Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs Youngstown St

greenandwhite95

Really looking forward to this game. It feels like it took forever to get here. Really interested in how good the D will look. I think we are going to see a better defense this year than last. Want to see how well the O-line looks out there, they are my major concern. Not to worried about the O moving the ball. If for some reason they can't move the ball against YSU we could be in trouble this year. YSU should not be very good so we better not struggle.

I think we win 41 - 14 and coach D calls of the dogs middle third quarter.

Go Green

yeah, it'll be a repeat of tonght's wisky game.

MSU 28 YSU 6... Final..

MSU looked flat but good teams overcome that and beat lesser teams.. That is what MSU did..

Not a great showing, but it's OK, too many times we've seen the Spartans blow out teams early and then stop improving. We have a lot to improve on. Especially our down field passing game.

That was so ugly. They cannot play like that and expect to win. Jared McGaha was awful at LT, and Treadwell didn't play very well at center. The defensive line didn't even come close to living up to their potential, and the linebackers still don't look like they know their place yet. I think by next week they will have most of the problems ironed out, and by ND week they should be ready to go. There were some bright spots tonight though. The running backs all looked pretty good. Cousins had a nice game as did Cunningham. Isiah Lewis looked great, and what I think in the greatest moment in spartan football history happened tonight. Arthur Ray got to start after a four year battle with cancer. That brought tears. The guy really deserved that,

msu2011 said:
That was so ugly. They cannot play like that and expect to win. Jared McGaha was awful at LT, and Treadwell didn't play very well at center. The defensive line didn't even come close to living up to their potential, and the linebackers still don't look like they know their place yet. I think by next week they will have most of the problems ironed out, and by ND week they should be ready to go. There were some bright spots tonight though. The running backs all looked pretty good. Cousins had a nice game as did Cunningham. Isiah Lewis looked great, and what I think in the greatest moment in spartan football history happened tonight. Arthur Ray got to start after a four year battle with cancer. That brought tears. The guy really deserved that,

Yes, that was not a pretty showing last night. I was really hoping we wouldn't struggle against an inferior opponent at home, but we did. The D didn't look like I thought they would and the O was having it's own problems. I wonder if losing Treadwell will have a negative impact on our offensive playcalling ?, it looked like it last night. I guess we won't really tell where we are at until the ND game but last night was not good and hopefully it isn't a sign of things to come.

Back