Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs Indiana

Why are we calling timeout????? Why on earth would you want them to draw up a play on 4th down???????????

This game brought me back to early Connor Cook games. Misfire on passes for 3 quarters while the defense keeps you in it and then make a couple plays late to win it.

I didn't get a chance to watch the game. Listened while driving. Once again the amount of young guys this team relies on to make plays is incredible. And they are stepping up to the plate.

I can semi understand how you may lose sight of that in the heat of the moment. It's easy for me to say as I watch on TV.

I'd think that as he got inside the 10 maybe he'd think, "wait, this is happening a little bit TOO easily".

At least it didn't end up costing them.

Last edited:
I'd think that as he got inside the 10 maybe he'd think, "wait, this is happening a little bit TOO easily".

At least it didn't end up costing them.

I cussed him out through my TV when he was running then rage posted here about him, but in the end the coaches should have told them not to go into the end zone after they got that last first down. Players are out there playing hard. It's hard to fault him for scoring there.

I cussed him out through my TV when he was running then rage posted here about him, but in the end the coaches should have told them not to go into the end zone after they got that last first down. Players are out there playing hard. It's hard to fault him for scoring there.

Exactly, he's not going to think about the score mid run, he goes into that play with the mindset that he needs to get as many yards as possible.

Pretty disappointing that Lewerke was so off, passing game hadn't done anything in weeks but that happens when you play in a monsoons. With good weather you'd hope that he'd be more accurate, IU's new coach has a defensive background and they're not like the previous IU teams though. Freshmen WR's are going to be really good, love what Rison and White bring. Off to NW with a chance to go 5-0 in the big ten, NW looks like maybe they figured a few things out and are playing better football, I'll take another ugly win.

I don't think scoring there was that big of a deal, especially to go up by 8. IU still had a timeout so it's possible they could have gotten the ball back. There are other scenarios just as unlikely as a TD drive and 2 point conversion, like a muffed snap or hand off and those could have cost you the game, not a chance at a tie. He should have not scored but I wasn't that upset about it especially since, as its been pointed out, it was an easy mistake to make in the heat of battle.

Do we know the coaches didn't tell him not to score? Haven't watched the post game press conference.

I guess there was 1:49 left when he scored. So assuming he had gone down or they had taken a knee there to make Indiana use their last timeout (can't remember if they were out of timeouts or had 1 left at that point), then run two more plays, then maybe run 1 more play on 4th down deep in Indiana territory, they'd have given them the ball left with 15-20 seconds to go and needing about 50 yards to get into position for a game winning field goal. Tough call. I guess if you're up 8 after the score the worst you're doing is going to OT.

Back