Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bridges dad says he's coming back...

I totally agree that we need another guard that can handle the ball. I think we can get away with Muhammad for some minutes in each game . I don't disagree that most of the guys are off guards. But it depends on wilson and Wagner I guess and the number of scholarship they still have. if both stay I think even with the guys who are coming in. (Poole, Livers, ect,ect). They were targeting Moe Bamba if I spelled it right?

Poole has deep deep range but like you said can he pass lol. I think jb will find someone and maybe a graduate transfer is a option!!

https://www.landof10.com/michigan/jordan-poole-video-highlights-michigan-basketball-recruiting

Just like I thought we have only 1 left .. they are looking at Wright states guard as a possible transfer. BUT it only happens if they don't get Bamba and if Wagner and wilson go.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/ind...s_wright_state.html#incart_river_mobile_index

UM has no chance to land Bamba, none.

Livers is a redshirt candidate. Poole didn't start in high school, but is one of the better shooters in his class, he's a typical Beilein recruit and will be really good eventually. Who knows on Matthews.

I'd guess UM loses one of Wagner or Wilson, probably Wilson. UM will be decent next year, not great. Ceiling of the Sweet 16, floor of the NIT. Beilein can coach, many UM fans wanted him gone early this year, but look what he did with the limited talent on that team.

UM has no chance to land Bamba, none.

Livers is a redshirt candidate. Poole didn't start in high school, but is one of the better shooters in his class, he's a typical Beilein recruit and will be really good eventually. Who knows on Matthews.

I'd guess UM loses one of Wagner or Wilson, probably Wilson. UM will be decent next year, not great. Ceiling of the Sweet 16, floor of the NIT. Beilein can coach, many UM fans wanted him gone early this year, but look what he did with the limited talent on that team.

I don't think they have a chance at Bamba either but at least we are one of 4 teams mentioned . I think they will try the draft and then come back and wait until next year. Seems like another year of work could help Wagner and wilson move up the draft too. .Who knows about the incoming guys. I think Poole sees the floor a tad. Not sure on Livers . Mathews will be fine I think . Just need Wilson and Wagner to stay. Neither are ready for the NBA.

I think Wagner has an outside chance at being a first rounder due to his length and skill level. Wilson has none and leaving would be a mistake. He would have to be a small forward in the NBA and I don't think the overall skill level is there for that. He'd get eaten alive at PF.

I think Wagner has an outside chance at being a first rounder due to his length and skill level. Wilson has none and leaving would be a mistake. He would have to be a small forward in the NBA and I don't think the overall skill level is there for that. He'd get eaten alive at PF.

Wagners games in the tourney really boosted his stock. Hed be smart to stay longer but he "could " go.

ESPN's head B Ball recruiting expert was calling the Nike Summit game last night. Had MSU #2 next season and cited Bridges's returning as a reason. He thinks he's coming back.

Also, Jaren Jackson was named as the breakout player last night. He had 13 pts 10 rebounds and 3 blocks. He was fairly dominant in the first half and was easily the best big man on the floor. That Sexton, PG going to Bama, was the best player in the floor. Jackson was a close 2nd for a long stretch and this game included Porter and Bamba. Bamba looked bad. This game was played at a really high level and it looked too fast for him. The announcers were raving about Jackson.

I am still confused why bridges would come back. I'm honestly torn also. On one hand, it would be awesome for the Spartans. On the other, he would be a fantastic fit for the pistons.

I am still confused why bridges would come back. I'm honestly torn also. On one hand, it would be awesome for the Spartans. On the other, he would be a fantastic fit for the pistons.

The smarter financial move is probably to go, but it's been written a couple of times recently that Bridges is different. Some people do want to leave some sort of mark before they leave college. And in the end if you have a long productive NBA career regardless it's the difference between banking say $50 million for your career or $55 million. So we'll see.

He sure would like great in a Pistons uniform!!!! :)

Last edited:
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account
@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: Michigan State's Miles Bridges cancelled agent meetings, leaning heavily toward returning for sophomore year. Lottery pick talent.

This guy is usually spot on.

Bridges has decided to return to MSU, he's meeting with Izzo to finalize his decision and will announce his return by the weekend. Several NBA sources now weighing in with as much.

Just absolutely unreal to get a once in a decade talent like Bridges to return to win a title.

If he's so sure he's coming back maybe he should make a decision. If the rumors of other recruits are waiting on him are true it could cost us big time. Most of our backup options got tired of waiting and committed elsewhere.

If he's so sure he's coming back maybe he should make a decision. If the rumors of other recruits are waiting on him are true it could cost us big time. Most of our backup options got tired of waiting and committed elsewhere.

Here's what is interesting. He's been recruiting McCoy heavily. McCoy said maybe he'd announce today, but people are saying that it will be later this week now. If McCoy and Bridges are talking this would make sense, and I hear they bare talking.

On Bridges, he was hurt and never really got back to 100% IMO, can you imagine if he makes a big leap as a player? He didn't even play a full season, it's possible he is much improved next season. Now that he'll be a full time small forward, it wouldn't surprise me to see him lose several pounds, he played at over 230 this year.

Here's what is interesting. He's been recruiting McCoy heavily. McCoy said maybe he'd announce today, but people are saying that it will be later this week now. If McCoy and Bridges are talking this would make sense, and I hear they bare talking.

On Bridges, he was hurt and never really got back to 100% IMO, can you imagine if he makes a big leap as a player? He didn't even play a full season, it's possible he is much improved next season. Now that he'll be a full time small forward, it wouldn't surprise me to see him lose several pounds, he played at over 230 this year.

Well if all these chips fall in place I'll be happy, but I'm still not convinced that Izzo can manage all these talented young players. I'm sure Goins will still get minutes when any other good coach wouldn't let that guy sniff the floor.

Well if all these chips fall in place I'll be happy, but I'm still not convinced that Izzo can manage all these talented young players. I'm sure Goins will still get minutes when any other good coach wouldn't let that guy sniff the floor.

If we don't get McCoy, this team is still loaded.
Ward
Jackson
Bridges
Langford
Winston

That's a starting 5 of 3 McD's AA's and the best freshman big man in the country last year, to go with a passing wizard who should grow leaps and bounds with an off season in a college strength and conditioning program.

Bench of:
Schilling
McQuaid
Tum Tum
Tillman
Ahrens
Goins
Smith (maybe)

That roster is loaded and has a little bit of everything. Add McCoy and Ahrens and or Goins never see the floor and our opponents never get a rebound.

Back