Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Malik Mcdowell

I think it will be OSU, out of state but still close..

Last edited:
I read somewhere that his mom wants him to go out of state to get away from some of the "crowd" he has been hanging with.

I read somewhere that his mom wants him to go out of state to get away from some of the "crowd" he has been hanging with.

we'll never know the real reason, that may sound good in the papers and she's waging a bit of a PR war now.

I just feel bad for the kid, maybe the commitment was a way to show the world what he really wanted before succumbing to the pressure from others

I think it will be OSU, out of state but still close..

Don't think I want it to be OSU. Kid should play where he wants to play. Heart seems to be in EL. Questionable at this point whether he could be happy and therefore productive elsewhere.

Per Scout Malik will visit OSU and MICHIGAN.

But that's just from one of those athlete stalker sites, so you know maybe he really isn't going to visit MICHIGAN, just "maybe"

Today is the first time I'm not confident about landing him. He blinked before his mom did.

"Southfield (Mich.) High five-star defensive tackle and Michigan State commit Malik McDowell told 247Sports on Sunday morning he won't be taking any unofficial visits. "

"McDowell added that he and his parents are talking things over slowly and that he will hopefully have his LOI in to Michigan State sooner rather than later. "

Pretty much what I've been hearing. He won't take any more visits, despite what his parents want. Not really worried about this, Malik is all Green, should his parents convince him to go elsewhere, I won't hold it against him, and this class is great with or without him.

Last edited:
"Southfield (Mich.) High five-star defensive tackle and Michigan State commit Malik McDowell told 247Sports on Sunday morning he won't be taking any unofficial visits. "

"McDowell added that he and his parents are talking things over slowly and that he will hopefully have his LOI in to Michigan State sooner rather than later. "

Pretty much what I've been hearing. He won't take any more visits, despite what his parents want. Not really worried about this, Malik is all een, should his parents convince him to go elsewhere, I won't hold it against him, and this class is great with or without him.

Moral if the story, don't believe sam webb

Moral if the story, don't believe sam webb

Guy is a POS who openly brags about calling and texting Malik's parents several times a day tryinig to get him to go to Michigan. Guy is a walking and talking recruiting violation, but he's disguised as someone in the media.

Retweeted by Josh Helmholdt
Kevin Noon ‏@Kevin_Noon 5m
Just talked with Malik McDowell and he said he is ONLY focused on #MichiganState at this point and not looking at other schools.

Kevin Noon ‏@Kevin_Noon 1m
I showed my previous tweet to Malik @D1_LEEK before sending it and he signed off on it. He is watching @core6athletes Core6 Event in Cincy.

Last edited:
Kevin Noon ‏@Kevin_Noon 5m
Just talked with Malik McDowell and he said he is ONLY focused on #MichiganState at this point and not looking at other schools.

Kevin Noon ‏@Kevin_Noon 1m
I showed my previous tweet to Malik @D1_LEEK before sending it and he signed off on it. He is watching @core6athletes Core6 Event in Cincy.

Just sign the loi before this thread ends up being 50 pages long

Back