Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fire Caldwell

Is this a serious fkn question? Of course you have to witness it!!! Wtf?! Lol.
Having an opinion on something when you don't even follow it is beyond ignorant.
I know nothing, zilch, zero, nada about soccer. Would u trust my "opinion" if I was talking about a certain team? No, you wouldn't! You would tell me to fuck off lol.

I wouldn't tell you to fuck off...I have grown to like you.

In sports, your opinion has a lot more merit if you watch the actual flow of the game and the plays instead of a box score. So yeah, you can have an opinion, but it loses a ton of staying power.

I agree...you have to watch some but not every game and every minute. I don't give more merit to someone's opinion just because they watch every minute. From what I understand, LKP watches every game then watches them again afterward (probably in his mom's basement). He may be more informed about some aspects of the Lions but his opinion is worthless to me because he is too biased. Then trying to compare the Lions to other teams or Lions players to players from other teams. Given your criteria, you would have to watch every game played by every team to have an opinion "with merit".

I agree...you have to watch some but not every game and every minute. I don't give more merit to someone's opinion just because they watch every minute. From what I understand, LKP watches every game then watches them again afterward (probably in his mom's basement). He may be more informed about some aspects of the Lions but his opinion is worthless to me because he is too biased. Then trying to compare the Lions to other teams or Lions players to players from other teams. Given your criteria, you would have to watch every game played by every team to have an opinion "with merit".

Huh?? You just straw manned and put a ton of words in my mouth.

If you want to have a solid opinion about what is happening with the Lions, you damn well better watch what is happening on the field.

Other teams? I don't think any of us have a strong opinion one way or another because we don't watch those games. And we don't pretend otherwise.

With the amount of information available online, you can probably get a good idea of how a game went by reading post-game analysis and watching clips. Watching the game live is fun and all, but there's only so much information you can absorb from one viewing (though maybe that's just me speaking personally). There's also some subjectivity when watching as a fan in the moment, we probably give the Lions too much blame/credit than an objective viewer might.

That said, a box score is a terrible way to judge a game. Watching all 60+ minutes probably isn't necessary, but one can at least make use of the many resources available beyond a box score when forming an opinion.

I watch twice and am the least biased in here. My positive correct informed opinion will not be silenced to due to extreme negative misinformed bias. I criticize plenty of lions players and specific coaching decisions

And i have watched zero games from my moms basement fyi. I am Married with a kid

Last edited:
I watch twice and am the least biased in here. My positive correct informed opinion will not be silenced to due to extreme negative misinformed bias. I criticize plenty of lions players and specific coaching decisions

And i have watched zero games from my moms basement fyi. I am Married with a kid

does your kid have to complete his chores....or just true complete his chores whenever he has an excuse?

does your kid have to complete his chores....or just true complete his chores whenever he has an excuse?

If he was injured or a 3rd party referee screwed him over, he wouldn't need to do chores. I'd give him a free pass.

He's only 8 months though. So no chores

Maybe we should interview Caldwell again, ask him if he would let prater attempt FG’s from 55 yards? I think he would

Last edited:
https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019...ch-jim-caldwell-joining-miami-dolphins-staff/
Former Lions coach Jim Caldwell joining Miami Dolphins staff.
LionsWire

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/01...m-caldwell-expected-to-join-the-dolphins.html
Former Lions coach Jim Caldwell expected to join the Dolphins.
Mlive

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...lions-jim-caldwell-back-nfl-miami/2569841002/
Former Detroit Lions coach Jim Caldwell to join Miami Dolphins staff.
Freep

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...aldwell-join-miami-dolphins-staff/2570410002/
Ex-Lions coach Jim Caldwell to join Miami Dolphins staff.
Detnews

Last edited:
Back