Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Greatest Fight Song

not to be a Michigan homer, but you can't seriously think that is better than Michigan's? or Notre Dame's?

Absolutely!!!!!! I have watched that before every football and basketball game for the last two years and it still gives me chills

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]not to be a Michigan homer, but you can't seriously think that is better than Michigan's? or Notre Dame's?

gotta agree here.

I tried listening to the msu fight song and it was boring as hell.

[flash=350,287:eek:65d4y6g]http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6pSCW0yaMg&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:eek:65d4y6g]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
{
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

Hmm i agree with this youtube video of the top 10 fight songs

I always thought the MSU fight song was okay. Nothing too special, but not annoying or bland like some.

It's nice they have their traditions too.

When The Victors is played in its entirety (including the M Fanfare), Michigan's fight song is a work of art. Ask most classical musicians or anyone who enjoys orchestra and they should tell you The Victors is dynamic, majestic, bold and a very well written piece. ND's chorus (and just the chorus) is catchier and more pleasant than The Victors chorus to the ear(nd's has a nicer melody while Michigan's chorus marches along kinda like Glory Glory Hallelujah) . But when listening to the entire song (not just what both teams play after a touchdown) Michigan's is a better score, and embodies the soul of college sports. USC's Fight On would get some votes too, at least for its recognizable melody.

Back