Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Michigan State Spartans

Old 01-11-2018, 01:03 PM   #151

What happened in 1 week? We went from blowing out a decent team like Maryland to getting blasted by OSU and going to OT with Rutgers.

Izzo might practice his team too hard, they look worn down right now. But more than that, both OSU and Rutgers were incredibly physical on defense. Our offense has a lot of motion and both those teams clogged it up for our cutters so much so that they stopped cutting hard to the ball. I'd bet Izzo spends all practice today on having the guys run harder on offense. Defense was fine most of last night, until late in the game when their guards were driving and making circus shots.

Team will figure it out, and earlier in this thread a couple of us were actually hoping for some adversity.

Rutgers has more size than any team we have faced, and they aren't just tall, they're big. I really like what their coach is building there, they are going to be good. Ohio State scouted us well and clogged it up more than Rutgers did, and they had that 21-2 run in 2 and a half minutes that was really strange and made the difference.

Michigan is a finesse team, doubt they stop our O like that. But they are playing pretty well too. Penetration from their guards is the only thing that worries me.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-12-2018, 08:42 AM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny2x2x View Post
What happened in 1 week? We went from blowing out a decent team like Maryland to getting blasted by OSU and going to OT with Rutgers.

Izzo might practice his team too hard, they look worn down right now. But more than that, both OSU and Rutgers were incredibly physical on defense. Our offense has a lot of motion and both those teams clogged it up for our cutters so much so that they stopped cutting hard to the ball. I'd bet Izzo spends all practice today on having the guys run harder on offense. Defense was fine most of last night, until late in the game when their guards were driving and making circus shots.

Team will figure it out, and earlier in this thread a couple of us were actually hoping for some adversity.

Rutgers has more size than any team we have faced, and they aren't just tall, they're big. I really like what their coach is building there, they are going to be good. Ohio State scouted us well and clogged it up more than Rutgers did, and they had that 21-2 run in 2 and a half minutes that was really strange and made the difference.

Michigan is a finesse team, doubt they stop our O like that. But they are playing pretty well too. Penetration from their guards is the only thing that worries me.
OSU just blew out Maryland last night. Maybe OSU is a decent team? I honestly don't know...I haven't seen them play yet.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:22 AM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
OSU just blew out Maryland last night. Maybe OSU is a decent team? I honestly don't know...I haven't seen them play yet.
yeah, they're decent but we shouldn't get blown out by them like we did - they're not that good.
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM   #154

4 minutes 5 turnovers. Yeah Iím going to sleep
Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM   #155

Hell of a lineup there with tum mcquaid schilling and Goins

Another TO
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM   #156

About to start my annual drinking game of a shot per turnover. Hopefully I live
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM   #157

started out 8-9 shooting and we only lead by 1 because we have 8 fucking turnovers. Mainly Winston and Bridges. No excuses for their out of control game.
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #158

Ahhhh good old illinois road game. tons of fouls, hacking, turnovers and illinois hanging with us the entire game. This is just a typical game at Illinois. Pray for a win here. This game will never get going....

Last edited by Spartan23MSU; Yesterday at 09:34 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM   #159

And of course we are going to get their best game thy have played all year...yawnsss
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #160

When the hell are you going to come to play mcquaid