Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

Again... we seem to give all the credit to god when literally anything happens that's good. But just chalk it up to humans being broken when something bad happens. I just can't get around to backing that.

God is Good. Literally. So good that he turns bad into it. We have free will.

If he does care as much as you say he does I think he could do a little more than just send 1 guy down from space 2000+ years ago.

1. That's not really how it happened.
2. He is still among us.
3. What His son did was a little more than just "just." He conquered death and offers you and me eternal life. We are all going to live forever. It's just a matter of where.

Now you have religions left making their own rules... making all these interpretations. It's simply not gods word anymore and no one really knows if it ever was cause all we have to go by is 4 white dudes Matthew mark Paul john were somehow buddies with a Mexican named Jesus smack dab in the middle of Arab nations back when they didn't have much means of documenting anything.

Homer's stories precede the Gospels by 800 years, but no one doubt that someone wrote them down. And the earliest copies are 1,700 years older than the original stories. So, why aren't the Gospels considered as authentic. The Gospel writers were Jews. So was Paul, who wrote a series of letters as he spread Christianity through the known world.

If you don't want to give the world Jesus II just send an Angel down to do a quick YouTube video. Is that too hard for a creator of multiverses?

There is only one Jesus, and as I said, He is among us, through the Holy Spirit and in the Blessed Sacrament. Being a former Catholic, I expect that you know what I mean.

I think it quite obviously points to it (Creator) not caring or it not having a conscience.

If God didn't care about us, we wouldn't even exist. Or never have existed. But He created you and everyone else, specifically, with intent, out of Divine Love.

I'll hold off on the value of redemptive suffering for another time.

God is Good. Literally. So good that he turns bad into it. We have free will.

1. That's not really how it happened.
2. He is still among us.
3. What His son did was a little more than just "just." He conquered death and offers you and me eternal life. We are all going to live forever. It's just a matter of where.

Homer's stories precede the Gospels by 800 years, but no one doubt that someone wrote them down. And the earliest copies are 1,700 years older than the original stories. So, why aren't the Gospels considered as authentic. The Gospel writers were Jews. So was Paul, who wrote a series of letters as he spread Christianity through the known world.

There is only one Jesus, and as I said, He is among us, through the Holy Spirit and in the Blessed Sacrament. Being a former Catholic, I expect that you know what I mean.

If God didn't care about us, we wouldn't even exist. Or never have existed. But He created you and everyone else, specifically, with intent, out of Divine Love.

I'll hold off on the value of redemptive suffering for another time.

I don't know if he meant to create us... I'm not sure we were part of his plan. Something created the building blocks of us and we don't really have a solid idea of how that even happened. Then of 14B years later here we are and we don't have a solid idea of how that happened either since it seems a Neanderthals brain magically evolved 100s of times faster than it should have.

Things happen in 14B years...was Jesus ever asked why God wiped out the dinosaurs? Seems like he would know that being the son of God... or did they not talk much?

All of these things could have happened because of religion. All of these things could have happened without religion.

What happens to a universe when all that's left is a gigantic black hole? Does it eject all the building blocks back out? Are all those building blocks being ejected now into another dimension/universe? Is there a God even monitoring that? Does there need to be a God for any of that to happen?

Is it God's plan that one day the universe will be to far spread out and too cold to create new solar systems... the stars will die out... and all life with it. That fact doesnt paint the best picture of a caring God...or one that has thought this thru for humanitys sake.

Last edited:
I don't know if he meant to create us... I'm not sure we were part of his plan. Something created the building blocks of us and we don't really have a solid idea of how that even happened. Then of 14B years later here we are and we don't have a solid idea of how that happened either since it seems a Neanderthals brain magically evolved 100s of times faster than it should have.

Things happen in 14B years...was Jesus ever asked why God wiped out the dinosaurs? Seems like he would know that being the son of God... or did they not talk much?

All of these things could have happened because of religion. All of these things could have happened without religion.

What happens to a universe when all that's left is a gigantic black hole? Does it eject all the building blocks back out? Are all those building blocks being ejected now into another dimension/universe? Is there a God even monitoring that? Does there need to be a God for any of that to happen?

Is it God's plan that one day the universe will be to far spread out and too cold to create new solar systems... the stars will die out... and all life with it. That fact doesnt paint the best picture of a caring God...or one that has thought this thru for humanitys sake.

Could be.

On the other hand, the concept inspired a great song by David Gates.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wjgJh0Nwbt4&pp=ygUCaWY=

Diocese of San Francisco threatens bankruptcy after being sued by hundreds of sexual abuse victims:
In a statement released Friday, the archdiocese said in part:

"For several months now, with the assistance of our financial and legal advisors, we have been investigating the best options for managing and resolving these cases. After much contemplation and prayer, I wish to inform you that a Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization is very likely."

After much contemplation and prayer, GOD advised us to protect our assets using federal bankruptcy law.

Amen.

Diocese of San Francisco threatens bankruptcy after being sued by hundreds of sexual abuse victims:
In a statement released Friday, the archdiocese said in part:

"For several months now, with the assistance of our financial and legal advisors, we have been investigating the best options for managing and resolving these cases. After much contemplation and prayer, I wish to inform you that a Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization is very likely."

After much contemplation and prayer, GOD advised us to protect our assets using federal bankruptcy law.

Amen.

How did I miss this one? This is classic!

:lmao:

This could also go under Politics, but I'll put it here. For the "Do As I Say Not As I Do" subfolder:
Florida GOP Chair, Whose Wife Co-Founded Moms for Liberty, Accused of Sexual Assault amid M?nage ? Trois Scandal
Christian Ziegler, the head of Florida's Republican Party, is under criminal investigation following an allegation of sexual battery, the Sarasota County Police Department confirms to PEOPLE.

His accuser claims that she'd been in a consenting three-way sexual relationship with Christian and his wife, Bridget Ziegler, for some time leading up to the incident...

While Christian chairs the Florida GOP, Bridget sits on Sarasota County's school board and co-founded the far-right group Moms for Liberty, an organization that advocates against any mention of LGBTQ rights, race, ethnicity, critical race theory, or discrimination in school curriculum. Though no longer with Moms for Liberty, Bridget was one of the driving forces behind Florida's divisive "Don't Say Gay" legislation.
so being in Florida, and founding that particularly odious group, they're quite literally on the forefront of injecting their aggressively dumb version of American Christianity into our politics and government, to deny other people their rights and ensure their religious views are promoted to the exclusion of all contrary views.
A heavily redacted report provided by the Sarasota PD reveals that an anonymous person accused Christian ? whose name is concealed on the document ? of sexual battery on Oct. 4 at a home in Sarasota. The word "raped" is included in the report, though its context is also redacted.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What can I tell ya?

A married couple wants to bring in a unicorn I don?t care.

I ain?t their spiritual advisor.

I ain?t nobody?s spiritual advisor.

As far as the assault complaint?when somewhat out of the ordinary sexual activity has been going on for an amount of time?it usually diminishes the credibility of the claim.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah, this is so unnecessary, and disordered. "As for the do as I say and not as I do" that's concupiscence for you. And it's also the tagline of every federal and state politician in office.

But it doesn't change the fact that the public education system is in shambles by design.

Last edited:
Moms for Liberty isn?t a far right group and they don?t advocate against mentions LGBTQ, race, ethnicity or discrimination in school curriculum. They advocate against the sexualizatioj of young children, exposing them to inappropriiatr sexual material and dividing people, especially children along racial and ethnic lines. Also, there?s no such thing as a ?Don?t Say Gay? bill in Florida or anywhere else. But when have facts ever stopped you from pushing a bullshit narrative? The answer is never and the reason is if you had to be make fact based arguments and accuratley represent the other side, you?d make an even bigger ass of yourself than you already do.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What can I tell ya?

A married couple wants to bring in a unicorn I don?t care.

I ain?t their spiritual advisor.

I ain?t nobody?s spiritual advisor.

As far as the assault complaint?when somewhat out of the ordinary sexual activity has been going on for an amount of time?it usually diminishes the credibility of the claim.
well, apparently he was jealous the other woman was more into his wife than him:
According to a search warrant affidavit, which CNN first obtained from the Florida Center for Government Accountability, Ziegler and his wife, Bridget, planned a three-way sexual encounter with the alleged victim on the day of the alleged assault on October 2, and ?when the victim learned that Bridget could not make it, she changed her mind and canceled with Christian.? The Zieglers allegedly had a previous consensual sexual relationship with the accuser, according to the affidavit.

Surveillance video showed Ziegler arriving at the alleged victim?s residence on the day of the alleged assault, the affidavit says. The alleged victim said Christian entered the apartment and raped her on a bar stool, according to the affidavit.

The Florida GOP reduced his salary to $1. Can't buy much these days with $1... THANKS JOE BRANDON!

well, apparently he was jealous the other woman was more into his wife than him:
According to a search warrant affidavit, which CNN first obtained from the Florida Center for Government Accountability, Ziegler and his wife, Bridget, planned a three-way sexual encounter with the alleged victim on the day of the alleged assault on October 2, and ?when the victim learned that Bridget could not make it, she changed her mind and canceled with Christian.? The Zieglers allegedly had a previous consensual sexual relationship with the accuser, according to the affidavit.

Surveillance video showed Ziegler arriving at the alleged victim?s residence on the day of the alleged assault, the affidavit says. The alleged victim said Christian entered the apartment and raped her on a bar stool, according to the affidavit.

The Florida GOP reduced his salary to $1. Can't buy much these days with $1... THANKS JOE BRANDON!

What I can tell ya?

I ain?t never lived in FL, and while I ain?t been a D since I was about a teenager, I also ain?t been a Republitard for more than a couple decades.

Not my monkeys, not my circus.

If Harbaugh keeps this up, mc may have to start rooting against him or even calling for his dismissal...

Harbaugh would probably know more about how good a player Jesus would have been than I do.

I think he had talents that would have made him a great wide receiver but then I realize I?m mixing him up with that Kryptonian Kalel.

Jesus would probably have been a great receiver, but probably not as good as LeBron James would have been; although James was a technically a high school All American as a tight end.

Records indicate he was quite a motivational speaker, so maybe he would have been a good coach.

Although probably not as good as Vince Lombardi.

Or Bellicheck.

Unless of course HC Jesus Christ would have been blessed to have had former Michigan quarterback ?TB 10? Tom Brady under center.

Harbaugh would probably know more about how good a player Jesus would have been than I do.

I think he had talents that would have made him a great wide receiver but then I realize I?m mixing him up with that Kryptonian Kalel.

Jesus would probably have been a great receiver, but probably not as good as LeBron James would have been; although James was a technically a high school All American as a tight end.

Records indicate he was quite a motivational speaker, so maybe he would have been a good coach.

Although probably not as good as Vince Lombardi.

Or Bellicheck.

Unless of course HC Jesus Christ would have been blessed to have had former Michigan quarterback ?TB 10? Tom Brady under center.

you seem to be selling the lord bit short here. Do you think he could hit a curve ball?

you seem to be selling the lord bit short here. Do you think he could hit a curve ball?

I tend to think a guy who could turn water into wine and stone into bread would be able to hit from both sides of the plate, negating the problem of the curveball.

With his leadership skills, in MLB I see Jesus as the catcher.

But not necessarily in Canada.

Not unlike this guy.

Although I also see this guy hitting from both sides of the plate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ovff3nwdY0Y&pp=ygUid2hhdCBpZiB0b20gYnJhZHkgcGxheWVkIGJhc2ViYWxsIA==
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0B78OuqUvwY&pp=ygUdaWYgdG9tIGJyYWR5IHdhcyBsZWZ0IGhhbmRlZCA=

I tend to think a guy who could turn water into wine and stone into bread would be able to hit from both sides of the plate, negating the problem of the curveball.

With his leadership skills, in MLB I see Jesus as the catcher.

But not necessarily in Canada.

Not unlike this guy.

Although I also see this guy hitting from both sides of the plate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ovff3nwdY0Y&pp=ygUid2hhdCBpZiB0b20gYnJhZHkgcGxheWVkIGJhc2ViYWxsIA==
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0B78OuqUvwY&pp=ygUdaWYgdG9tIGJyYWR5IHdhcyBsZWZ0IGhhbmRlZCA=

Lefthandedness is a sure sign of Satan. Brady wasn?t born left handed and that?s how we know he must have sold his soul to the devil at some point during his life. It probably happened sometime after college because he wasn?t really successful until he got his shot with the Patriots. Lucifer taking out Drew Bledsoe was probably part of the deal.

Last edited:
Lefthandedness is a sure sign of Satan. Brady wasn?t born left handed and that?s how we know he must have sold his soul to the devil at some point during his life. It probably happened sometime after college because he wasn?t really successful until he got his shot with the Patriots. Lucifer taking out Drew Bledsoe was probably part of the deal.

Makes sense.

I have always had my suspicions of Bellicheck.

Lloyd would have NEVER allowed Satan on the U of M Campus.

Which kind of explains Tressel.

Back