Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Winter is here...

I'm wondering how long it will take for him to spill the beans about what happened with Jon's true parents.

Are we sure though, that the father is Raigor, or whatever, the departed eldest son of the mad King?

Are we sure though, that the father is Raigor, or whatever, the departed eldest son of the mad King?

No, we're not.

It's been hinted at, but we don't know for sure. What we do know is that Ned Stark was not his true father, and that Lyanna Stark was his mother. Prince Rhaegar ordered 3 of the kingsguard to defend the tower of joy where Lyanna was giving birth that would claim her life. It seems unlikely that he would have defended it so much if it had been Robert Baratheons child instead, which is the other theory (Jon Snow has black hair, a Baratheon trait, most Targaryns have silver hair).

Either way, it will change things.

Maybe both dudes was tappin' that right around the same time but Raegar didn't know about Robert.

I think the mother had dark hair so if Snow is Raegar's son that could be why.

Another bit was revealed last night, Rhaegar had his marriage to Elia Martell annulled, and remarried to someone....

Assuming that someone was Lyanna Stark, then Jon Snow is really Jon Targaryan, nephew of Daenerys, since he would have been the child of a legitimate marriage. Don't see how it changes much though.

Another bit was revealed last night, Rhaegar had his marriage to Elia Martell annulled, and remarried to someone....

Assuming that someone was Lyanna Stark, then Jon Snow is really Jon Targaryan, nephew of Daenerys, since he would have been the child of a legitimate marriage. Don't see how it changes much though.

He would be the rightful heir since it passes through the eldest son's line. That could cause problems between Dany and Jon. I don't think it will, though, since there seems to be a mutual attraction going on.

There were a lot of callbacks to episode 1. My favorite was the friendly insults between Robert/ned and Gendry/jon.

Well, i think everyone knew that one or all of her dragons would be killed before the end of the series, but there it is.

I loved the episode, but i'm trying really really hard to believe that Gendry made it back to the wall, the raven made it to Dragonstone, and Dany and her dragons flew over the wall in less than a day. Because you can't tell me that those fuckers survived in the middle of that lake for more than a day. I'm really trying to overlook this, but it's kind of hard. I'll just have to accept that it was an awesome fucking episode.

Also, for the book readers, I'm convinced that 95-99% of what we've seen this season and most of last season will NOT happen in the books. Before season 5, i'd say things happened fairly closely with the books with only little details changed and a few big things (Sansa married to that Bolton Bastard) changed. Yes, the show leaves a lot out from the books, but the main story is similar.

Well, i think everyone knew that one or all of her dragons would be killed before the end of the series, but there it is.

I loved the episode, but i'm trying really really hard to believe that Gendry made it back to the wall, the raven made it to Dragonstone, and Dany and her dragons flew over the wall in less than a day. Because you can't tell me that those fuckers survived in the middle of that lake for more than a day. I'm really trying to overlook this, but it's kind of hard. I'll just have to accept that it was an awesome fucking episode.

Also, for the book readers, I'm convinced that 95-99% of what we've seen this season and most of last season will NOT happen in the books. Before season 5, i'd say things happened fairly closely with the books with only little details changed and a few big things (Sansa married to that Bolton Bastard) changed. Yes, the show leaves a lot out from the books, but the main story is similar.

I think it will happen but there will be a lot more memorable dialogue and filler. I believe that's why these seasons are now shorter. They don't have whole books to draw from, just things that Martin has talked with them about in meetings and talks. I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing it all from damn bullet points.

I (still) love this show, but this season feels like fan fiction. I miss the cruel mind of GRRM.

It's pretty obvious that Dary and Jon Snow wanna bone.

So are we gonna find out if she's his aunt or not before that happens?

Also the dead dragon is now undead - a white walker dragon (or a white flyer) - that is some scary fucking shit.

Years ago, Anthony C. Ferrante, the director of all the Sharknado movies, turned my own sweet departed Direwolf type dog Duchess into an undead monster beast in his movie Boo!; that kind of launched him to the Sharknado franchise.

To me, when I see the dragons, they're like sweet doggies.

Last edited:

I agree with you . The whole timeline just didn't work. Gendry running and a her getting there in less then a day. Just not going to happen . Still it was a fun episode although I hate what the show is turning Arya into. I wish the new book would come out!!!

Last edited:
I agree with you . The whole timeline just didn't work. Gendry running and a her getting there in less then a day. Just not going to happen . Still it was a fun episode...

Well notice that last night's episode was 15 minutes longer than usual. They needed that additional time to get Dany and the dragons halfway across the world before the end of the show.

I agree with you . The whole timeline just didn't work. Gendry running and a her getting there in less then a day. Just not going to happen . Still it was a fun episode although I hate what the show is turning Arya into. I wish the new book would come out!!!

I have a feeling that Arya is playing littlefinger right now. She probably knows what he's trying to do and is setting some kind of trap for him. I wouldn't doubt if either Sansa or Arya kills him in the next episode.

It's pretty obvious that Dary and Jon Snow wanna bone.

So are we gonna find out if she's his aunt or not before that happens?

Also the dead dragon is now undead - a white walker dragon (or a white flyer) - that is some scary fucking shit.

Years ago, Anthony C. Ferrante, the director of all the Sharknado movies, turned my own sweet departed Direwolf type dog Duchess into an undead monster beast in his movie Boo!; that kind of launched him to the Sharknado franchise.

To me, when I see the dragons, they're like sweet doggies.

Well, HBO and the show have already confirmed that he is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark, so yeah she's his aunt. I think the real question is if/when they (on the show will find out). I know some are grossed out by the idea of them being together, but remember that Targaryens have a long history of marrying each other. Hell, The mad king married his own sister. It personally won't bother me at all. I've watched Jaime and Cersei fuck for the last 7 years, so i'm a bit used to it haha.

Sadly, this season is somewhat ruined for me since the scripts were leaked almost a year ago, and like a junkie needing a fix, I stupidly read them.

So all season long, I have known what is going to happen. I still find the show entertaining though, and the acting for the most part is pretty good, and I am somewhat disappointed they only made 8 episodes this season, and next weeks it ends for another year.

*note to self: Don;t read the season 8 spoilers when they get leaked.

I (still) love this show, but this season feels like fan fiction. I miss the cruel mind of GRRM.

Biggest problem is GRRM still has 2 books to write to complete the series (Winds of Winter, a Dream of Spring), but the show can't wait. After all; the timeline from the start of the books to where they are at now in the series is only supposed to be a few years, plus the longer a show runs the more it's production costs skyrocket.

A lot of people are upset the TV series deviates from the books so much, even as much as leaving out 3 major characters from the books (Lady Stoneheart, Quenten Martell, Aryes Targaryn) but it wasn't really possible to do it as a 100% cannon adaptation, and aside from a few really weak episodes in seasons 4, 5, and 6, has done a pretty good job of capturing all the basic themes from the novels.

I have a feeling that Arya is playing littlefinger right now. She probably knows what he's trying to do and is setting some kind of trap for him. I wouldn't doubt if either Sansa or Arya kills him in the next episode.

Your a step a head of me. I just had a thought that both arya and Sansa are setting up littllefinger.

Last edited:
Biggest problem is GRRM still has 2 books to write to complete the series (Winds of Winter, a Dream of Spring), but the show can't wait. After all; the timeline from the start of the books to where they are at now in the series is only supposed to be a few years, plus the longer a show runs the more it's production costs skyrocket.

Maybe they could take it off television and put it on the Internet for people with HBO subscription.

They could write a number of alternative final story lines for each character, and the fans could use this to piece together their own final two seasons and the ultimate over all resolution of the story for themselves.

Kind a like, interactive.

Back