Im not much of a science fiction fan but this book might make me one. My GF read it before I did and said it was basically Harry Potter goes to college. so theres swearing, drinking, sex..

Now im about 50 pages into "ESPN: Those guys have all the fun" basically the History of ESPN. Im waiting to get into the juicy parts about the Anchors and all there personality quirks. Keith Olberman was a real douce. Apparently, the earlier anchors partied their asses off bc thats all there is to do in Bristol at the time. Drink beer, snort blow, and pound strippers....

Back