Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basektball recruiting

Sbee

Starting an official recruiting thread, i'll keep the updates coming as I read them

Ullis and Booker are visiting MSU together on September 6th.

and then Kentucky the next week. i'd love it if some of these guys commit prior to the early signing period, that would give us a better idea of our next steps

Emanuel Mudiay just committed to SMU today, kind of a shock, #2 PG in 2014 and was considered a UK lean. that means that with Jones being a Duke lean that Kentucky may be going all in on Ulis, not what you want to hear. sept 6 OV will be a big weekend

Cliff Alexander tweeted that his top 3 is Kansas, MSU, and DePaul. I guess he's cooled on UK. Kansas is dirty so that worries me but we still have a good shot here

quote from Cliff's HS coach

Kentucky, Michigan State and Kansas are considered to be the frontrunners in Cliff Alexander?s recruitment.
Alexander's girlfriend will be a freshman on the Kansas women's basketball team this season.
"They say he's going to Kansas because the girl he dates goes to Kansas," Alexander?s high school coach, Mike Oliver said. "People are always spouting rumors."
Oliver added that Alexander talks about Michigan State and Tom Izzo "all the time."

Quentin Snider eliminated UK per Roy Schmidt

Quentin Snider eliminated UK per Roy Schmidt

doesn't seem all that big of a deal. I know he just decommitted from Louisville but none of the sites (Rivals, Scouts, ESPN or 247) has Kentucky on the list of schools recruiting him.

another rumor is Snider was ready to commit on his visit to UCLA, his dad talked him into taking all of his visits. he was there with a friend who committed, Trevon Blueitt (Michigan target, top 50 player)

jaylen Johnson to Louisville, somewhat surprised by this but I didn't follow his recruitment that closely

Johnson was a top 50 player that slipped out of the state. He's an excellent rebounder.

Ullis and Booker are at MSU today and tomorrow.

Johnson was a top 50 player that slipped out of the state. He's an excellent rebounder.

Ullis and Booker are at MSU today and tomorrow.

I think MSU and UM were late to the party, can't blame him for going to play for a legendary coach and defending national champion.

Ulis is key, more momentum to MSU lately from people in the know but he's flying from EL to Lexington on sunday, booker too

the funny thing is that people on the UK boards are pissed that they're offering 4 stars

I think MSU and UM were late to the party, can't blame him for going to play for a legendary coach and defending national champion.

Ulis is key, more momentum to MSU lately from people in the know but he's flying from EL to Lexington on sunday, booker too

the funny thing is that people on the UK boards are pissed that they're offering 4 stars

Ullis's father was quoted today as saying he really hopes that his son chooses Michigan State. We'll see, he and Booker are at MSU Friday and Saturday and Kentucky Sunday and Monday. Ullis is Travis Walton's cousin and they're tight, Ullis has called MSU his dream offer, but you never know, Calipari and World Wide Wes will be showing him the money he could make in the NBA. I have a feeling he makes a decision soon.

Ullis's father was quoted today as saying he really hopes that his son chooses Michigan State. We'll see, he and Booker are at MSU Friday and Saturday and Kentucky Sunday and Monday. Ullis is Travis Walton's cousin and they're tight, Ullis has called MSU his dream offer, but you never know, Calipari and World Wide Wes will be showing him the money he could make in the NBA. I have a feeling he makes a decision soon.

Link to that quote? That makes me think hes leaning uk

Link to that quote? That makes me think hes leaning uk
I've read that his father said that WALTON hopes he picks MSU, but also said that Walton is just giving him support and not pushing MSU on him. Wants him to pick the school that's right for him.

Ulis is the biggest recruit is sometime for MSU. Not for his individual ranking, but for what he would most likely bring with other recruits following.

If we don't land Ulis then we don't land Booker and Alexander and it would be a devastating loss. Period!

We need to pull out all the stops this weekend. Bring in Magic, Cleaves, etc...

I've read that his father said that WALTON hopes he picks MSU, but also said that Walton is just giving him support and not pushing MSU on him. Wants him to pick the school that's right for him.

Ulis is the biggest recruit is sometime for MSU. Not for his individual ranking, but for what he would most likely bring with other recruits following.

If we don't land Ulis then we don't land Booker and Alexander and it would be a devastating loss. Period!

We need to pull out all the stops this weekend. Bring in Magic, Cleaves, etc...

No magic but mateen, mopete, and draymond

he said he loves everybody. My gut says we have no shot at this kid. Interesting that he said KY is out - any particular reason? Not like they have any big PF commits from 2014 already.

Back