Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Guild Wars 2

Change that, the Thief and Elementalist will be two I start from the get go. Elementalist look pretty cool.

Did you play in the stress test yesterday? I am playing on Tarnished Coast. Our guild(based from the Video Games Open section of the rpg.net forums) is Vagabonds Grifters And Orphans.

Oh, and headstart for prepurchase is August 25, not the 26th. 3AM EST.

As of BWE3, I've tried all the professions. Mesmer was the one I was least interested in, but is easily in the top three of what I am going to play. My least favorite were thief and ranger. A Sylvari Warrior will still be my main.

Last edited:
Did you play in the stress test yesterday? I am playing on Tarnished Coast. Our guild(based from the Video Games Open section of the rpg.net forums) is Vagabonds Grifters And Orphans.

Oh, and headstart for prepurchase is August 25, not the 26th. 3AM EST.

As of BWE3, I've tried all the professions. Mesmer was the one I was least interested in, but is easily in the top three of what I am going to play. My least favorite were thief and ranger. A Sylvari Warrior will still be my main.

I did play in the stress test for the full 4 hours. My first taste of GW2. Played a thief and then a Ranger, in the starting area. Mostly I was just running about Divinity something or ever to get used to the mechanics of using a mouse to control movement with.

Not sure what are server our guild will eventually be on. We have 43 that will play, currently, max out at 50 or so.

Your guild sounds a bit familiar but not sure where I heard the name. My guild is The Mistwalkers.

Last edited:
I did play in the stress test for the full 4 hours. My first taste of GW2. Played a thief and then a Ranger, in the starting area. Mostly I was just running about Divinity something or ever to get used to the mechanics of using a mouse to control movement with.

Not sure what are server our guild will eventually be on. We have 43 that will play, currently, max out at 50 or so.

Your guild sounds a bit familiar but not sure where I heard the name. My guild is The Mistwalkers.

Not sure where you heard the name. We just settled on it last week. I doubt it's from somewhere else. Video Games Open->VGO->Vagabonds Grifters And Orphans. What do you mean using your mouse to move around? WASD and right mouse click to turn?

I rebound move forward to S, and strafing left/right to A/D.

Not sure where you heard the name. We just settled on it last week. I doubt it's from somewhere else. Video Games Open->VGO->Vagabonds Grifters And Orphans. What do you mean using your mouse to move around? WASD and right mouse click to turn?

I rebound move forward to S, and strafing left/right to A/D.

Must have been a different guild. I just thought Vagabond sounded familiar.

I have always used the arrow keys for movement. I never could get used to WASD. And with the right hand on the arrow keys the camera to turn was harder to do because my right hand was already busy with the arrow keys.

Obviously not ideal but it always worked for me. So GW2, my right hand will be on the mouse at all times, including a run macro on one of the mouse buttons. So I was just trying to get used to it since its new to me.

Last edited:
Another stress test tomorrow afternoon. 3pm-7pm EST. I'm at work during this one, so no fun for me.

Headstart has gone pretty well. Biggest issue so far is the Trading Post being down. Hopefully they get it fixed pretty soon. Filled all my character slots on launch, with my main being the last one. Petroc, Level 16 Sylvari Warrior.

I haven't tried sPVP or WvW yet, maybe tonight. So far I have an 8 Ranger, 5 Thief and 2 Engineer. One of my guild mates is like 35 now and I've seen a level 40. I don't understand the point in leveling so fast.

We're on Tarnished Coast, I think that's how ya spell it.

I haven't tried sPVP or WvW yet, maybe tonight. So far I have an 8 Ranger, 5 Thief and 2 Engineer. One of my guild mates is like 35 now and I've seen a level 40. I don't understand the point in leveling so fast.

We're on Tarnished Coast, I think that's how ya spell it.

I'm level 22, with a all my other slots filled with level 2s. Also on Tarnished Coast. Probably do some WvW tomorrow night.

I did play some sPVP a couple nights ago, I had fun. Trying to get used to the dodge and some other stuff so I pretty much sucked but I had fun.

The only disappointed aspect so far, some of the personal story quests at low levels, 8-12, are tougher than shit and impossible.

Which ones are you working on? I had a problem with one of them, but then I realized I could just go around a group of mobs instead of trying to fight them. Don't forget, you can bring others with you. I had big problems with another around level 20, I had to switch weapon sets and try a different approach/utilities.

I hit 41 last night. Did some epic event chain where we fought a champion giant and champion centaur. So much lag with 60+ people fighting. Overall a great experience. I've done the story mode of both dungeons so far. Second one was a lot more interesting than the first.

John Haark - Norn Ranger
Jimmy Spragg - Human Thief
Papi Quinn - Human Mesmer
Poiroit - Sylvari Engineer
Blue Horn Eyes - Charr Warrior

Mitchblue.5371

Last edited:
Dark Madax - Necromancer
Daximus V - Warrior

Madax.3964

Back